Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The Phantom (pre-curser to Batman) Daredevil (under Bendis). And Blackbolt, he isn't a vigilante. But like Batman he's very Byronesque and a great strategist.

Nightwing.

(Clark Kent, that is, not Dick Grayson.)

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    Wow, is that almost 25 years old? I think I saw my issues a few years ago. Time to dig through some long boxes...
    It is. We're old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    The Phantom (pre-curser to Batman) Daredevil (under Bendis). And Blackbolt, he isn't a vigilante. But like Batman he's very Byronesque and a great strategist.
    Black Bolt, really? I mean, I love the character, but I don't see Batman in it at all. He's far beyond what Batman could ever hope to do. He's far more a King Arthur figure with the added tragedy of not being to express himself. He's so beyond humanity it's not even funny. I guess I get the depressive anti-hero bit, but other than that, no.

Fantastic Member

Midnighter, who's come to be an interesting character outside of being an obvious Batman pastiche.

Daredevil, who I even like more than Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Midnighter, who's come to be an interesting character outside of being an obvious Batman pastiche.
    I love Midi, but he strikes me more as cross between Captain America (for being a soldier & goodlooking) and Wolverine (for being a thug). He just doesn't have Batman's finess and refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Black Bolt, really? I mean, I love the character, but I don't see Batman in it at all. He's far beyond what Batman could ever hope to do. He's far more a King Arthur figure with the added tragedy of not being to express himself. He's so beyond humanity it's not even funny. I guess I get the depressive anti-hero bit, but other than that, no.
    I think I mentioned in terms of him being a Byronesque type hero ( Ie. gloomy, passionate, arrogant and self-destructive). and as well as him being a strategist who plans several steps ahead. King Arthur always struck me as being some Messiah type sweetness and light hero. Black Bolt isn't like that at all.

Daredevil (under Bendis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    Daredevil, who I even like more than Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Probably Daredevil.
    Just because you are a "dark street level" character doesn't mean you are rip off. Daredevil didn't start as a Batman rip off (more like a Spider-man rip off) wan wasnt so either when Miller reformed him. The Daredevil being a Batman rip of is conception with little fact to it.

The outfit is not the same.
    Their powers are not the same.
    Their personalities are not the same.
    They don't have the same job.
    They aren't from the same social status.
    They don't share the same religion.
    They don't have the same morals.
    They don't fight the same type of villains (Batman's villains are largely insane and Daredevil are organised crime).

The only thing they have in common is that they aren't that nice to criminals and both believe in psychological and physical torture helps get information form criminals (which is a writing trope people should have moved away from long ago - especially post The Iraq war).

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Daredevil, hands down. I love him because he's so relatable to me. That and he's cool when he goes rouge whenever he has a bad day.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

how about

I think I mentioned in terms of him being a Byronesque type hero ( Ie. gloomy, passionate, arrogant and self-destructive). and as well as him being a strategist who plans several steps ahead. King Arthur always struck me as being some Messiah type sweetness and light hero. Black Bolt isn't like that at all.
    I guess it depends on which King Arthur tales you read. The older stories depict him more as a doomed king holding a civilization together as forces including his own family conspire against him.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Green Arrow (the one on TV currently)
    Seconded. My favorite on screen tv depiction of Batman. The lead from Person of Interest used to fill the role previously.

In the books its Nighthawk from Supreme Power.

Shadowhawk.

Spaceghost- pretty much Batman in Space! with a Ghost theme instead of Bats.

Keaton a guy who played Batman, as a guy playing a guy who played a "not batman" Batman, who can't shake the stigma of having played him, and it haunts him both in life and in the movie.

Last edited by Güicho; 07-13-2019 at 04:23 AM.