Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

I didnt even finish that arc as it was rumored to be out of continuity..but i guess it wasnt.

Hate to piss but finding out rich is dead and gone after several years is just a bummer. Showing rich does NOTHING to help marvel. If anything it would make Quills behavior since mindbafflingly dulled..and it does nothing to edify Sam Alexander, as in over 3 years there is hardly a whisper of his sacrifice..

If the whole thing was as simple as that ..its even worse execution and writing than i imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Rider had the entirety of the Nova Force(Which makes me wonder if he could go crazy like Saal?) and can absorb energy, so I don't think it could be that. But yeah Shuma is defiantly showing up. I wonder if Quill has Rider's helmet? Hopefully if he's not evil we can see him giving the helmet to Charles and Gloria or if he is evil, maybe have Rider retrieving it Magneto style or Thor stlye and just raising his hand up into the sky light years away and it coming to him.
    Well we know the whole nova force was not in Rich because some nova force was contained in black nova corps helmets..and jugdging from what sam is capable of it is significant power.

It almost seems like whatevet nova force powers sam is seperate..no real mention of the living computers database or worldmind ( although high evolutionary seemed to think sams helm had a worldmind)

World mind ..did it even go into the fault w rich? Namoriya said it was rebooting.

We did get some DnA explanation that Worldmind protected rich from going crazy w full nova force..i forgot it...but he also was dying without the nova force. I dont recall if that was fully dealt with.

We also saw Rich when time was broken. Bendis wrote both.

I still insist Rich ends up getting time flung out of this deal and ends up being jesse.

Seeing how the force seems tied to the helm now may explain why it could be a time flung version that doesnt harm the body.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 05-29-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Everyone deals with loss and grief differently.

When my brothers best friend died he didn't even seem to be effected by it.
    You mention his friend and he would get a bit quiet... but that was it.
    A few years later and one day he just broke down.

It happens.
    Good point.

sorry its no excuse for that lousy gamora/quill scene....no dang way thats how that conversation would play out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    sorry its no excuse for that lousy gamora/quill scene....no dang way thats how that conversation would play out
    But it did play out like that.
    You just didn't care for it.

Also, a good point... he would owe HER a solid explanation more than anyone and he sidestepped her big-time.
    Although you wonder where She and Rich were by the time Imperative happened.
    Rich looked like he was getting back with Namorita and Gamora was teaming herself with Adam a lot more often... she went all kinds of crazy when Martyr had apparently "killed" him during the Realm of Kings Arc.

Still there was no official "break up" between Rich and Gam...not that Peter had time for those sort of details back then, he was busy actually guarding the galaxy in those days.

Spectacular Member

To provide and answer for someone's reply a few spots back, the Nova Force wasn't killing Rich. DnA explained that when Rich was stripped of the Nova Force fully back when Worldmind was corrupted, scientists discovered he was dying. Due to having the full force for so long his body had changed in an irreparable way. While Rich didn't have to have the full force at all times he did have to have some at all times or risk dying.

This was the arc where the energy form of Quasar gave him the Quantum bands which allowed him to live without the Nova Force for a bit longer before he became Nova Prime again. While Sam is probably a decent Nova (though I don't read the book), the universe still needs The Nova Prime as Rich is more than just a Nova Prime.

A lot of Awesome new Nova shirts avaliable at we love fine!
    http://www.welovefine.com/38-marvel

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    To provide and answer for someone's reply a few spots back, the Nova Force wasn't killing Rich. DnA explained that when Rich was stripped of the Nova Force fully back when Worldmind was corrupted, scientists discovered he was dying. Due to having the full force for so long his body had changed in an irreparable way. While Rich didn't have to have the full force at all times he did have to have some at all times or risk dying.

This was the arc where the energy form of Quasar gave him the Quantum bands which allowed him to live without the Nova Force for a bit longer before he became Nova Prime again. While Sam is probably a decent Nova (though I don't read the book), the universe still needs The Nova Prime as Rich is more than just a Nova Prime.
    ahh..forgot the fine details..its fairly confusing!

Kinda an ironic issue LOL, a lot of people forget those punks at marvel had been softening us for a Nova legacy for so long! (Incidentally i think one of the characters in this story was a black homeless man named....JESSE!)

Kinda an ironic issue LOL, a lot of people forget those punks at marvel had been softening us for a Nova legacy for so long! (Incidentally i think one of the characters in this story was a black homeless man named....JESSE!)
    Jessie? That's hilarious!

Oh 70s Marvel and your unintentional racism.
    I really like that what if because It continues to reinforce one the most endearing quality's of Rich, which is that he was not destined to become Nova and in other realities a lot other people become Nova instead of Rider.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 06-13-2014 at 08:56 PM.