Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Damn, I just saw those covers when I logged in. My earlier post looks kind of stupid now.

I guess it depends on how much the issue 1 covers actually reveal. It's hard to say after only one group of covers.

I am still a pessimist as to weather or not Angel will die, so I am placing my bet on Angel being dead after the first Uncanny story line . After that my next guess would be that he may be a villain in the book that has Psylocke in it. I think that is the X-tremist comic.

Where did you find out that there will be spoiler characters in Prisoner X. Actually there are probably spoiler characters in all of the Age of X-Man comics.
    The writer mentioned that a few characters were kept off the cover as a surprise. (I'll try and find the tweet again.) That suggests they're fellow prisoners, not enemies. If Angel rebelled against Nate, that's where he'd likely be. I'm sure there will be lots of characters we haven't seen yet, but I think most of them will be antagonists, not core members.

ETA: https://twitter.com/definitelyvita/s...326600704?s=19
    Last edited by Arachne; 11-17-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I like this. I could see Squirrel Girl making an appearance somewhere down the line. I always felt that Warren works best outside the X-Men than within. Would like to see him team up with other Marvel heroes for once. Not to mention Archangel needs a bit of a revamp of the more compassionate variety. Death isn't always evil. It can be neutral and necessary.
    Well crap, now I really want Squirrel Girl in this.

Your know, compared to other X-Men, Angel really hasn't branched out from the X-Men in quite a while.

Good point about death not always being bad. And I think if you asked Death or Apocalypse, they would be happy to tell you that they are necessary and often merciful. It's just that Apocalypse is a nutcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, I don't believe that we have gotten a cosmic story before.

This was a nice job, Rosebunse, especially the part about Surfer and Angel being linked to space maters. Apocalypse both see's himself as being necessary for the greater good of humanity's survival, but he really is a complete bastard about it. He'd do anything to stave of a Celestial. Do the Celestials even exist anymore?

I have to admit that I don't know much about Galactus, and even less about the Silver Surfer. How many people has the Surfer killed? and were they all so that Galactus could eat planets? I just want to know so that I can draw a better picture of your story in my mind.

I'm not sure what a "fun and silky" story would mean however.
    I'd probably be just be more interested in the dark undertones anyway, if I understand what you are saying properly.
    Sorry that I don't have anything more to offer about your story, as I am tired, and actually managed to fall asleep while logged in .

Yeah, if I am reading your post correctly, I don't want Angel to die or become a permanent villain either. I just think that he is going to end up becoming worm food before Age of X-Man even starts.

Really, and I think that I mentioned this in another post, but if Angel does live to be in an Age of X-Man story, his best bet might be to appear as a villain in the comic that Psylocke will be in. At least I think that that is what I said.

And if Angel decided to help Nate or Legion of his own free will, well, he would really look like **** then. If Warren abandoned Betsy and the other X-Me without being mind controlled, this could be the end of the Psylocke/Angel romance. Actually, I think that I may have said this in another post already, but I'm just to tired and lazy to go back and check if I am just repeating myself.

I hope that this post makes sense to any one who reads it.
    Lol I meant "fun and silly" but autocorrect is weird.

And the Celestials are still around. We've seen them in Avengers just last issue where they tortured Loki for screwing them.

For such a minor character in the grand scheme of things, Apocalypse certainly does have a lot of confidence in himself. It's actually sort of enduring in a way. How can you completely hate a guy who thinks he's the best?

While Surfer himself has only killed a handful of people, as the Herald of Galactus, it's his job to pick planets for Galactus to eat. Because of that, the Surfer has been responsible for the deaths of trillions, which he feels immense guilt for.

And I think that's the difference between Galactus and Apocalypse. Nur simply likes his job. He is utterly terrified of the Celestials, which is a healthy fear, but he likes his job. He sees it as important andultimately a good and noble thing. Galactus sees it as the right thing, but he doesn't really like it.

And this extends to their servants as well, with Death relishing his position and Surfer doing it out of duty.

Actually, with this in mind, the announcement with the X-trants? Is that the one? The announcement with Apocalypse has me stumped. Why would Apocalypse be so against this new world order? Is it because it doesn't fit his Darwinistic ideal? Or is it because he just isn't in charge? Or is he really a hippy?

Also, thinking on it, perhaps Warren is a double agent, but the one who is against Nate Grey is Death, not Warren? So Death is reporting to Apocalypse while Warren works for Nate?

Ultimate Member

That last bit could work though sadly I'm not sure that Marvel cares enough about Warren right now to do something like that, as for getting away from the X-Men, well he could do that and be with Betsy at the same time as she's in a unique position to do that as well and have it work if they'd do an international team that was apart from the X-Men...

That would work with Dani, too. Just sayin'. They were both Defenders, although at different times.

Btw, does anyone have New Defenders #129? The New Mutants were in it, although it wasn't really the New Mutants. I'm wondering if Warren and fake-Dani ignored each other there, too.

Ultimate Member

Well you could have Warren/Betsy, Kurt, Brian and Meggan maybe or have them as often guest stars and some others...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That would work with Dani, too. Just sayin'. They were both Defenders, although at different times.

Btw, does anyone have New Defenders #129? The New Mutants were in it, although it wasn't really the New Mutants. I'm wondering if Warren and fake-Dani ignored each other there, too.
    Yes, yes they did. Warren fought fake Wolfsbane while fake Dani went against Moondragon. Poor Warren. Breaks my heart to fight these kids. :P He deeply cares about the New Mutants.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ha! I'll count that as a half scene, bringing us to, IIRC, 5.5 scenes that include both Warren and Dani where they completely ignore each other.

Ultimate Member

I think that unless there's a push for any two characters to interact from Marvel the two said characters won't even acknowledge each other for the most part...and I doubt that Marvel really cares about Warren right now sadly...

Ha! I'll count that as a half scene, bringing us to, IIRC, 5.5 scenes that include both Warren and Dani where they completely ignore each other.
    I wonder what other interactions there are in the Marvel and DC world that are similar. Someone should make a count of characters that do this so often. Now I want to look at back issues and see other interactions. This is just enjoyable.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

The writer mentioned that a few characters were kept off the cover as a surprise. (I'll try and find the tweet again.) That suggests they're fellow prisoners, not enemies. If Angel rebelled against Nate, that's where he'd likely be. I'm sure there will be lots of characters we haven't seen yet, but I think most of them will be antagonists, not core members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Actually, with this in mind, the announcement with the X-trants? Is that the one? The announcement with Apocalypse has me stumped. Why would Apocalypse be so against this new world order? Is it because it doesn't fit his Darwinistic ideal? Or is it because he just isn't in charge? Or is he really a hippy?

Also, thinking on it, perhaps Warren is a double agent, but the one who is against Nate Grey is Death, not Warren? So Death is reporting to Apocalypse while Warren works for Nate?
    Maybe Apocalypse's personality has just been altered to fit this new reality. Or I guess that he could just be pretending to be on the good guy's side.

I like your idea of how the Death could be the part of Angel who is working for the villains, and Warren is working for Nate, or whoever the good guy is in this story. It would be a creative way to use Warren's spilt personality issues. And I believe that Angel was some kind of double agent in Age of Apocalypse, if I am remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That last bit could work though sadly I'm not sure that Marvel cares enough about Warren right now to do something like that, as for getting away from the X-Men, well he could do that and be with Betsy at the same time as she's in a unique position to do that as well and have it work if they'd do an international team that was apart from the X-Men...
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well you could have Warren/Betsy, Kurt, Brian and Meggan maybe or have them as often guest stars and some others...
    I really like the Thor comics right now, so if Warren were to appear in a non X-Men comic, I think that I would prefer him to show up in one those, instead of an Excalibur comic. And Dani could show up with him seeing as how she could have the Valkyrie thing going for herself.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-19-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think in AoA he had a position of power and was trying to help the X-Men and such but was also trying not to lose his position, so he had to help both sides at times...

Warren in his Archangel form will be among the team in #6

That's interesting. New Horseman Warren was in an Uncanny #4 panel. Either they're not from the same reality/time period, he can still become Death, or Warren leaves the Horsemen early on.

Ultimate Member

If it's the latter maybe Betsy knocks some sense into him or is a strong enough draw with her powers to get through to him given their history...like he'd be defeated and Betsy and maybe Jean would use their tp to free him...

Or maybe Warren got replaced by said alternate version and nobody noticed until it was to late...

That's interesting. New Horseman Warren was in an Uncanny #4 panel. Either they're not from the same reality/time period, he can still become Death, or Warren leaves the Horsemen early on.
    The other speculation brought to you by me is that Death separated himself from Warren and is joining the good guys. :P
    What a twist!!!!