Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Either he's doing it on purpose or the book has a horrible editor.

Or both.
    Both, lol.

Those early reviews are great though, pretty much what I was HOPING to hear. Thanks for posting them,Trev!
    The Pete/Rich bromance is still in effect, that's the kind of thing I thought Bryan Mycheal Bendys would actually be good at so I'm glad he didn't mess that up at least.
    However, it does make the fact that there has been next to NO mention of Rich by ANYONE up to this point an even tougher pill to swallow.
    It sounds like BMB is attempting to do Rich some justice here and really other than us finding out by the end of this arc that Rich can be saved or is simply MIA, that's the best we can hope for right now.
    It's great hearing that all these reviewers actually DO care about Nova and want to know what happened to him. I also did not expect to get the WHOLE story, in 1 issue though so I don't count that as a negative.
    I'm just hoping that when I do pick this issue up tomorrow that the Thanos Imperative recaps are accurate and don't randomly ignore established and relevant continuity, so far the artwork seems to indicate that Bendys did in fact research the arc...here's hoping he doesn't just randomly throw in some continuity shattering lines.

Besides FINALLY getting to see Richard Rider in action again the artwork is (as expected) the major draw.
    I'm always excited when Ed McG' is on art, the dude just kills it every time...such a shame that he's always forced to pair up with Marvel's "over-the-hill" writers.
    I tell you anytime I see a superstar artist on a book at Marvel as much I want to dive right in and enjoy the awesome art I've become conditioned to associate awesome art with half-assed writing.
    Other than Jerome Opena all the other high profile main stream Marvel artists have been used to cover for some of the crappiest storytelling efforts in years.
    This has certainly been the case with GotG and most of the recent Loeb and Bendys stories. I really hope this issue bucks that trend a little.

FYI, I'll be at Dragoncon this weekend (8/29-9/1) in Atlanta, James Gunn will be there for signings and will be headlining two Q&A Panels.
    My GotG/Nova Annihilation Era costume group will be there in full force again this year and following him around like ducklings, OBVIOUSLY.
    Any questions I should ask on behalf of the Nova Fan community?
    I already plan on having our ultra hardcore Richard Rider fan/costumer ask him "Why don't you like me?"(I plan on recording that exchange) lol

Any other ideas?

Here we are creeping out Michael "Yondu" Rooker from last year.

Michael Rooker posted this image on his Facebook page and added: "Shit, yes! Guardians of the Galaxy cosplayers at DragonCon 2013!"

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Both, lol.

Those early reviews are great though, pretty much what I was HOPING to hear. Thanks for posting them,Trev!
    The Pete/Rich bromance is still in effect, that's the kind of thing I thought Bryan Mycheal Bendys would actually be good at so I'm glad he didn't mess that up at least.
    However, it does make the fact that there has been next to NO mention of Rich by ANYONE up to this point an even tougher pill to swallow.
    It sounds like BMB is attempting to do Rich some justice here and really other than us finding out by the end of this arc that Rich can be saved or is simply MIA, that's the best we can hope for right now.
    It's great hearing that all these reviewers actually DO care about Nova and want to know what happened to him. I also did not expect to get the WHOLE story, in 1 issue though so I don't count that as a negative.
    I'm just hoping that when I do pick this issue up tomorrow that the Thanos Imperative recaps are accurate and don't randomly ignore established and relevant continuity, so far the artwork seems to indicate that Bendys did in fact research the arc...here's hoping he doesn't just randomly throw in some continuity shattering lines.

Besides FINALLY getting to see Richard Rider in action again the artwork is (as expected) the major draw.
    I'm always excited when Ed McG' is on art, the dude just kills it every time...such a shame that he's always forced to pair up with Marvel's "over-the-hill" writers.
    I tell you anytime I see a superstar artist on a book at Marvel as much I want to dive right in and enjoy the awesome art I've become conditioned to associate awesome art with half-assed writing.
    Other than Jerome Opena all the other high profile main stream Marvel artists have been used to cover for some of the crappiest storytelling efforts in years.
    This has certainly been the case with GotG and most of the recent Loeb and Bendys stories. I really hope this issue bucks that trend a little.

