Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Sex Criminals.

Lazarus. In our troubled times, this book just matters more than the rest.

All-New Member

Southern Bastards. Only 1 issue in (haven't picked up #2 yet) and I'm willing to commit to it over every other book. That's how much I like it.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

"Chew Queens: The Invincible Walking Saga"
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

Torn between Saga and Rat Queens. I'll give Rat Queens the edge just due to Violet.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    oh man I really like your tastes in comics, these are the exact 2 comics I was thinking about. I just met Brandon Graham this past weekend and picked up Multiple Warheads along with Prophet and King City. Multiple Warheads has to be the best looking comic I've ever seen, I just love it. What incredible world building. I would say he's my favorite artist/creator right now. I can't wait for 8 house.

Right now Saga edges out ONLY because it's an ongoing. If Multiple Warheads ever was an ongoing series it would be hands down my pick over any other title. Super great guy too, cool little sketch here from Graham on my Multiple Warheads trade.
    Cool sketch! Yeah Brandon's a great guy, very creative. You know MW is getting another mini soon right? I met him when he did an art show here and he drew Sexica standing on a whale, spread out over my 4 issues of MW: Alphabet to Infinity. Not sure if that description makes sense, but basically when you open them all on the first page and lay them down connecting, they form one picture of the main character. I would post photos but I don't have a camera(phone) or scanner. At the time I was pretty new to comics, having only read some Marvel stuff, Saga, European classics like Asterix and then MW and Change (mini by Ales Kot). So meeting him was kinda like getting a library's worth of recommendations haha.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Cool sketch! Yeah Brandon's a great guy, very creative. You know MW is getting another mini soon right? I met him when he did an art show here and he drew Sexica standing on a whale, spread out over my 4 issues of MW: Alphabet to Infinity. Not sure if that description makes sense, but basically when you open them all on the first page and lay them down connecting, they form one picture of the main character. I would post photos but I don't have a camera(phone) or scanner. At the time I was pretty new to comics, having only read some Marvel stuff, Saga, European classics like Asterix and then MW and Change (mini by Ales Kot). So meeting him was kinda like getting a library's worth of recommendations haha.
    You just made my day! I didn't know this. I know he's working on 8 house with different creative teams but hearing Graham doing pencils again has made me reached nirvana. Where did you hear this from?

Just look at how beautiful this is. Gotta thank the person here who recommended Brandon Graham and King City to me, I'm in tears right now over Graham's work. Just so beautiful.

You just made my day! I didn't know this. I know he's working on 8 house with different creative teams but hearing Graham doing pencils again has made me reached nirvana. Where did you hear this from?
    Hahaha nice, you're welcome. It's gonna be called MW: Ghost Town. See: http://www.newsarama.com/19370-proph...-warheads.html
    From Tumblr I seem to remember he was gunning for 4 issues again, with slightly more plot focus than puns & jokes, it sounded like. But he wanted to get pretty far ahead with them in order to release them all in 4 consecutive months, so it could still be a while. Perhaps after Prophet wraps? I know he's currently doing work for the Adventure Time cartoon, and before this he drew the Empowered Special #6 (called Internal Medicine) which is a kinda short, smaller format comic. So both those things have probably delayed it too.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Nrama: Last question – with this now seeing print, do you have more plans for Multiple Warheads in the future?

Graham: Yes indeed, I am working on new pages of that today. The next Multiple Warheads book is called Ghost Town. Like I was saying earlier I feel like Multiple Warheads is kind of a work in progress. I think with both it and Prophet how I feel about the quality of the work as a whole will depend on if I can pull off what I have planned next. It's both exciting and scary.

Saga

tencharacters
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just look at how beautiful this is. Gotta thank the person here who recommended Brandon Graham and King City to me, I'm in tears right now over Graham's work. Just so beautiful.

You're welcome! I also love Graham's work, I still haven't ordered MW yet though, should rectify that soon. I really hope he will do more work in the future! I've even heard from fans that he should write Green lantern, altough he said he didn't want to work for the big 2. I hope he'll just do what he wants to do, as long as it's good eh?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You're welcome! I also love Graham's work, I still haven't ordered MW yet though, should rectify that soon. I really hope he will do more work in the future! I've even heard from fans that he should write Green lantern, altough he said he didn't want to work for the big 2. I hope he'll just do what he wants to do, as long as it's good eh?
    Thanks man. Seems like Graham has some really big plans for 8 house and wants to build a universe. Between that and doing more work on Prophet and Multiple Warheads I just can't see him wanting to work with the Big 2. He's probably just overflowing with ideas in his head right now so he'll definitely want to work on projects where he gets full creative control and be creator owned. This won't happen if he's working with the big 2.

Incredible Member

This is really just an impossible question to answer. If you held a gun to my head at this very moment, I would probably panic and say the book that I read last night, The Mercenary Sea. I doubt anyone else would answer that, but it is just a book that I have fun reading. If you held a gun to my head 15 minutes from now, I would likely answer Deadly Class, because I will have just finished reading the latest issue.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Chew. Not even close.

Chew.oooooo