Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2081
    Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Loved it. Both Sam and RIch have their issues of being...well them but they are a joy to watch and connect to others. Though I am still bummed that the previous girl Sam took a liking to has been erased from existence.
    Yeah, I liked that young woman myself. But, I , too, am enjoying Nova. I wish more fans would jump on, but I think some are still waiting for it to fail. I am happy as long as Richard is back. I know that others are happy that Sam is still here. I am happy that both parties have something to be happy about.

I think Marvel has saturated the market with so much that we readers have too much to choose from. And we cannot choose it all. I buy a lot of comics, but I cannot buy them all. But Nova is number one on my list. I drive one our to my comic shop. I pick up my comics the day Nova arrives.

Astonishing Member

Like the others here, I really enjoyed the dichotomy of both Nova's dates. Sam finding himself with Lina and Richard re-finding himself with Gamora.

Lina does seem to have her head on straight, so that's always a good thing. Unfortunate for the girls past, but not a bad mark on her.

It also tickles me to see them talk about Sam needing to get his license, what with the whole "Teens Are Short" thing that goes on with Sam. If Sam can get his license, that means he's at least 16 now. That makes sense from a chronological perspective (with the timeskips from Secret Wars and stuff), but he still looks and is drawn like he's 13 or 14. You can tell it's not because Sam is necessarily destined to be short, since all of the adults are always taller than all of the kids, even Lima and Sam's friend from the first issue.

Once more, a fantastic breather issue that was used to develop the more personal sides of our Novas beyond their cosmic selves. Now that wait for April will be tough, especially with that cover being the only thing to keep us company. ::shudder::
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-10-2017 at 11:43 AM.

This book continues to be one of the best duo book on the stands (second after All new wolverine obviously)

Astonishing Member

Looks like Richard Rider (and some of his allies from GoTG) will be involved within the SECRET EMPIRE Event; via the Cover for SECRET EMPIRE #3....!!

Picked up the first two issues, I really liked it. Hope this book sticks around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Looks like Richard Rider (and some of his allies from GoTG) will be involved within the SECRET EMPIRE Event; via the Cover for SECRET EMPIRE #3....!!
    I saw Sam on the cover, but no Richie.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Yeah, it was Sam, Carol and Groot vs Chitauri.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it was Sam, Carol and Groot vs Chitauri.
    Sorry about that.......the costume did threw me off-guard...!!

.....Still since Sam was a member of the NW; it sort of counts.

This is the Nova thread anyway, not the New Warriors one, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is the Nova thread anyway, not the New Warriors one, lol.
    Welll......I didn't want to be thatobvious......!!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Nova # 4 seems to be selling well digitally.

Fantastic Member

I've decided what i want to see in the new series and that is for Rich to but heads with Captain Marvel over jsut who really is the Boss of Space as she likes to say.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    One thing this run really nails is character and how they interact. Sam's sister walking in on him while he's preening for his date is funny, yet so realistic. All titles, Marvel and DC, should do a date night or a night off issue to explore the characters when they aren't up against a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Awesome Thanks for the info Negative Zone!!!

Am really enjoying this series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Endeavor to persevere.

Sam will apparently play a big part in the second season of the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon.

I'm just going to hope he's completely revamped and shares little in common with the version of the character from Ultimate Spider-Man.