Page 16 of 139 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

..and if youve read the "What IF?" the Annihilation Wave hit earth there is more of this priceless stuff.

BTW Rich was very close friends with Reed Richards over the years and the FF, but this was abandoned years ago for no reason.

When I see stuff like this, and am reminded of the history of Nova at Marvel, it still saddens me that more has not been done, in my opinion, to keep Richard/Nova active and important in the Marvel Universe. The Marvel heroes from the 1960s are Marvel's mainstays - the great knowns. But I think Nova was the greatest "Marvel" character created in the 1970s. And he disappears for decades at a time (or maybe five year periods, now). He could have been used in Avengers years and years ago. They could have made it work. But it is like, "he is not that important to Marvel history. We can let the character just vanish." No, I am not talking about current Marvel creators/editors. I am talking about even further back.

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    When I see stuff like this, and am reminded of the history of Nova at Marvel, it still saddens me that more has not been done, in my opinion, to keep Richard/Nova active and important in the Marvel Universe. The Marvel heroes from the 1960s are Marvel's mainstays - the great knowns. But I think Nova was the greatest "Marvel" character created in the 1970s. And he disappears for decades at a time (or maybe five year periods, now). He could have been used in Avengers years and years ago. They could have made it work. But it is like, "he is not that important to Marvel history. We can let the character just vanish." No, I am not talking about current Marvel creators/editors. I am talking about even further back.
    I always wondered if this had something to do with Wolfman.

I was thinking about Firestorm Ronnie Raymond the other day, who has some strong parallels with Rider.

DC actually did somewhat right by Firestorm , at least compared with Rider. They promo'd Firestorm a lot...especially in the early 80s when they put him in toys and Cartoons, and let him join the JLA and Super powers stuff, he had somewhat of a decent role on Crisis on Infinite Earths if memory serves me right? (I know Firestorms 1st series was canceled, but it was more to do with DC troubles)

Personally when DC bailed on Raymond, fans didnt have as much to gripe about...he basically had his shot..while is till liked Raymond and was glad to see him pop back up, (Raymond was axed 2 times actually) he at least was axed for a semblance of logic.

In some ways, i think what marvel is doing is actually "Right" with Sam Alexander...create something, then support it with promo...thats a sound strategy. it just makes it frustrating when they did not do this for Richie.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

I can't wait for the OS tie ins! I really hope questions are answered. Not only about Sam and Jesse and the Black Nova Corps, but also the GOTG tie ins for Rich. First time in a long time the tie ins of an event have me super excited.

I really hope it becomes a set up for future stories and not a "Star Lord's original sin is he *&^% over Rich and now hes gone forever" kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Can't wait. Looks perfect except for Rocket's lack of an accent.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Why would Rocket have an accent? You don't mean the Australian thing do you? That was just what the games and cartoons did. I think he sounds better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Why would Rocket have an accent? You don't mean the Australian thing do you? That was just what the games and cartoons did. I think he sounds better this way.
    He's always had an accent in the comics.

First appearance:

Oh I know, but that accent was never again used after that. In the Rocket Raccoon mini-series it was gone and he was more or less the same as he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Oh I know, but that accent was never again used after that. In the Rocket Raccoon mini-series it was gone and he was more or less the same as he is now.
    Well, after the first comic you can't really tell. I think he kept the accent, just not so much of the British expressions exhibited above. I think DNA meant for him to have an accent as well, as they orchestrated the episode of EMH in which he appeared. And since Mantlo created him that way, I think it should stay around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    That was BAD ASS!!!!

BANNED

NOVA #21
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by JG JONES
    • Spinning right out of the events of ORIGINAL SIN, Sam has new information about his dad-- both newly revealed and troubling secrets and his whereabouts!
    • It’s up to Sam to find his former-Nova father halfway across the universe and either give him salvation or justice!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #19
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    AN ORIGINAL SIN TIE-IN!
    • Last we checked, Star-Lord, Thanos, and Nova were trapped in the Cancerverse…
    • But Star-Lord and Thanos seem to be running around just fine.
    • So what exactly happened to Richard Rider?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    NOVA #21
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by JG JONES
    • Spinning right out of the events of ORIGINAL SIN, Sam has new information about his dad-- both newly revealed and troubling secrets and his whereabouts!
    • It’s up to Sam to find his former-Nova father halfway across the universe and either give him salvation or justice!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #19
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    AN ORIGINAL SIN TIE-IN!
    • Last we checked, Star-Lord, Thanos, and Nova were trapped in the Cancerverse…
    • But Star-Lord and Thanos seem to be running around just fine.
    • So what exactly happened to Richard Rider?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Thanks for posting those for me Al! I miss McGinnis on the Nova Covers!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, after the first comic you can't really tell. I think he kept the accent, just not so much of the British expressions exhibited above. I think DNA meant for him to have an accent as well, as they orchestrated the episode of EMH in which he appeared. And since Mantlo created him that way, I think it should stay around.
    He's also named after a Beetles Song.

NEW WARRIORS #9 & 10
    CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    CoverS by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA
    Issue #9 – SPECIAL ISSUE!
    • It’s the anti-buddy movie as odd couple JUSTICE and SCARLET SPIDER hit the road together, heading for HOUSTON, TEXAS.
    • Scarlet Spider never wanted to be on a team, with… people. And this issue, he shocks no one by QUITTING!
    •Can Justice convince him to stay? No! Can they dude-bond by fighting a hundred foot tall guy in a bear suit? Probably not!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue #10 – “ALWAYS AND FOREVER” PART 1 (of 3)
    • The New Warriors take the fight to the High Evolutionary! For the fate of all things not human, the war is on!
    • But wait! Who is behind the High Evolutionary’s plans? Can anyone trust the Evolutionaries?
    • The biggest arc in the All-New New Warriors begins here, and not everyone will survive it.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99