Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I bet Quill is just in the middle of some serious Roid Rage.
    Right, my theory is he went through a midlife crisis while in the cancerverse. He hit the weights, dyed his hair & wouldn't be surprised if he's got a sports car stashed away somewhere on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of All Nerds View Post
    Right, my theory is he went through a midlife crisis while in the cancerverse. He hit the weights, dyed his hair & wouldn't be surprised if he's got a sports car stashed away somewhere on the ship.
    Perfect!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    I am guessing that is Shuma behind them. Maybe Richard is dead having gave the last of his energy to save Pete and Pete is clutching Rich's dead body.
    I don't wanna speculate too much but my first impression was Quill's doing a "DON'T YOU DIE ON ME, YOU BASTARD!" type of deal.

I don't wanna speculate too much but my first impression was Quill's doing a "DON'T YOU DIE ON ME, YOU BASTARD!" type of deal.
    Interesting interpretation! I would hope Rider at least's gets the chance to finally go Supernova, if he's going to die. I would think with the entirety of the Nova Force and the Cosmic Cube Rider and Quill could defeat Thanos, Shuma, and any one else or at least open a worm hole and escape.

I am guessing that is Shuma behind them. Maybe Richard is dead having gave the last of his energy to save Pete and Pete is clutching Rich's dead body.
    Rider had the entirety of the Nova Force(Which makes me wonder if he could go crazy like Saal?) and can absorb energy, so I don't think it could be that. But yeah Shuma is defiantly showing up. I wonder if Quill has Rider's helmet? Hopefully if he's not evil we can see him giving the helmet to Charles and Gloria or if he is evil, maybe have Rider retrieving it Magneto style or Thor stlye and just raising his hand up into the sky light years away and it coming to him.

If Death ever comes your way.
    Just realized the star burst is stylized like Sams helmet with it wrapped around. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Cbr-UltimateMarvelVSCapcom3IntroducingNova677.jpg

Just realized the star burst is stylized like Sams helmet with it wrapped around. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Cbr-UltimateMarvelVSCapcom3IntroducingNova677.jpg
    I see it too and I don't like it. It's to Anime looking and too big! But this is McGinnis art so everything is huge. I hope he remembers the streaks down the pants.

BANNED

Interesting interpretation! I would hope Rider at least's gets the chance to finally go Supernova, if he's going to die. I would think with the entirety of the Nova Force and the Cosmic Cube Rider and Quill could defeat Thanos, Shuma, and any one else or at least open a worm hole and escape.
    If he's going out it's definitely gonna be heroic but nobody dies forever in comics. I don't think this is the end for Richie. I suspect Sam will have something to do with his return. Somebody's gotta restart the corps & it can't be a 15 year old kid...can it?

For Rider, being shown potentially dead on the cover is usually a good thing?

At any rate, this is an original sin...so my guess is something goes sketchy.

If he's going out it's definitely gonna be heroic but nobody dies forever in comics. I don't think this is the end for Richie. I suspect Sam will have something to do with his return. Somebody's gotta restart the corps & it can't be a 15 year old kid...can it?
    Restart the Corps?

Yeah, that's how I felt about it.
    LOVE that Star Lord costume BTW! That's THE Star Lord as far as I'm concerned, nothing else comes close.

Anyway, Rich looks SPENT on that cover.
    Never was sure if they could really die in the Cancerverse anymore (might also explain Drax's return). Death seemed to just pass through and went on her merry way again after killing Mar-Vell, so it could be that they were locked in constant combat (maybe teamed with Thanos after he calmed down) against the many angled ones and any other leftover "Revengers".
    If so, that's rather hellish and considering they were in a universe where the rules are different Worldmind might have become all glitchy and messed up Rich some how.

Hmmm, maybe a glitched Worldmind abandoned Rich and jumped to a stronger host in Thanos?
    That might also explain the Nova Prime-ish Thanos costume he's been sporting as of late and he did seem to posses a collection of Nova Helmets in the NuNova series' Infinity tie in. If Thanos has access to a crazed Worldmind he would have been able to find and wipe out any of the other Corpsmen left in the 616.
    So a de-powered Rich could have been left behind as Thanos, Quill, and Drax were pulled back into the 616.
    The flashback image we saw of Rich via Quill's POV back in GotG issue #5 (I think) showed Rich reaching out to us and looking pretty panicked. Thanos running off with the power of the Nova Force would qualify as something that could panic Rich... also he was getting locked up in a universe where you can get tentacle raped every hour on the hour.

Man, that would have been a really dark fate for Rich, how the heck can Quill be all carefree and chipper again after something THAT messed up?
    Thoughts of out of character mutant girls and his mean old daddy keep him up at night, not the horrible fate that befell his best friend.

It adds up, and then it doesn't add up. >_<
    Last edited by Superkreep; 05-29-2014 at 09:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    how the heck can Quill be all carefree and chipper again after something THAT messed up?
    Thoughts of out of character mutant girls and his mean old daddy keep him up at night, not the horrible fate that befell his best friend.
    Everyone deals with loss and grief differently.

When my brothers best friend died he didn't even seem to be effected by it.
    You mention his friend and he would get a bit quiet... but that was it.
    A few years later and one day he just broke down.

It happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Uh. Yeah, I've seen that.
    He had me going there for a moment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Yeah, that's how I felt about it.
    LOVE that Star Lord costume BTW! That's THE Star Lord as far as I'm concerned, nothing else comes close.

Anyway, Rich looks SPENT on that cover.
    Never was sure if they could really die in the Cancerverse anymore (might also explain Drax's return). Death seemed to just pass through and went on her merry way again after killing Mar-Vell, so it could be that they were locked in constant combat (maybe teamed with Thanos after he calmed down) against the many angled ones and any other leftover "Revengers".
    If so, that's rather hellish and considering they were in a universe where the rules are different Worldmind might have become all glitchy and messed up Rich some how.

Hmmm, maybe a glitched Worldmind abandoned Rich and jumped to a stronger host in Thanos?
    That might also explain the Nova Prime-ish Thanos costume he's been sporting as of late and he did seem to posses a collection of Nova Helmets in the NuNova series' Infinity tie in. If Thanos has access to a crazed Worldmind he would have been able to find and wipe out any of the other Corpsmen left in the 616.
    So a de-powered Rich could have been left behind as Thanos, Quill, and Drax were pulled back into the 616.
    The flashback image we saw of Rich via Quill's POV back in GotG issue #5 (I think) showed Rich reaching out to us and looking pretty panicked. Thanos running off with the power of the Nova Force would qualify as something that could panic Rich... also he was getting locked up in a universe where you can get tentacle raped every hour on the hour.

Man, that would have been a really dark fate for Rich, how the heck can Quill be all carefree and chipper again after something THAT messed up?

It adds up, and then it doesn't add up. >_<
    Didn't Peter go back into the Cancerverse with Gamora and Drax in Avengers Assemble which at the most by judging from his outfit he'd have only of been back for a few days maybe a week and they didn't say ****.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 05-29-2014 at 09:59 AM.