Page 110 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2081
    Spectacular Member

The problem was (for me anyway), it was too little of either character. They have what, three Peter Parker Spider-Man books, the Miles version, and the 2099 one, so why exactly couldn't Rich and Sam get separate titles?

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I hope Rich and Sam get their own books in the future. .... or at least Rich =P
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    The problem was (for me anyway), it was too little of either character. They have what, three Peter Parker Spider-Man books, the Miles version, and the 2099 one, so why exactly couldn't Rich and Sam get separate titles?
    That would cause a war in the fanbase. Also I doubt they separately could have lasted any longer anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    DC gave each of the four Earth Green Lanterns their own titles during New 52 (Hal for Green Lantern, John for Green Lantern Corps, Kyle for New Guardians and eventually Guy for Red Lanterns), and three of those got axed after four years because of low sales. Okay, two got axed (New Guardians and Red Lanterns) with one being retooled into two successive mini-series (GLC, with Guy rejoining the Greens) while Kyle went off into The Omega Men. There was even a fifth Lantern title focusing on Sinestro and his Corps that started in 2014, however that also got low sales despite great reviews (much like Omega Men actually). My point is that this showed there weren't enough fans of individual headlining characters to keep all the titles viable, and that by spreading them across four or five titles it just wasn't affordable for enough people to show their support for all or some of the titles. Of course with all four of the leads in the one book has people complaining that their favorite character isn't getting enough attention, so where were they with their dollars when their favorite character did have their own book?

To apply this to Nova, if Rich and Sam weren't popular enough together (and I think they're great sharing the lead role in the same book) to keep the title afloat for more than just over half a year, then having individual titles for each of them won't work either. From what I've seen, the sales figures for the previous, post-Secret Wars, run weren't very impressive and that had been with Sam headlining the title for several years at that point.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

At this point, best thing to do is leave Sam with The Champions and send Rich to GotG.

This series was well enough written, but for me, the art just didnt mesh. It was dynamic, and would work for some stories, but didn't seem to fit well, imo, here.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    At this point, best thing to do is leave Sam with The Champions and send Rich to GotG.

This series was well enough written, but for me, the art just didnt mesh. It was dynamic, and would work for some stories, but didn't seem to fit well, imo, here.
    I agree the next best thing for Rich is GotG where he is running and rebuilding the Corp.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure why I should support Nova any more after complete mess that was transition from Thanos Imperative to new Nova ongoing with Sam. Certain Marvel editor (and bunch of Marvel apologists) made it abundantly clear that I was an idiot for liking Rich, that they don't need my money and that I'll like Sam just as well because he is better character and I don't know what I like or want. Some new series where Sam and Rich are together while it is still made clear that Marvel wants to focus on Sam won't suddenly wash that away.

But hey, lets continue complaining about people like us and not Marvel's idiotic handling of Nova's franchise.
    YES. This. Characters with lower sales have had books, but hey let's stick the ORIGINAL character with the new (relatively) guy and force him into a mentor role. Rich should have had his own book, period. Spider-Man gets several, but leave a character around since the 70's out of the MU.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Rich has been my favorite character/hero since my teens. I was not too happy with how they were writing Sam, but I purchased and read every issue. I was hoping Marvel would have a book with both heroes, which, I thought, would unite the two fan bases. When they did, I was ecstatic. I thought the reader numbers would increase. How could they not?

I am very disappointed in readers. Readers will continue to read stories from writers who do not know the characters and who write them like jokes. But we will not read stories from unknown creators who know the characters. I know what we deem good is subjective, but my goodness. Bendis!!! Really??? Marvel published way too many titles, and dilute the readership. I knew when I saw all of the other new titles coming out with Nova, many of them would not last. I was hoping Nova would. Kingpin??? Doom as Ironman? RiRi as Ironman, America, Black Panther and Crew, Dr. Strange and Sorcerers Supreme (and I like Dr. Strange, but my goodness), Occupy Avengers, Slapstick, Foolkiller, Gwenpool, etc, etc.

It was too much. This is why Marvel, which was my favorite comic company since I was a child, is the comic company lowest on my enjoyment list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    A Nova series that Rich and Sam fans could both enjoy. Great writing. Great art. The perfect balance. I just don't get how this didn't have the numbers. Rich fans got Rich back and Sam fans got to keep Sam. Everyone wins! What could have...

Oh... right. This is why we can't have nice things.
    I think the problem is the same problem marvel has been having for a while now. Nova, as good as it was, didn't make it because the market's been flooded and most of the new books aren't good. Some titles aren't given a chance to find their footing. Factor in the events and high prices, it doesn't surprise me that some people throw their hands up in the air and quit. I'd hate to be a new fan now, a book you like can be cut right from under you.

