Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Spencer Talks Conflict Between "Sam Wilson, Captain America" & Steve Rogers

Sam Wilson and former Cap Steve Rogers will be at odds this October and CBR spoke with new "Captain America" writer Nick Spencer about his series.

Full article here.

while I'm encouraged to hear that spencer is going to use some old school cap villains, I'm not thrilled to hear that Hydra will be back. I'm tired of these overused villains like hydra, the red skull, etc. I'm going to wait and see how this one develops.

I thought D-Man was dead. Has he been alive this whole time?

All-New Member

They hinted that the characters that they killed in Axis: Hobgoblin were not actually the originals. It sounds like Dunphy is still alive, then.

I like Spencer's writing for the most part, but I feel like Falcon has never been a joking character. He's someone that seems to be serious. He takes his role seriously as a social worker, and as a hero. I've read most of his appearances from the beginning, and not much of a joker. It sounds like they're folding the MCU personality in.

D-Man died as the new Scourge in Brubaker's last Cap story ark not in Axis: Hobgoblin so how is he alive?

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

Nick Spencer is one of those names appearing more and more on my pull list so I might have to give this a try.

So does mean the idea of Captain America as a werewolf will make a reappearance ...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Very cool interview. I am glad that there may be a call back to the big hydra plot of remenders. With 8 month gap a lot can change. I was happy to hear about Misty knight. Nicks trying to be coy but bucky is back for sure, his comment basic lyrics said yes I'm using him lol. Which is awesome I love bucky barnes. D-Man? Well somehow he survived death. I, hope they explain it. I'm sold. I was waiting on an interview, glad this came out.
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Given that next year is Caps 75th anniversary and the year that Civil War hits theaters it wouldn't surprise me if Steve gets his SS serum and his youth back.

I'm really happy to hear all of Remender's plots aren't just being abandoned.

I'm glad to hear D-Man is back because even for someone who's mostly been a joke character, he definitely didn't deserve the death they gave him.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Good hook for a #1 issue. I'm surprised by my own curiosity about the split in philosophies (I'm assuming Wilson has been de-inverted? Wasn't he one of the exceptions who stayed inverted after everyone else was unplugged?)

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    Good hook for a #1 issue. I'm surprised by my own curiosity about the split in philosophies (I'm assuming Wilson has been de-inverted? Wasn't he one of the exceptions who stayed inverted after everyone else was unplugged?)
    No, he was de-inverted along with most others at the end of AXIS. You thought he was still inverted all this time?

All-New Member

if theres one thing i hate, its inner-group-turmoil. watching friends fighting is rarely as dramatic as the author wants, and always painful and or frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by ocdisforme View Post
    They hinted that the characters that they killed in Axis: Hobgoblin were not actually the originals. It sounds like Dunphy is still alive, then.
    They left it ambiguous I think. There was a hint D-Man and the others were killed but Hobgoblin still made a somewhat-sensible argument for why they survived.