Page 55 of 139 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Bendys chopped of his ARM?!!
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 09-30-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Editor's Note
    Cyclops was right

As good as things might have felt after last issue the latest issue of GotG (#19) took it all back.

The only way I can make sense of this stuff is if I supply my own narrative that dictates that the very different reality that is the cancerverse is whats screwing around with Thanos' intelligence, Drax's personality, Pete's Hair, and Rich's power set.

Even then I'm left wondering, if indeed literally NOTHING changed after that epic confrontation in Thanos Imperative
    and the GOD-LIKE Cancerverse Mar-Vell simply re-spawned like a video game character after having Death herself FORCE her way into his universe just to end him, then why the hell wouldn't he just continue his invasion into the 616-verse? Even if by some chance he didn't know HOW to get back to the 616 this guy was able to one-shot frikin' Adam Magus in the 616-verse where he was weaker, in his OWN universe he'd blink and Thanos, Quill, Drax and, Rich would likely just explode.

Maybe Gamora is right, maybe this is all a lie that Cancerverse Quill is telling....he IS cancerverse Quill if in fact he was re-born there (Thanos and Drax too), and he should look more like the Revengers who got uglier and more monstrous looking after each death. None of it makes sense anymore. Lord Mar-Vell suddenly a mindless lackey? Re-born in the Cancerverse yet you don't look like one of it's inhabitants? It looks like they are in space, how is naked Quill not frozen or suffocated without clothes and his helmet? Cancerverse Scarlet Witch was one of the good guys, yet here she's with the bad guys again. We don't know what happens next yet but a lost arm to a magical sheild (it BETTER be magical cause Rich LOLZ all day at a normal Cap shield) isn't a big deal for Rich...I'm sure it hurt him but even so he should bounce back...again, unless his powers don't work the same way in the cancerverse.

My Theory on how this mess ends: I'm thinking the Cube is gonna get damaged by the Cancerverse goons in some way, after fighting desperately to get it back Thanos will say they need to repair/power it up again so they can get back home. An injured Rich offers his power to repair/recharge the cube. Quill and Drax don't like the idea but no longer have a choice, so they agree to it and make "the deal" with Thanos. Once they escape back to the 616 Thanos double crosses them and uses the cube to absorb the rest of the the Nova Force (along with Rich) with Quill and Drax trying to stop it. It's during this struggle that the Nova Force is probably dispersed amongst both Thanos and Quill. Thanos taking up most of the power will have his current look by the end(Nova Prime armor) and Quill having prevented a FULL absorption will have smaller traces of the Nova Force as he's seemed to be showcasing Nova Powers/looks earlier in the series; like his god-awful "Johnny Lightning" outfit and most recently in the preview of Starlord#4 when he comes blasting "Rider-Style" towards a Thanos that seems rather pleased as he tries out his new Nova powers to build a monument to Death.

Would this suck? YUP! Does it connect to pretty much all we've seen thus far? Ditto.

Plus if Worldmind taking on the appearance of recently deceased corpsman is anything to judge by wasn't it taking on Richard's appearance over in the Sam book during his OS tie in?

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    As good as things might have felt after last issue the latest issue of GotG (#19) took it all back.

The only way I can make sense of this stuff is if I supply my own narrative that dictates that the very different reality that is the cancerverse is whats screwing around with Thanos' intelligence, Drax's personality, Pete's Hair, and Rich's power set.

Even then I'm left wondering, if indeed literally NOTHING changed after that epic confrontation in Thanos Imperative
    and the GOD-LIKE Cancerverse Mar-Vell simply re-spawned like a video game character after having Death herself FORCE her way into his universe just to end him, then why the hell wouldn't he just continue his invasion into the 616-verse? Even if by some chance he didn't know HOW to get back to the 616 this guy was able to one-shot frikin' Adam Magus in the 616-verse where he was weaker, in his OWN universe he'd blink and Thanos, Quill, Drax and, Rich would likely just explode.

Maybe Gamora is right, maybe this is all a lie that Cancerverse Quill is telling....he IS cancerverse Quill if in fact he was re-born there (Thanos and Drax too), and he should look more like the Revengers who got uglier and more monstrous looking after each death. None of it makes sense anymore. Lord Mar-Vell suddenly a mindless lackey? Re-born in the Cancerverse yet you don't look like one of it's inhabitants? It looks like they are in space, how is naked Quill not frozen or suffocated without clothes and his helmet? Cancerverse Scarlet Witch was one of the good guys, yet here she's with the bad guys again. We don't know what happens next yet but a lost arm to a magical sheild (it BETTER be magical cause Rich LOLZ all day at a normal Cap shield) isn't a big deal for Rich...I'm sure it hurt him but even so he should bounce back...again, unless his powers don't work the same way in the cancerverse.

