BANNED

Default New 52 kid flash questions ?

Ok I have a question about new 52 kid flash ?

1) before flashpoint his real name was Bart Allen and now it's bar torr ?

2) is the new kid flash a reboot of the original ?

3) if not and the new kid flash (bar torr) is a new character then we're is Bart ?

Bonus question: is the new bronze tiger good are bad ? He was originally good but then brainwashed by the league of assassins to be bad then he was freed then returned to the good side.

BANNED

1) The one before Flashpoint was name was Bart Allen. The character who took the Kid Flash name after Flashpoint was named Bar Torr.
    2) No, he's a different character with the same look, powers, and super-hero name.
    3) Bart doesn't exist in this new universe.

Bronze Tiger apparently works for some sneaky assassin group in the new52 (per Red Hood and the Outlaws) so it's a little unclear what his motivations are.

BANNED

I see well Ty very much. Ok one more quick one. Is the Jason Todd from new 52 a reboot of the original ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    I see well Ty very much. Ok one more quick one. Is the Jason Todd from new 52 a reboot of the original ?
    No, none of the characters in the new52 are reboots of previous characters. The entire Earth and timeline were rebooted, and in the new universe that was formed, certain patterns repeated, including one where a kid named Jason Todd became Robin for a while and then went on to be Red Hood.

It's like if you had a house and in that house you had a red sofa. So the entire house, with the soft, burns down. You rebuild the house, and you get another red sofa. So both houses had a red sofa, but the old sofa wasn't transformed into the new one.

BANNED

Oh I see. I always thought of it as reincarnation. Like when I go to the doc database and look up... Batman under universe it will say earth-one/new earth but if I look up superman it will just say new earth. So it's like bats was carried over to the new earth while supers faded and a new one was created in its place. Or like the second hourman under his it says earth-two/new earth and damage just says new earth. But the funny thing is when you look up the the 52 characters under universe it just says prime earth ? Not earth-one/new earth/prime earth. Guess that would have been to long I guess.

BANNED

Oh I see. I always thought of it as reincarnation. Like when I go to the doc database and look up... Batman under universe it will say earth-one/new earth but if I look up superman it will just say new earth. So it's like bats was carried over to the new earth while supers faded and a new one was created in its place. Or like the second hourman under his it says earth-two/new earth and damage just says new earth. But the funny thing is when you look up the the 52 characters under universe it just says prime earth ? Not earth-one/new earth/prime earth. Guess that would have been to long I guess.
    DC doesn't really explain this, ever, ever. Mine is just one theory.

BANNED

Ummm... Well maybe they should ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    DC doesn't really explain this, ever, ever. Mine is just one theory.
    Well I found this under earth one batman' page on the dc database.
    "The Earth-One Wayne would never actually meet his Earth-Two counterpart who was dying of cancer and was actually killed in battle. But the Earth-One Batman would occasionally venture to Earth-Two and meet with his extended family native to that reality. Wayne would continue on as Batman after his Robin left for college in many solo cases. He would continue on protecting and defending the Earth-One reality when the Crisis on Infinite Earths came to Earth-One. Like all the heroes and other powered beings who fought at the "Dawn of Time", Batman was saved from the erasure that compressed all five of the surviving realities into one universe. It would be in the last Crisis battles on the newly formed Primary Earth that the Earth-One Batman would find the incinerated remains of the Earth-Two Robin and Huntress who were killed by the Thunderers of the Anti-Monitor.[6]

The Earth-One Batman was ultimately destroyed and reintroduced to match the new universe as a new person with a completely new history and origin."
    That mean after crisis on infinite earths batman' mind was wiped his body distroyed then reborn on new earth like Wonder Woman, superman, guy Gardner and a couple of others. At least that's what I got from it.

BANNED

Well I found this under earth one batman' page on the dc database.
    "The Earth-One Wayne would never actually meet his Earth-Two counterpart who was dying of cancer and was actually killed in battle. But the Earth-One Batman would occasionally venture to Earth-Two and meet with his extended family native to that reality. Wayne would continue on as Batman after his Robin left for college in many solo cases. He would continue on protecting and defending the Earth-One reality when the Crisis on Infinite Earths came to Earth-One. Like all the heroes and other powered beings who fought at the "Dawn of Time", Batman was saved from the erasure that compressed all five of the surviving realities into one universe. It would be in the last Crisis battles on the newly formed Primary Earth that the Earth-One Batman would find the incinerated remains of the Earth-Two Robin and Huntress who were killed by the Thunderers of the Anti-Monitor.[6]

The Earth-One Batman was ultimately destroyed and reintroduced to match the new universe as a new person with a completely new history and origin."
    That mean after crisis on infinite earths batman' mind was wiped his body distroyed then reborn on new earth like Wonder Woman, superman, guy Gardner and a couple of others. At least that's what I got from it.
    Yes, but I think "reborn" is a bit of a poetic term. It's not scientific. I think it's more scientific to say that this new universe had a Batman in it just like the old one. I don't think there's any matter or energy shared between the two.

Ummm... Well maybe they should ?
    No, not unless there is an entertaining story to tell that would include it. DC tells stories about characters, not about the science of their universe. Most people just accept that one version of the character is gone and now we have this new one. Or at least they should, since DC doesn't care about explaining it.