Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Rucka, Scott Bring Supernatural Police Procedural "Black Magick" To Image

Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott announced that the long in development series will debut at Image this October.

Full article here.

I will try anything by Rucka. This is one of the few announcements I am excited for.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I will try anything by Rucka. This is one of the few announcements I am excited for.
    Rucka fell majorly flat for me when I read 'Veil' but Lazarus is my favourite on-going atm and so I'll definitely pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Rucka fell majorly flat for me when I read 'Veil' but Lazarus is my favourite on-going atm and so I'll definitely pick this up.
    Yeah, Veil was meh for me too. But I like the announced length of this (30 issues) and Rucka's writing is pretty damn good, generally.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Yeah, Veil was meh for me too. But I like the announced length of this (30 issues) and Rucka's writing is pretty damn good, generally.
    I do always like it when they know when they want to finish it. Always find that it (generally) stops filler issues and convoluted plot points. Very excited for it.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Finally! I'd been waiting for more news on this since Scott mentioned being at work on it a few weeks or so back.

Astonishing Member

Just supernatural procedural makes me think this is likely to get optioned for a TV adaptation.

Rucka=autobuy

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yup, I didn't like Veil either but Rucka's normally excellent so this is an easy buy for me, especially when you throw in some Nicola Scott art.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

You had me at "Greg Rucka."

In.
    10char

Very different look for Nicola Scott here, hard to tell it is her work. It's very nice but I kind of miss her classic style. I'll definitely give this a try, it sounds interesting and like something that should be an easy home run given the creators involved.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Supernatural noir is my favourite kind of genre. Rucka and Scott make this a must-buy.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Amazing Member

Rucka is a must buy for me. Scott doing the art is both the cream and strawberries on top of an already delicious looking cake.

Yeah, the creative team alone means I'm buying into this. The concept (almost!) doesn't matter.