Super Moderator

Default SDCC EXCLUSIVE: Pak Merges Magic with the Old West in "Kingsway West"

Greg Pak, Mirko Colak and Wil Quintana tell a tale of a Chinese cowboy, fresh out of jail and battling racism, magic and the Wild West.

Full article here.

This sounds interesting and fun. I haven't read anything by Greg Pak yet so it'll be fun to check I out.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

The Wild West is one of my favorite genres, especially "East meets West" type stories like the Shanghai Noon/Knights films. I'll definitely be buying the first issue of Kingsway West this November, but then I'll be waiting for the rest in trade paperbacks.

I have issues with spending 4 bucks a month on a creator-owned project from Dark Horse and Image. With DC and Marvel, there usually is no choice but to pay 3.99 for every issue you want to own. Unless your creator-owned comic is at IDW, Boom, Dynamite, or Oni Press, which sells each issue at 4 bucks by default, I don't think comics at Dark Horse or Image are required to be 3.99 when they could be 2.99 or 3.50... unless Dark Horse is headed towards a direction where all their comics will be 3.99 by default like IDW, Boom, Dynamite, and Oni Press, then I guess I have no choice in the matter.

Anyways I'm looking forward to owning and reading the first issue of Kingsway West, it sounds very interesting and the art shown so far looks amazing. I hope the creators find long-term success with it.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa