Page 38 of 139 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    It’s going to help ALL marvel cosmic.and that’s a great result! Guys like Quasar, Starfox , Adam Warlock.. people are going to check out old/new Starlin stuff and realize how great it is…and on and on.
    You had me until Starfox...

Scratch that part about Rider not having some sort of shout out in Guardians!

"I'm an asshole, but I'm not 100% a dick.
    -Rhomann Dey

Do you believe him?
    -Irani Rael

“Well, I don't think ANYONE is %100 dick”
    -Rhomann Dey

tumblr_inline_mwmsmoIM8Y1ss59b4.jpg

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Scratch that part about Rider not having some sort of shout out in Guardians!

"I'm an asshole, but I'm not 100% a dick.
    -Rhomann Dey

Do you believe him?
    -Irani Rael

“Well, I don't think ANYONE is %100 dick”
    -Rhomann Dey

tumblr_inline_mwmsmoIM8Y1ss59b4.jpg
    Trev, I know you love Richard Rider, so I am going to let this blasphemy slide.
    Last edited by Speedball; 08-05-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Question for the group:

I was reading Nova #20 today (post annihilation run). It's the issue where Rich meets up with Justice and Firestar and they reminisce about the good old days as teens in the New Warriors. The issue shows the newly deputized Robbie Rider (Rich's little brother) flying around on his first mission as a Nova corps member. While reading, I noticed that Robbie seemed to have all his fingers in tact. Is my memory off? Because I remember something about one of Robbie's fingers being cut off in the pages of New Warriors when a group of villains was coming after all the Warriors families. It was the same arc where Rage's granny was killed. Did the Nova team make a mistake here?

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Question for the group:

I was reading Nova #20 today (post annihilation run). It's the issue where Rich meets up with Justice and Firestar and they reminisce about the good old days as teens in the New Warriors. The issue shows the newly deputized Robbie Rider (Rich's little brother) flying around on his first mission as a Nova corps member. While reading, I noticed that Robbie seemed to have all his fingers in tact. Is my memory off? Because I remember something about one of Robbie's fingers being cut off in the pages of New Warriors when a group of villains was coming after all the Warriors families. It was the same arc where Rage's granny was killed. Did the Nova team make a mistake here?
    I think they just discounted some of the stuff that came before. One of the biggest "let it slide moments" was how the other Centurions acted as if Richard was an amateur. Well, none of them existed until Richard gave the Nova Force to Xandar, which not only rebooted Xandar, but led to the formation of the Star Corps.

Xandar should have had statues erected to Richard for rebooting not only the planet but the Corps. But instead, he was just an Earther who no one knew or respected.

Same thing happened with Wendell Vaghn. In the Annhilators mini they made him the focus character but in doing so they made him question himself and be awed by the other members which was really irritating to me since Ive read his 90's ongoing and Quasar was a complete baddass by the end of it.

Okay. So I thought of three potential actors for Richard Rider. Let me know what you think.

Matt Lanter

Jake Abel

Sam Clafin
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Okay. So I thought of three potential actors for Richard Rider. Let me know what you think.

Matt Lanter

Jake Abel

Sam Clafin
    Judging purely on appearance, because I've never seen any of these guys act, I think I would choose the middle one, Jake Abel. But I think Rider needs a slightly more square jaw.

Ansel Elgort is still my pick!

Hell, he's even wearing Riders jacket in this clip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Whats an interesting question is how do they pitch a Nova character and if Rich, what kind of character do we get.

1. They do Rich already as an experienced Centurion.. IE, something like at the start of Annihilation (although DnA did have him as grossly disrespected and might as well have been a rookie)

2. Origin story....but then one has to beg the question...why not use Sam? He will be the greenstick reflected in the comics.. but something to seriously consider if they want to go the route of rookie. (btw keep in mind Sam is 15, not sure how that could play out on the big screen or go down with fans...Rider was 17-18 when he got his powers and clearly depicted as a "man" - called Nova), but honestly IF Rider is set back to greenstick rookie for the MCU where does /will that leave Sam as a character??

As for question two, certainly if gunn was a fan of WOlfman (BTW that article really sets me more at ease)..there is your reason.
    Here is how I do it if I'm doing the movies and for good measure I introduce Carol Danvers at the same time. It all ties into one of the Avengers 2 rumors that they might set up a Planet Hulk like story by sending Hulk to space. Only in my story its a manned rocket sending him there captained by Captain Carol Danvers of the US Air Force (this pays tribute to her military history in comics). One of her crew will be Richard Rider. Yeah its different than his origin but it serves a purpose that I'll get to.

