Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Al Ewing, Kenneth Rocafort: The Ultimates Coming Fall 2015

Just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/

Black Panther
    Monica Rambeau
    America Chavez
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    Galactus

I am so glad this doesn't have anything to do with the Ultimates-verse and it's...issues.

Galactus? Right, okay.

You know what's sad about this? I love Rocafort's art and would love him to draw the X-men.

Picking this up. Love Al Ewing work. The dudes crazy enough to have Galactus on the team which is all good to me. Oh and BP there should be a fun read. Do hope we get some interesting clashes in personality between him and Blue Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

This is my absolute fav announcement thus far. What an awesome lineup and love Rocaforts artwork.

Will Monica still be Spectrum with Dr Spectrum around?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This is my absolute fav announcement thus far. What an awesome lineup and love Rocaforts artwork.

Will Monica still be Spectrum with Dr Spectrum around?
    Oooh, good point. It's a shame if she has to change the name yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

This looks great, definitely one of the book I'm looking forward to most. Need to tweak Carol's design to reflect her new look tho.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going to trust in Ewing's writing. With Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers and Adam Brashear on the team, the enemy would have to be incredibly powerful. But add the Big G, and it goes to another level. There must be some majorly cosmic $#!% going down if Galactus is needed.

BANNED

I like that the Ultimates title is still alive, but this had better at least feature one Ultimate character. Nick Fury in charge maybe? Anyway, Al Ewing is pretty good so this should be one to watch.

Shut up and take my money

Ewing, MAC, Monica, T'Challa, Carol Danvers? Sold, sold, sold. So surprised at these upcoming casts, well done Marvel. I should remember to think half full, not half empty. This looks glorious!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

America Chavez is really powerful too.
    Check out her power levels.
    America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/America_Chav...arth-TRN366%29

BANNED

Pretty much all of Ewing books are an instant buy for me at this point. He's really been marvels hidden gems/talent along with Si Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/

Black Panther
    Monica Rambeau
    America Chavez
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    Galactus
    This sounds promising ! I'm really curious about the premise of the book though. And at the very least, they could add actual ultimate characters down the line. Still, with Ewing at the helm, it should be a great ride.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

An Ultimates book without a single Ultimate universe character. Talk about your fake outs. At least someone good will be writing for Carol Danvers for once, so that might make it decent. Plus, Galactus? Interesting. They must have some pretty extreme threats if he's with them.