Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

I actually think Helen Taylor Nova is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Jessie? That's hilarious!

Oh 70s Marvel and your unintentional racism.
    I really like that what if because It continues to reinforce one the most endearing quality's of Rich, which is that he was not destined to become Nova and in other realities a lot other people become Nova instead of Rider.
    Which if you think about it sorta negates the whole Rich/Sam arguement - and lets face it this story was written by Marv Wolfman himself - I liked it although out of the 4 I liked the last one best with the non-revealed criminal who wanted to be a uber crimelord - getting his comeuppance from the Sphinx.

Speaking of Classic Nova - a good friend of mine - Rob Shalda - has done a series of commissions for recreations of classic Nova covers - you can see them here at Nova Prime Page - http://www.novaprimepage.com/sketches.asp

--featuring several former Marvel artists inc Chris Marrian who did the Nova Vol.2 run. His version of No.12 with Spiderman is superb. However as an extra dimension Rob is now doing a series of "fantasy covers" with stories that could have occurred in the gaps between issues. One project will be one of the 12 web comic episodes planned for the Nova619 2015 season - can't say much but it will deal with one of Wolfman's danging plot threads from the Vol. 1 run.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Speaking of Classic Nova - a good friend of mine - Rob Shalda - has done a series of commissions for recreations of classic Nova covers - you can see them here at Nova Prime Page - http://www.novaprimepage.com/sketches.asp

--featuring several former Marvel artists inc Chris Marrian who did the Nova Vol.2 run. His version of No.12 with Spiderman is superb. However as an extra dimension Rob is now doing a series of "fantasy covers" with stories that could have occurred in the gaps between issues. One project will be one of the 12 web comic episodes planned for the Nova619 2015 season - can't say much but it will deal with one of Wolfman's danging plot threads from the Vol. 1 run.

Awesome stuff, Love those SHalda covers, LOVe this above Brad Walker sketch SO MUCH, such a great image in these times! Thanks for that link!
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 06-14-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

Awesome stuff, Love those SHalda covers, LOVe this above Brad Walker sketch SO MUCH, such a great image in these times! Thanks for that link!
    I loved that pic as well - although after GOTG 18/19 may see it in a different light! But that's the beauty of fan art- can always capture what we loved. I'll let folks know the title of the Classic Nova ep for 619 Rob and I are doing (Rob did the plot and it'll be a 14 page comic - slated for April 2015) is Night of the Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Which if you think about it sorta negates the whole Rich/Sam arguement - and lets face it this story was written by Marv Wolfman himself - I liked it although out of the 4 I liked the last one best with the non-revealed criminal who wanted to be a uber crimelord - getting his comeuppance from the Sphinx.
    Not really!

Attached Images Attached Images

Prequel to a bromance!

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Man something about the Black Nova Corps helmets just look so good! And supposedly Sam will be rocking a black one soon on Ultimate Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    Man something about the Black Nova Corps helmets just look so good! And supposedly Sam will be rocking a black one soon on Ultimate Spider-Man!
    Speaking of those Black-helmeted people, I said it before, so I quote it here:

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    If you really pay attention to what is being implied in New Warriors#4 (2014) by Christopher Yost, he already gave away a possible massive revelation for Sam Alexander and all the Black Novas (or at least Jesse Alexander). Gerry Duggan and him have been talking (or so they say in Twitter) and probably have prepared more things like that and these news on Namorita. Or at least I get that impression.
    And no, THANOSRULES, it is not about the Worldmind on their helmets (though that was an interesting discussion too ). It is something much, MUCH more personal.

For anyone interested: re-read May's New Warriors issue #4 more closely. Specially the first pages after the flashback in the desert and before the group of Sun Girl/Justice/Speedball/Haechi arrives. AND the pages where the machine is activated (and the one before that).

And maybe that page in #3 where the different breeds of humanity are explained by the HE and look for who appears in each example. And compare it with the New Warriors group that is being formed.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 06-15-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Speaking of those Black-helmeted people, I said it before, so I quote it here:

And no, THANOSRULES, it is not about the Worldmind on their helmets. It is something much, MUCH more personal.

For anyone interested: re-read May's New Warriors issue #4 more closely. Specially the first pages after the flashback in the desert and before the group of Sun Girl/Justice/Speedball/Haechi arrives. AND the pages where the machine is activated (and the one before that).

And maybe that page in #3 where the different breeds of humanity are explained by the HE and look for who appears in each example. And compare it with the New Warriors group that is being formed.
    I took a look at the parts you were talking about. I don't really understand, unless you mean what the Evolutionary was saying and if you think that he powered up the machine unintentionally.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It isn't awfully convenient that A was Y before the machine activated? What would have happened if A was not Y?

Would he have made a stand with B against the HE? But what if he was really half C and still Y? The whole thing was to cover up that fact.

Also, see how the Blue Evolutionary refers to A. And more importantly, the HE's response. And compare that with how the HE treated B later.

A = Sam.
    B = Sun Girl.
    Y = brought down
    C = ?
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 06-15-2014 at 12:47 AM.

It isn't awfully convenient that A was Y before the machine activated? What would have happened if A was not Y?

Would he have made a stand with B against the HE? But what if he was really half C and still Y? The whole thing was to cover up that fact.

Also, see how the Blue Evolutionary refers to A. And more importantly, the HE's response. And compare that with how the HE treated B later.

A = Sam.
    B = Sun Girl.
    Y = brought down
    C = ?
    What do Y and C stand for?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!