My Theory on how this mess ends: I'm thinking the Cube is gonna get damaged by the Cancerverse goons in some way, after fighting desperately to get it back Thanos will say they need to repair/power it up again so they can get back home. An injured Rich offers his power to repair/recharge the cube. Quill and Drax don't like the idea but no longer have a choice, so they agree to it and make "the deal" with Thanos. Once they escape back to the 616 Thanos double crosses them and uses the cube to absorb the rest of the the Nova Force (along with Rich) with Quill and Drax trying to stop it. It's during this struggle that the Nova Force is probably dispersed amongst both Thanos and Quill. Thanos taking up most of the power will have his current look by the end(Nova Prime armor) and Quill having prevented a FULL absorption will have smaller traces of the Nova Force as he's seemed to be showcasing Nova Powers/looks earlier in the series; like his god-awful "Johnny Lightning" outfit and most recently in the preview of Starlord#4 when he comes blasting "Rider-Style" towards a Thanos that seems rather pleased as he tries out his new Nova powers to build a monument to Death.

Would this suck? YUP! Does it connect to pretty much all we've seen thus far? Ditto.

Plus if Worldmind taking on the appearance of recently deceased corpsman is anything to judge by wasn't it taking on Richard's appearance over in the Sam book during his OS tie in?
    1. I think Quill's powers come from that pink diamond he stole the first issue..they are the same color.
    2. Your logic on being reborn in the cancerverse isnt necessarily ironed out, ideally there is still a cancervese quill out there somewhere besides 616. It was never clarified if you came back as a 616 would you get "tainted" by the many angle ones. That process is kinda unclear. I like the theory on Quill being an evil version, but i doubt it.

3. I don't get the continuity changed either. They serve no point to add to the story and only serve to take away from the DnA tale. (show a disregard for it) its disrespectful, especially when many readers are showing up to see this tale finished based on the work of DnA. Continuity can be a hindrence sometimes, but Bendis has just really screwed up with this series. Theres no nice way to put it.

BANNED

Its Avengers Dissembled and Age of Ultron all over but a thousand times worse.

So fan canon can explain that dying and being reborn made Quill years younger and the cube gave him blond hair. Drax was reborn with a different personality. Okay then lol

This is all terrible writing and Bendis stretching this over 3 issues is ridiculous. When I first saw the image from the Original Sin spread cover of Thanos, Quill and Nova standing side by side before the many angled ones I was hoping for Shuma Gorath or some epic struggle in the cancerverse. Instead we have a boring battle against mis-characterized Revengers and a weak showing for the heroes who went to sacrifice themselves in a universe that was SHOWN to have been destroyed by death herself. Its very frustrating how many things are being ignored, like the worldmind, the full nova force Rich absorbed before the end, etc, etc.

I am seriously considering dropping this book after #20 which is something given I own every cosmic series ever put out by marvel. And while Starlord is a semi fun book, its also just more of a Quill I don't recognize at all, and just reads like the adventures of movie-Quill. Already dropped Nova as well for the complete disregard of what has come before.

Guardians 3000 will be the saving grace of what is left of Marvel Cosmic. That and Silver Surfer which has been so much fun.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    1. I think Quill's powers come from that pink diamond he stole the first issue..they are the same color.
    2. Your logic on being reborn in the cancerverse isnt necessarily ironed out, ideally there is still a cancervese quill out there somewhere besides 616. It was never clarified if you came back as a 616 would you get "tainted" by the many angle ones. That process is kinda unclear. I like the theory on Quill being an evil version, but i doubt it.

