Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2081
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Yep, that was the run that turned some Sam haters into fans if I recall.
    You sure? Cause I thought Nova fans were hating Sam regardless of getting a better writer.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    You sure? Cause I thought Nova fans were hating Sam regardless of getting a better writer.
    Yeah a lot of people still were, but I recall several saying the character improved a lot after Duggan took over.

Sam's back in Avengers next year (he's on the cover of 675). Kamala, Miles, and Amadeus are all involved in No Surrender as well, so who knows what that means for the Champions. January solicits can't come fast enough.

I think I prefer Sam and Rich separated for now. I want to see Rich become his own man/character again, before he interacts anymore with Sam. Don't get me wrong, I understand that they had to share billing in the newest Nova series, but now that the title has been canceled, I think it's a good time to keep them apart.

BANNED

On the subject of Sam Alexander. Did his 2nd run ever conclude the stuff regarding his dad? I know that there was apparently an alien disguised as his dad but I kinda lost interest in the book when DC Rebirth was starting up & CWII reared it's ugly head. If his dad is lost then it really makes me hate Champions all the more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    On the subject of Sam Alexander. Did his 2nd run ever conclude the stuff regarding his dad? I know that there was apparently an alien disguised as his dad but I kinda lost interest in the book when DC Rebirth was starting up & CWII reared it's ugly head. If his dad is lost then it really makes me hate Champions all the more.
    There was the first storyline about the fake Jesse, then came Civil War II. The first, and only, storyline of the recent run was about bringing Rich back. So no, the Jesse Alexander thing was never properly resolved. It's annoying, as the first Sam run tied that up, and then the second run opened it up again. If Jesse had to be written out he could have gone back out into space looking for or bringing back the Nova Corps (maybe even looking for Rich).

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    There was the first storyline about the fake Jesse, then came Civil War II. The first, and only, storyline of the recent run was about bringing Rich back. So no, the Jesse Alexander thing was never properly resolved. It's annoying, as the first Sam run tied that up, and then the second run opened it up again. If Jesse had to be written out he could have gone back out into space looking for or bringing back the Nova Corps (maybe even looking for Rich).
    Maybe it will be solved with the pending Nova Corps/Guardians of the Galaxy story.

Ultimate Member

Been a while since I followed Nova, but I have a question. It seems like they've changed things now that Novas get their powers via their helmets, ala Green Lantern rings. Is that true?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    Maybe it will be solved with the pending Nova Corps/Guardians of the Galaxy story.
    That, once again, depends on whether or not the pending story will feature Sam in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Been a while since I followed Nova, but I have a question. It seems like they've changed things now that Novas get their powers via their helmets, ala Green Lantern rings. Is that true?
    That's always been the case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's always been the case.
    ...no it hasn't.

Nova members and their powers were inherent. Once they got the Nova force, they could fight buck naked with no problem.

So that's a yes, then? Powers are completely dependent on the helmets?

I think the helmets= power is only for the Black Novas and the helmet that the fake Jesse Alexander used.

Also disappointed that Richard Rider isn't joining the Guardians of The Galaxy.

BANNED

Is it confirmed that Nova isn't joining the Guardians of the Galaxy? If not, I wonder where he'll end up. It'd be foolish to have brought him back and then not use him. Maybe we'll see him in a New Warriors or Ultimates book?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Is it confirmed that Nova isn't joining the Guardians of the Galaxy? If not, I wonder where he'll end up. It'd be foolish to have brought him back and then not use him. Maybe we'll see him in a New Warriors or Ultimates book?
    The new member of the Guardians has already spoiled to be someone who isn't Nova. And to be fair, Marvel did use him its just that the book failed.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    While Rich isn't joining the team, he is appearing in the book.