The end credit scene of Avengers 2 will be the rocket in space where they get sucked through a wormhole or something (or an Asgardian portal since the Asgardians can apparently go to Knowwhere) only to get scanned by a ship. You'll hear a familiar voice and then the screen shows its Rocket Raccoon piloting the other ship (or Peter Quill if Chris Pratt is available). Regardless you've now got them with the Guardians. In GoTG 2 part of the story will be Carol getting her powers and Richard joining the Nova corps and being accepted into their Centurion program which they are forming in case something like Ronan happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Here is how I do it if I'm doing the movies and for good measure I introduce Carol Danvers at the same time. It all ties into one of the Avengers 2 rumors that they might set up a Planet Hulk like story by sending Hulk to space. Only in my story its a manned rocket sending him there captained by Captain Carol Danvers of the US Air Force (this pays tribute to her military history in comics). One of her crew will be Richard Rider. Yeah its different than his origin but it serves a purpose that I'll get to.

The end credit scene of Avengers 2 will be the rocket in space where they get sucked through a wormhole or something (or an Asgardian portal since the Asgardians can apparently go to Knowwhere) only to get scanned by a ship. You'll hear a familiar voice and then the screen shows its Rocket Raccoon piloting the other ship (or Peter Quill if Chris Pratt is available). Regardless you've now got them with the Guardians. In GoTG 2 part of the story will be Carol getting her powers and Richard joining the Nova corps and being accepted into their Centurion program which they are forming in case something like Ronan happens again.
    Ah.. interesting. I like this idea. Then Rider can get the full Nova force download during Guardians of the Galaxy 3 during the annihilation of Xandar, become Nova Prime, help win the day and be prepped and ready for his solo movie in... 2023... oh, my. That is a long wait...

Still I like the way that could play out.

Or!, How about you just do the damn good origin from the comics but just expand on it ! Make it longer, add later things from Riders long career earlier, like Cosmo, or Adora Dey, or Worldmind or all three, spend more time fleshing out Zorr, bring in his daughter Nebula, give Robbie a much bigger role and center there relationship at the heart of the film, have Rider and Co take Rhomanns ship out into space to like Knowhere or the Impericon to try and save Rhomann(give Reilly some more screen time before he has to die or have Reilly be the personality matrix for the Worldmind) or chase after Nebula and Zorr, make Glenn Close be like Tanak Valt and survive the destruction of the Corps, at the end of the film he should sacrifice his spark of the Nova Force to reignite the Planets core after Zorr absorbed all of it like in the comics. Just follow the comics but make changes that make sense and add more interesting things. I'm not gonna list all the reasons why they should make a Rider movie over a Sam movie because then I'd be here all day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Or!, How about you just do the damn good origin from the comics but just expand on it ! Make it longer, add later things from Riders long career earlier, like Cosmo, or Adora Dey, or Worldmind or all three, spend more time fleshing out Zorr, bring in his daughter Nebula, give Robbie a much bigger role and center there relationship at the heart of the film, have Rider and Co take Rhomanns ship out into space to like Knowhere or the Impericon to try and save Rhomann(give Reilly some more screen time before he has to die or have Reilly be the personality matrix for the Worldmind) or chase after Nebula and Zorr, make Glenn Close be like Tanak Valt and survive the destruction of the Corps, at the end of the film he should sacrifice his spark of the Nova Force to reignite the Planets core after Zorr absorbed all of it like in the comics. Just follow the comics but make changes that make sense and add more interesting things. I'm not gonna list all the reasons why they should make a Rider movie over a Sam movie because then I'd be here all day.
    If they go straight to a Nova movie without any kind of buildup like I wrote then the movie will be about Sam. It sucks but its true. Marvel clearly wants Sam to be new main Nova.

When the next three issues of GoTG conclude I have no doubt we'll find out that Rich is dead and isn't coming back for a while (until some cosmic event where he does come back). The only mystery of the the GoTG issues will be how and why he died. The only way Rich comes out alive is if he's no longer Nova because being Nova detracts from Sam.

If they go straight to a Nova movie without any kind of buildup like I wrote then the movie will be about Sam. It sucks but its true. Marvel clearly wants Sam to be new main Nova.

When the next three issues of GoTG conclude I have no doubt we'll find out that Rich is dead and isn't coming back for a while (until some cosmic event where he does come back). The only mystery of the the GoTG issues will be how and why he died. The only way Rich comes out alive is if he's no longer Nova because being Nova detracts from Sam.
    All those things are still up in the air and hopefully do not become a reality.

While this is a reality that still gives me a lot of hope.