3. I don't get the continuity changed either. They serve no point to add to the story and only serve to take away from the DnA tale. (show a disregard for it) its disrespectful, especially when many readers are showing up to see this tale finished based on the work of DnA. Continuity can be a hindrence sometimes, but Bendis has just really screwed up with this series. Theres no nice way to put it.
    1. Didn't notice the color match. Good eye! Although, now it's an even weaker scenario because all this means is that Pete was looking for a power boost so he could "solo" Thanos...he DOES have a team that he recruited for such things so it's odd reasoning to say the least. Like I've said before if all he wanted was to "kill" Thanos he has a team built for that, that should be mission #1 for them. However that doesn't play into the whole "12 more days" line he dropped in issue #1. Also, it doesn't help make sense of the events seen in Infinity. They clear the way for the Avengers to return to earth but don't join them for the showdown with Thanos?! The only way I could have possibly made sense of all that was because Pete was stalling for time and keeping his team AWAY from confronting Thanos on purpose (even though Pete could track him at will somehow). At first I thought that it had something to do with trying to find a way to bring Rich back, as in: We cant kill Thanos until we separate Rich from him (if indeed he was absorbed),as flawed as that thinking is now it just seems that this "Deal" was simply for he and his team to leave Thanos alone for a few months as payment for getting them out of the Cancerverse....I REALLY hope I'm wrong because that would be incredibly weak! Why would Pete even HONOR that deal unless Thanos had something of value to get Pete to fall in line all this time? A super weapon? Thanos ALWAYS has those. No, the only other thing Pete would give a danm about was saving a friend's life, in this case Nova's. Anything less than that just doesn't make any sense.

2. True, nothing has been expressly stated as far as the logic behind the Cancerverse. However, what we HAVE seen via TI though is that when anything Cancerverse related regenerated from being heavily damaged/killed they looked even worse and more savage than they did before they took that hit. If the "no death" rule applies to them why wouldn't the apparent price of that rule also apply to them? Thanos was killed in TI by Drax and came back with no ill effects while in the Cancerverse but that was due to Mistress Death not allowing Thanos to die until he got her close to Mar-Vell. Honestly, I was hoping that these regenerations were what was responsible for Drax, Thanos and Pete suddenly getting dumber and more in line with the savage creatures of the cancerverse but sadly it's just another case of Bendy's logic:"Only like 10 people in the world actually CARE about those details."
    That one line BMB gave in the recent CBR interview sums up his approach to this story perfectly.

3. Indeed, he basically rendered Thanos Imperative and pretty much everything else that lead to the success of the GotG irrelevant to his story, AGAIN. Which is funny because this Arc was supposed to be for us, the loyal cosmic fans that loved the previous run before it was deemed "cool" and wanted those lingering questions answered, he was supposed to give US the closure we've been asking for not the "new readers" who didn't know or care about this stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    1. Didn't notice the color match. Good eye! Although, now it's an even weaker scenario because all this means is that Pete was looking for a power boost so he could "solo" Thanos...he DOES have a team that he recruited for such things so it's odd reasoning to say the least. Like I've said before if all he wanted was to "kill" Thanos he has a team built for that, that should be mission #1 for them. However that doesn't play into the whole "12 more days" line he dropped in issue #1. Also, it doesn't help make sense of the events seen in Infinity. They clear the way for the Avengers to return to earth but don't join them for the showdown with Thanos?! The only way I could have possibly made sense of all that was because Pete was stalling for time and keeping his team AWAY from confronting Thanos on purpose (even though Pete could track him at will somehow). At first I thought that it had something to do with trying to find a way to bring Rich back, as in: We cant kill Thanos until we separate Rich from him (if indeed he was absorbed),as flawed as that thinking is now it just seems that this "Deal" was simply for he and his team to leave Thanos alone for a few months as payment for getting them out of the Cancerverse....I REALLY hope I'm wrong because that would be incredibly weak! Why would Pete even HONOR that deal unless Thanos had something of value to get Pete to fall in line all this time? A super weapon? Thanos ALWAYS has those. No, the only other thing Pete would give a danm about was saving a friend's life, in this case Nova's. Anything less than that just doesn't make any sense.

2. True, nothing has been expressly stated as far as the logic behind the Cancerverse. However, what we HAVE seen via TI though is that when anything Cancerverse related regenerated from being heavily damaged/killed they looked even worse and more savage than they did before they took that hit. If the "no death" rule applies to them why wouldn't the apparent price of that rule also apply to them? Thanos was killed in TI by Drax and came back with no ill effects while in the Cancerverse but that was due to Mistress Death not allowing Thanos to die until he got her close to Mar-Vell. Honestly, I was hoping that these regenerations were what was responsible for Drax, Thanos and Pete suddenly getting dumber and more in line with the savage creatures of the cancerverse but sadly it's just another case of Bendy's logic:"Only like 10 people in the world actually CARE about those details."
    That one line BMB gave in the recent CBR interview sums up his approach to this story perfectly.