FYI, I'll be at Dragoncon this weekend (8/29-9/1) in Atlanta, James Gunn will be there for signings and will be headlining two Q&A Panels.
    My GotG/Nova Annihilation Era costume group will be there in full force again this year and following him around like ducklings, OBVIOUSLY.
    Any questions I should ask on behalf of the Nova Fan community?
    I already plan on having our ultra hardcore Richard Rider fan/costumer ask him "Why don't you like me?"(I plan on recording that exchange) lol

Any other ideas?

Here we are creeping out Michael "Yondu" Rooker from last year.

Michael Rooker posted this image on his Facebook page and added: "Shit, yes! Guardians of the Galaxy cosplayers at DragonCon 2013!"
    Oh Man! That is $#@!ing Cool! Rooker is such a cool dude. Thanks for posting that pic man, your the best!
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 08-26-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    Maybe there is a mandate to change the spelling of his name, because everything is becoming way to politically correct. If it is on purpose, Marvel is trying to ween juvenile people from the "D" Rider jokes. If it is not on purpose, this editor is just not doing his job and is getting paid even though he is overlooking something so simple - over and over.
    No , i dont think so ..in issue 17 it was spelled both ways..terrible editing..

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    No , i dont think so ..in issue 17 it was spelled both ways..terrible editing..
    I agree! Even at fan comic level like I do with Nova619 I have folks check continuity and spelling - there's no excuse for spelling a character's name wrong - esp Rich's surname - unless of course there's a valid reason - in which case I've done that deliberately with an ep in 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Oh Man! That is $#@!ing Cool! Rooker is such a cool dude. Thanks for posting that pic man, your the best!
    That raccoon is so cuddly - I mean he'd... wait - no, not the claws! Down with the claws!

...and er, yeah let Nova Prime have his way with Gunn - maybe you need to give him a Nova Prime cake - worked for the Quasar fans! Put those great Nova Concept art/designs in the Art of Guardians to use! Great book.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Hey can someone please tell where this is from it has Nova and Firestar, i want to read please tell me where.
    Truth is the best policy

It was around issue #20 of the last volume

Positives

-NOVA!!!!!

-Pete and Richie Rich bromance still going strong(love the shout out too Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)

-Xanadu, perfect Song choice! No matter how this ends, I need to see this, even if it's just a dream sequence.

-I really like what the colorist did with Novas flames! I still hate the orange colored Nova force, but I really like the idea that the orange Nova Force is kinda like what blue fire is to regular fire. Also points for keeping the holes blue in the breastplate and wrists blue.

-While McGinnies would not be the person I would want to drawn this, I overall loved his art.

-Great action! I had a big smile on my face seeing Drax punch the crap out of Thanos

Negatives

-"Ryder?"(insert Picard and Ryker facepalm)

-"No one can die in the cancerverse" unless you remember what Thanos Imperative was actually about and that they brought death to the cancerverse, that’s why that shit was imploding!

-How does Star-Lord have his element gun!!!!????

-I feel like Adi Garnov is the only artist who can perfectly drawn Novas costume, every artist always forgets something. For McGinnis he forgot the emblem on Novas back.

-The cracked cosmic cube Star-Lord had is now fully powered........I'm fine with this actually, I just thought I'd point it out.

-Pete suddenly not knowing about the cubes power when he's used it prior.

-Those butt jokes where terribly unfunny.

-Richard and Peter referring to each other as Star-Lord and Nova instead of Pete and Richie Rich.

-Not a single Blueblazes(a single tear rolls down my face)
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 08-27-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Last edited by Trevel8182; 08-28-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Color 19 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Color 19 Preview
    McGuinness's art, as usual, is on point. The book usually pulls great artists.