Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139
Results 2,071 to 2,081 of 2081

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    curiosity Cameo Namorita classic in Fantastic Four 2
    Why was she in the issue? What was she doing?

Reed summoned every F4 member ever. Namorita had briefly been a member at one point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reed summoned every F4 member ever. Namorita had briefly been a member at one point.
    Thanks - I didn't know she was an ex FF.

Neither did I until she showed up on one of the F4 themed variant covers recently...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Four vol 3 42-50 Carlos Pacheco and Rafael Marin; Johnny Storm fantastic Four

A good call there, Nova replacing GOTG 3. Though I would probably have Rich already established as an older hero instead, with Sam ALSO being used. He'd be the rookie. Avengers 4 is meant to timeskip and have an older Cassie Lang (who would suit up, probably as Stinger), right? Rich could have got his powers before the snap as suggested in the article, but when we meet him a few years have passed. The Corps are destroyed except for Rich and a rogue faction of black Novas. He defeats the black Novas only to find they'd previously visited Earth, and a crewman stayed behind. That crewman is Jesse Alexander, Sam's father. He gets snapped, and Sam finds his helmet, starts fighting crime, Rich hears about it and takes it upon himself to mentor him (substituting for the GOTG who had that role in the comics). Together, they resolve to go into space and reform the Corps.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A good call there, Nova replacing GOTG 3. Though I would probably have Rich already established as an older hero instead, with Sam ALSO being used. He'd be the rookie. Avengers 4 is meant to timeskip and have an older Cassie Lang (who would suit up, probably as Stinger), right? Rich could have got his powers before the snap as suggested in the article, but when we meet him a few years have passed. The Corps are destroyed except for Rich and a rogue faction of black Novas. He defeats the black Novas only to find they'd previously visited Earth, and a crewman stayed behind. That crewman is Jesse Alexander, Sam's father. He gets snapped, and Sam finds his helmet, starts fighting crime, Rich hears about it and takes it upon himself to mentor him (substituting for the GOTG who had that role in the comics). Together, they resolve to go into space and reform the Corps.
    Yeah, I too think it would be better to fold Sam into this, sooner rather than later, for the potential this would bring for both characters.

I think there's potential in a "buddy cop" scenario with a MCU version of Rich and Sam. It's a sub-genre we haven't seen out of Marvel yet (I don't think Ant-Man & Wasp count, since there's no real cop dynamic there), Sam could provide the "audience PoV" character who is new to everything while Rich provides the exposition and explains things.

Thanos' attack on Xanadar could serve as a stand-in for the post-Annihilation wave status quo where the Nova Corps is gone and Rich/Sam are the only ones left. Sam provides another teen hero, as well as a PoC in a starring role (well, co-star). And this also jumps Rich right into his best years with the status quo that DnA built for the cosmic side of Marvel.

Alternatively, we might very well see a fusion of Rich and Sam, much as we saw a fusion of Parker and Miles in Homecoming. The MCU Spidey has Parker's name and face, but a whole lot of his world comes from Miles.

However, I don't want to see Nova replace Guardians of the Galaxy v.3. There's no reason Marvel can't do another GotG and finish off the trilogy. If they don't, it's always going to feel like a loose end (Tony, Steve, and Thor all have trilogies. Ant-Man is likely getting a third film, etc). Gunn might be gone, and Bautista might get himself fired, but there's tons of story avenues and characters a new director could pick up and use. I want Nova (well, mostly Rich) but not at the expense of a solid, enjoyable GotG trilogy. We really can have both.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-15-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think there's potential in a "buddy cop" scenario with a MCU version of Rich and Sam. It's a sub-genre we haven't seen out of Marvel yet (I don't think Ant-Man & Wasp count, since there's no real cop dynamic there), Sam could provide the "audience PoV" character who is new to everything while Rich provides the exposition and explains things.

Thanos' attack on Xanadar could serve as a stand-in for the post-Annihilation wave status quo where the Nova Corps is gone and Rich/Sam are the only ones left. Sam provides another teen hero, as well as a PoC in a starring role (well, co-star). And this also jumps Rich right into his best years with the status quo that DnA built for the cosmic side of Marvel.

Alternatively, we might very well see a fusion of Rich and Sam, much as we saw a fusion of Parker and Miles in Homecoming. The MCU Spidey has Parker's name and face, but a whole lot of his world comes from Miles.
    The former is what I would want in a hypothetical Nova movie. It would press so many of the right buttons for me, and in addition/in general would just make for an excellent dynamic storyline thread(s) to pursue.

I would hate to have them do the latter, though. I wasn't a fan with them co-opting Miles the way they did for Peter in Homecoming, and it would be just as bad, if not arguably more so, for them to co-opt Sam's Nova stories for Richard.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-03-2019 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Fixing old typos.

BANNED

Yes. Agreed.