3. Indeed, he basically rendered Thanos Imperative and pretty much everything else that lead to the success of the GotG irrelevant to his story, AGAIN. Which is funny because this Arc was supposed to be for us, the loyal cosmic fans that loved the previous run before it was deemed "cool" and wanted those lingering questions answered, he was supposed to give US the closure we've been asking for not the "new readers" who didn't know or care about this stuff anyway.
    What kills me is, for the most part Rich Nova book sold about the same as Bendy's USM book is now lol...a 30k seller, which isn't far from where Cap and Hulk sell books at these days either.

I agree with your logic on the QUill/Thanos deal..but by Bendis logic the stakes may be a date w/ Kitty Pryde .

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    What kills me is, for the most part Rich Nova book sold about the same as Bendy's USM book is now lol...a 30k seller, which isn't far from where Cap and Hulk sell books at these days either.

I agree with your logic on the QUill/Thanos deal..but by Bendis logic the stakes may be a date w/ Kitty Pryde .
    Ha!

As it is I dropped Starlord after the newest solit mentioned his struggle to have a date with Kitty. I just cant justify the purchase lol
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I've been following this story for a while with the recent poll to decide whether Sam or Rich would be the "default" Nova in the online super sage that is Marvel Heroes -and guess what? Yeah good news - Nova Prime will be the default Nova in the game with Sam as an additional add on with separate features. So if you want to be the Human Rocket - then visit Marvel Heroes for more info! So yet again Rich makes it big in the media circles even as we head into the final month for the present "What happened to Rich?" saga in GOTG. Now if Bendis really has decided to kill him off permanently - well it makes even less sense!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...order-nova-now

Rich as Nova Prime is the default version (for the longest time, Sam was going to be the default as per Marvel’s instructions; this means that Rich fans were going to have to shell out for the enhanced Richard skin if they wanted to play as him - however, fan demand was largely for Richard and so it was finally changed)

He is being voiced by Troy Baker(Kanji/Joel/Booker) again, apparently Worldmind will also have dialogue for the Nova Prime (at least) skin

Sam is available as an optional skin with a different VA; due to the switch-up on which Nova was going to be default, his skin is included with pre-orders and advanced pack orders and will also be cheaper than the usual enhanced costume price for people who want to purchase Nova via the in-game means

They plan to include the original Nova costume for Rich as well as other as-yet-unconfirmed costumes

He is slated to be released sometime in October but we don’t know the exact date yet
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 10-04-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post

Rich as Nova Prime is the default version (for the longest time, Sam was going to be the default as per Marvel’s instructions; this means that Rich fans were going to have to shell out for the enhanced Richard skin if they wanted to play as him - however, fan demand was largely for Richard and so it was finally changed)

He is being voiced by Troy Baker(Kanji/Joel/Booker) again, apparently Worldmind will also have dialogue for the Nova Prime (at least) skin

Sam is available as an optional skin with a different VA; due to the switch-up on which Nova was going to be default, his skin is included with pre-orders and advanced pack orders and will also be cheaper than the usual enhanced costume price for people who want to purchase Nova via the in-game means

They plan to include the original Nova costume for Rich as well as other as-yet-unconfirmed costumes

He is slated to be released sometime in October but we don’t know the exact date yet
    Woooooooooooop! Getting that! Gamora Team-up is going down!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Woooooooooooop! Getting that! Gamora Team-up is going down!

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    I've been following this story for a while with the recent poll to decide whether Sam or Rich would be the "default" Nova in the online super sage that is Marvel Heroes -and guess what? Yeah good news - Nova Prime will be the default Nova in the game with Sam as an additional add on with separate features. So if you want to be the Human Rocket - then visit Marvel Heroes for more info! So yet again Rich makes it big in the media circles even as we head into the final month for the present "What happened to Rich?" saga in GOTG. Now if Bendis really has decided to kill him off permanently - well it makes even less sense!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...order-nova-now
    That's actually a pretty big deal!

Outside of us talking about him Rich gets next to NO promotion or lip-service, yet Sam one of the main characters of a weekly animated show (on a DISNEY channel of all places) and happens to have his face plastered all over the comics scene just got out-voted by him. Man, that's sweet.

NICE, my Annihilation team is almost complete!