Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default John Byrne VS Dan Slott on All-New All-Different Marvel

Oh snap. Byrne and Slott went at it -- in a totally respectful way, of course -- over the new direction.

NERD FIGHT!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...s-dan-slott-2/

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Oh snap. Byrne and Slott went at it -- in a totally respectful way, of course -- over the new direction.

NERD FIGHT!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...s-dan-slott-2/

Where? Where? :-D
    And no, I'm not one of those who slam One More Day at every turn. I loved the Brand New Day run, it was (mostly) great! I just like it when Pete has some connection to everyday life.

That was an interesting discussion.

As far as I know, Byrne hasn't read any Marvel comics since X-Men: Hidden Years got cancelled, so a lot of his thoughts are about the concepts rather than the actual work.

Which doesn't make Byrne all that unusual on the internet.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That was an interesting discussion.

As far as I know, Byrne hasn't read any Marvel comics since X-Men: Hidden Years got cancelled, so a lot of his thoughts are about the concepts rather than the actual work.

Which doesn't make Byrne all that unusual on the internet.
    bryne was the internet before the internet was.

Considering Bryne's work on Spidey, and how that was received, seeing him paired against Slott while criticizing the new direction was quite ironic...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering Bryne's work on Spidey, and how that was received, seeing him paired against Slott while criticizing the new direction was quite ironic...
    that being said, it doesn’t mean that his professional opinion is invalid (even though i’ve never really enjoyed his work). i’m only part way through this epic, but he does seem to be a massive proponent of the ol’ illusion of change.

totes right about moving the hell on once the book doesn’t fit you anymore.

Not sure why Byrne was so mean and rude to Slott, especially since he fundamentally changed Superman in 1986. That status quo lasted twenty years and affected how Superman was portrayed in other media. Not saying his changes were bad but isn't he the last person to argue against change with iconic characters like Superman and Spider-Man

Also maybe it would help him to read the book before attacking it. Seems logical and fair.

I love your work Dan. You are up there with JMS, Stern, Michilian, and even Lee. Haven't let me down yet in your Spider-Man and She Hulk. Wouldn't mind you crossing over and giving Superman a try
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 07-02-2015 at 08:51 PM.