Page 66 of 139 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Last edited by Trevel8182; 11-06-2014 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    -Not a single Blueblazes!
    -Really inconclusive ending
    -Ryder? He's doing this on purpose now!
    -What was up with that Gamora nonsense! Rider should be thinking about his family! Not his ex-girlfriend!
    -Damn fine hair!
    -At least Bendis knows that Riders powers don't come from his helmet.
    -Rocket Raccoon is a Dick!
    -I much prefer Schiti to McGinnis!
    -The biggest question was left unanswered? Why is Peter Quill blonde!?
    -For all the terrible mischaracterization Bendis did in this arc, I appreciate that he understood that Rider will never sacrifice anyone for the greater good except for himself, he will always be the first to jump on the grenade.

To me the best way Bendis could of honored Richards Legacy, would be having Star-Lord give the Rider family Richards Helmet(the Nova Corps version of a Dog Tag) To me that would of been a very melancholy, meaningful, and somber end note to his journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    WHat is problematic is that the last couple years worth of stories just become clunkier. Star-Lord's motivation(s) and behavior seem like they would have been effected more by this incident. It really takes away from the believability of some of his actions since he's been back (that assembled arc is still an utter nonsensical mess) , like pining for ole kitty while in the sack. He really should have been a bit more haunted by this. it actually really paints him as a not so decent dude.. aside from helping orphans and all.But why did he have that feud with Thanos?

Next it does nothing to clear up whats been done in Nova...and that book is a real mess now worse than ever. That book seems like it does not want to answer one single question...I was kinda hoping a bone would have been tossed to clear up the Nova Corps or Robbie Rider. Why wouldn't Quill have gone looking for him and honored his bro?

Why wouldn't Thanos Freak out about Sam? Why hasn't Star Lord approached Sam Alexander? Why wouldn't Gamora and Rocket have had a ton of questions for SAM?

So basically, its cleared not much up and made some other stuff even MORE awkward.

it doesn't 'Perma death' Rich...but when after three or four years , when marvel reveals that the cube basically became the Alexander family....it will in fact make Rich permanently dead. That's the goal IMO..

Here's hoping something clears up within this mess when it comes to the events of Secret Wars.

BANNED

Relax guys we have Sam Alexander still after all to cheer us up!

Kinda sucks for us Nova fans that we have to wait, and wait some more, and wait even longer for Richard Rider to pop back up alive and save the universe again.

As a fan, the latest stories make me both hopeful and depressed... I feel a lot like this:

He's not gone yet... but better luck with the next story, Marvel. We're in dire need of someone who really loves this character to write him again.

I just hope I don't have to wait decades for it to happen, like I did with The Flash (and the next Flash was Wally, and Sam is NO Wally West).

Astonishing Member

Relax guys we have Sam Alexander still after all to cheer us up!
    .......And speaking of Sam; he's appearing within these Preview Pages for AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #5

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .......And speaking of Sam; he's appearing within these Preview Pages for AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #5
    Indeed, and with an actual mention of Richard Rider, I guess the gag order has been lifted...although Spidey does joke about his name.

I wonder if there's any chance we'll see Rich show up in some form amongst the other realities fighting it out in Secret War.

Really a turd move if he's replaced by the Alexander's throughout the entire Marvel Multi-verse.

Don't ever let Peter Parker be you're friend! He'll make dick jokes at your funeral.

Better man then you Parker.......He didn't make deals with the devil and he didn't need a dead uncle to realize you should be responsible with your gifts and use them to help others.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 11-06-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Always like to spend a mo looking at the next Nova classic moments Trevel8182 posts in this great thread! Doing a fine job reminding many what is very much sadly missed but can come around again one day as long as the Nova brigade holds it together!

Just want to thank any posters here at CBR who took their time to visit NPP and NMB to participate in the 2 ongoing polls regarding the future of both sites related to the Novaverse. We've tallied over 300 counts so far on the NPP poll- the highest level done on any poll ever ran. Both Polls will run for a few more weeks - at least to the end of this month so if you still haven't participated please do visit - every vote counts! Cheers!