Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Secret Wars, #4

Jonathan Hickman, Esad Ribic and Ive Svorcina deliver a strong, character-centered chapter in "Secret Wars" #4 that both moves the story along and serves as a great examination of Drs. Doom and Strange.

Full review here.

All-New Member

I'm loving this event! People I talk to seem to undervalue what happened to Cyclops. This is the ORIGINAL 616 CYCLOPS! Its not a multiverse character. Its a big deal!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by waynebeeswax View Post
    I'm loving this event! People I talk to seem to undervalue what happened to Cyclops. This is the ORIGINAL 616 CYCLOPS! Its not a multiverse character. Its a big deal!!!!
    Eh, not really. Just add him to the pile of every other 616 character that's dead... Ya know, 99% of them.

4.5 out of 5 is a very good rating, and close to a perfect book. I would have Jim Johnson ghost write for me with his in-depth analysis of the turn of events. I didn't read one negative comment, and I agree that the story and art hit all the right beats, but I would go further and add the emotional turning point reached with this issue was so strong, it put anticipation for what comes next at a very extreme level. That makes this instalment of Secret Wars such a huge springboard to the possibilities of what comes next, and such a vital element of a good story. If you can leave your audience salavating for the the following issue, I wonder if that can be measured on a scale?

Quote Originally Posted by waynebeeswax View Post
    We've already seen him in promotional stuff post-SW since the event started. We already know it doesn't mean much.

I was pretty much cheering when he died as a result of that, and hes one of my favorite characters. I know hes not going anywhere, and we don't have to risk the Phoenix being more ruined that it already has in recent years.

Amazing Member

It was such a good read. It earned a 9.5/10

I've lost interest with all the Doom stuff...

Hickman and Ribic continue their genius story and art that gives us Doom legions what we have always wanted: the good doctor at the center of the biggest event in Marvel's history probably....his dialogue and actions in this issue alone make it a very very memorable ride

This series is great (the MAIN Hickman), almost Kingdom Come-esque. I fear that it will all be retconned, marginalized, or twisted to some stupid editorial objective, like Age of Ultron was.

Incredible Member

I like how this is shaping up to be a secret Fantastic Four story. Doom is a God but Achilles Heel isn't his face, it's RRRRRRICHAAAAARDDDSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I like how this is shaping up to be a secret Fantastic Four story. Doom is a God but Achilles Heel isn't his face, it's RRRRRRICHAAAAARDDDSSSS!
    I thought it was his pride?

BANNED

Page 6, I believe which starts with, "The Hidden Isle of Agamotto." Panel 4. Is that Star Lord offering Strange a joint?!?

Quote Originally Posted by zuperkrypto View Post
    Page 6, I believe which starts with, "The Hidden Isle of Agamotto." Panel 4. Is that Star Lord offering Strange a joint?!?
    100% legal on Battleworld.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

I didn't know Marvel allowed that kind of stuff. Ha! Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by zuperkrypto View Post
    I didn't know Marvel allowed that kind of stuff. Ha! Funny!
    LOL. I think it was actually supposed to be a toothpick, but I like your idea better.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum