Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I was more talking about how he's wearing it than really how it looks guys.

Look at his nose. Or he's wearing it wrong or the darn thing is too big for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post

Look at his nose. Or he's wearing it wrong or the darn thing is too big for him.
    I doubt it's a fitted helmet.
    They just hired a guy to work the con display.
    Philly a one size fits all deal.

I'm not sure if there's another thread about Rider, or if it was posted in the old forum, but I think this may be of interest to many of you.

Q: Are we ever going to find out how Peter Quill got out of the Cancerverse after being trapped there with Thanos and Richard Rider? Also, where even is Richard?
    Bendis: you will find out in guardians of the galaxy issue 18… our Original Sin tie-in.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-quill-got-out

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    I'm not sure if there's another thread about Rider, or if it was posted in the old forum, but I think this may be of interest to many of you.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-quill-got-out
    Yeah not long now. Question is are we going to like the answer? Few theories tossed into the ether about the outcome - some of which are:

a) Thanos absorbed Rider and the Nova Force - as some eagle-eyed readers noted similarities in Thanos' adapted design during Infinity - and that's how he got out of the Cancerverse - with Quill letting the Mad Titan do hence the inner guilt trip Quill has or:
    b) A wild theory is that Jessie Alexander is Rich Rider - well an older Rich further down his personal timeline - displaced when he found a way out of the Cancerverse.

Of course whatever revelation comes up - I hope for a change we get a plausible answer for things such as how the Black Novas's were formed (which covers Nova 18/19) and how the Nova Force is supposed to be defunct along with the Worldmind - unless of course C) Rich is really the one doing all the chit-chat in Sam's helmet ----then again remember Cyclops/Phoenix did mention Sam wasn't from the reg 616 Universe -so er --hmmmm lets see what we get eh -then we can all have a good old chat about how we like/dislike it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post

Yeah you'd think Nova Corps ordinance department would ensure one size fits all! Only thing I dislike about the design of the Nova Coprs uniform is the lack of extra gold on the helmets - overall its a practical design.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Yeah you'd think Nova Corps ordinance department would ensure one size fits all! Only thing I dislike about the design of the Nova Coprs uniform is the lack of extra gold on the helmets - overall its a practical design.
    I actually like the idea of Rich being the only gold helmeted Nova. What I don't like is Rich being the only actual Nova. I mean can these guys even fly? Why does there technology look less advanced then Tony Stark? These guys look like Stormtrooper cannon fodder and not the Spartans, army of Iron Men, super soldiers they are suppose to be.

Last edited by Trevel8182; 05-05-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/5..._of_the_galaxy

What hints were dropped in issue 5? I don't remember there being any

10322725_764203530279007_953540848454237234_n.jpg

Well will have to backtrack - but gotta say Ed McGuinness draws a great Nova Prime. I just hope this isn't the last time we ever see the true original. Ed by the way is drawing the interiors for GOTG 18 as well -so hence the first time colab with Bendis.
    Last edited by nova3333; 05-05-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Well will have to backtrack - but gotta say Ed McGuinness draws a great Nova Prime. I just hope this isn't the last time we ever see the true original. Ed by the way is drawing the interiors for GOTG 18 as well -so hence the first time colab with Bendis.
    That is one BAD ASS Richard Rider!

The last clue about Rich we saw was in GotG #5 I beleive, we see images of things to come hitting Pete all at once due to the Age of Ultron time shenanigans. We see the Jean Grey Trial thing and Cpt. Marvel, etc., and you also see Richard Rider kind of reaching out to us and looking pretty danm panicked.

However, Thanos is looking mighty smug and proud of Rich on this new cover.
    Could Rich have gone all dark after being in the Cancerverse so long? It might have driven him mad.
    Maybe he ends up so out of his mind and even helped Thanos out of the Cancerverse, perhaps Pete isn't talking about it in order to salvage Rich's reputation as a hero. If so, Yikes! I would NOT like that as a fitting end to Rich.

When I talked about Thanos possibly merging with Rich in some way back in the old thread, I mentioned the similarity to Thanos' new costume to Rich's Nova Prime look and that if Pete (and Drax) know about this merge then it would explain why they haven't been as gun ho' to kill Thanos at present as they should be. Because, killing Thanos would mean killing Rich. Pete and Thanos DID have a confrontation in that same issue that we never saw to conclusion, Pete clearly has SOME way of tracking down Thanos easily that nobody else has, it could be related. I'm thinking As of now they are looking to find some way of separating the two of them and perhaps that's a side-mission Drax and Pete are quietly working on that they don't want the other team members knowing about.

Of course, they could have simply abandoned Rich in the Cancerverse in which case screw everybody for not even TRYING to find him when they were there during The Avengers: Assemble arc.

RISE MOTHER$#@!%& RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the Nova Force is blue! but McGinnes did forget the yellow strip down the pants.

Can we just give Sam a Nova Jr title and reserve Nova for the big boys?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I second this because I mean the kid just stumbles into the Nova world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Or we could not start a "Muh true Nova" thing and just enjoy the Nova concept as a whole.

what a great cover! my 2 favorites...hopefully its a great story..

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Or we could not start a "Muh true Nova" thing and just enjoy the Nova concept as a whole.
    The problem with that is that I like the character Richard Rider. I would read a book were Rich was not a Nova.