As a fan of both Sam and Richie, I hope they'll get to shine on somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I could totally go for that, keel the solos out of it for a while at least.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm a fan of BOTH characters. This is sad, because I was enjoying the book. I didn't care for Rich having the cancerverse inside of him, but felt like if the book could have kept going, there could have been a better resolution and Rich could be back to his pre-cancerverse form.

If I was Marvel, I would give the solo books a break, keep Sam in the Champions, let Rich do cosmic stuff in other books and maybe next year or the year after, give them their solo books, separate from each other.

That way, the fans can buy whichever book they are a fan of.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

3 Books:
    Nova: About Rich, and Sam.
    Super Nova: About Sam going from personal stories to trying to find his dad.
    Nova Corps: After a story arc in Nova reintroducing the Corps, it is about Rich leading them along side his brother.

Dammit. Oh well, maybe they can use Rich on some form of Avengers team, or better yet, a new Annihilators.

In the meantime, I'm going to read Nova fanfiction (go ahead and laugh, it's understandable). However, those of us who love Rich and care about who he is as a character, have written stories about him with a true appreciation for his continuity. I've read a bunch of stories online that are so much more legitimate than anything Marvel has done for him since the Thanos Imperative.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    DC gave each of the four Earth Green Lanterns their own titles during New 52 (Hal for Green Lantern, John for Green Lantern Corps, Kyle for New Guardians and eventually Guy for Red Lanterns), and three of those got axed after four years because of low sales. Okay, two got axed (New Guardians and Red Lanterns) with one being retooled into two successive mini-series (GLC, with Guy rejoining the Greens) while Kyle went off into The Omega Men. There was even a fifth Lantern title focusing on Sinestro and his Corps that started in 2014, however that also got low sales despite great reviews (much like Omega Men actually). My point is that this showed there weren't enough fans of individual headlining characters to keep all the titles viable, and that by spreading them across four or five titles it just wasn't affordable for enough people to show their support for all or some of the titles. Of course with all four of the leads in the one book has people complaining that their favorite character isn't getting enough attention, so where were they with their dollars when their favorite character did have their own book?

To apply this to Nova, if Rich and Sam weren't popular enough together (and I think they're great sharing the lead role in the same book) to keep the title afloat for more than just over half a year, then having individual titles for each of them won't work either. From what I've seen, the sales figures for the previous, post-Secret Wars, run weren't very impressive and that had been with Sam headlining the title for several years at that point.
    The issue with Green Lantern is too many lovers of Hal overpowering everything and the rest are forever stuck in his shadow. With one John Stewart suffering the most with writers who don't care for him or getting stuck with background duty.
    That franchise can support multiple books. The book without Hal outperforms his. Many folks would rather a GLC book without him. Love for him holds that franchise hostage.

Fans will show you the money when they can TRUST you. For 10 years John fans endured abuse and trashing of John Stewart. The final straw was two new lanterns get Hal's book and Justice League spot to NO COMPLAINTS. The artist for Hal & GLC told John fans it was HAL'S book. Despite the writer trying to say it's not true and actually proving it-that entire John Stewart fanbase QUIT.

Thus the under performing sales of Hal & GLC.

There is no reason Sam nor Rich can have their own books. Since it was never going to work with both in the book because there is way too much bad blood between the fans much like you have with Blue Beetle.

Rich should have had a mini to show his return and Sam have one to find his Dad.

Clear that out of the way. Do another mini where they rebuild the Nova Corps.

And then try a book with both.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue with Green Lantern is too many lovers of Hal overpowering everything and the rest are forever stuck in his shadow. With one John Stewart suffering the most with writers who don't care for him or getting stuck with background duty.
    That franchise can support multiple books. The book without Hal outperforms his. Many folks would rather a GLC book without him. Love for him holds that franchise hostage.

Fans will show you the money when they can TRUST you. For 10 years John fans endured abuse and trashing of John Stewart. The final straw was two new lanterns get Hal's book and Justice League spot to NO COMPLAINTS. The artist for Hal & GLC told John fans it was HAL'S book. Despite the writer trying to say it's not true and actually proving it-that entire John Stewart fanbase QUIT.

Thus the under performing sales of Hal & GLC.

There is no reason Sam nor Rich can have their own books. Since it was never going to work with both in the book because there is way too much bad blood between the fans much like you have with Blue Beetle.

Rich should have had a mini to show his return and Sam have one to find his Dad.

Clear that out of the way. Do another mini where they rebuild the Nova Corps.

And then try a book with both.
    Yes 3 books, or have the writers say "If this book can last a year, then we will give each their own book as well". I can see people buying 2 copies just to play it safe.