BANNED

Default If the Valiant characters would had ended up at Marvel or DC

Where would they fit better?

For the record i am not a big 2 loyalist and i love the new Valiant. I am just curious.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Neither. If something like Harbinger went to Marvel ot Dc it would instantly be labeled as a X-men knock off and I bet they wouldn't put any big talent on it. And something Archer & Armstrong is just too Indy-ish to fit in the big 2
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Are we talking now, or during the '90s? Because with the talent DC had in the '90s, characters like Solar, X-O, and Shadowman would have definitely had a better chance at DC, and something like Harbringer could have pushed out a lame-duck Titans book and focused on a younger generation of new heroes, although Toyo Harada wouldn't be the all-encompassing adversary for the universe like he was at Valiant. Imagine, say, Grant Morrison on Solar.

Now? I guess Marvel since they are willing to let books stand on their own and develop their own identity, but I don't think either is really a good fit.

Incredible Member

Probably get introduced as their own Earth with DC. Might see Rai with the Legionnaires, the Immortal Brothers on the fringes of DC continuity, Harbinger somewhere in with the Teen Titans, Shadowman in the Justice League and Bloodshot as a solo hero or put into one of the more covert teams. Outsiders? Elite? Batman, Inc? Something like that...

Honestly, they would put out one or two mini's and the shelf them for eternity.
    Only reason they would buy a competitor's characters is to remove them from the market.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Marvel would have discarded Valiant as it did Malibu. So Valiant has a better chance at DC where Wildstorm is thriving.
    Wildstorm is defunct as of 2010
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think we only need to look at what happened to the Milestone and Red Circle characters at DC, or the CrossGen characters at Marvel, to answer this question...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES