Page 97 of 113 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1681
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I believe that Nate is meant to be Salvation. So my guesses for the Horseman are what most other forum members are
    Life-Angel. An inversion of his time as Death.
    Healing-Omega Red. Instead of having life draining powers, he would have healing powers.
    Bounty-Blob
    Peace-New character or unrecognized existing character.
    Empath could be an interesting Peace, as he's able to manipulate emotions and defuse aggression, forcing 'peace' on people.

If they're villains that would be a good choice. If Nate's in charge, I'm not sure they're the bad guys, although I can't imagine Omega Red being a hero.

Who do you guys think draws Warren the most definiteively? I'm trying to decide what I think he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well just saying that to many Warren probably was not tops on their list of characters...so if he got changed and all...not that big of a deal to many, yeah Warren might be in his right mind though being duped again or believing in someone that we know will fail and be "false" again it just makes Warren look bad, then again in the end maybe Betsy is the one to snap him out of it or make him turn on Nate...
    Yeah, but the Archangel version of Warren is the most famous version of the character. Marvel may want to see if another Horseman story could lead to another version of the character. That's jus a guess on my part, obviously.

I still don't like the idea of Archangel being in another Horseman story, especially if it means that he has turned evil again.

I was really just speculating that Warren might be under Nate's control in answer to another post, maybe even yours, about whether or not Archangel was in his right mind or not. I tend to think that Archangel joined of his free mind. I honestly think that that Jesus Nate and his Horseman are 616 characters and really are the good guys. It wouldn't make much sense to do a good guy version of the Horseman if they weren't actually heroes. It would kind of defeat the idea of them. And I think Jesus Nate will be apposed to Apocalypse, seeing as Nate comes from AoA.

And that would mean that Psylocke wont be snapping Archangel out of Nates control, seeing as he wouldn't be under Nate's control. I think hat we are going to get a story where the X-Men and Jesus Nate's Horseman don't trust each other at first, or they are just working towards the same goals from different perspectives. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Empath could be an interesting Peace, as he's able to manipulate emotions and defuse aggression, forcing 'peace' on people.
    Empath would make a good choice if the Horseman of Salvation are reformed villains. We just don't know anything about the bearded guy that we assume to be Peace. He may not be a reformed villain at all. And he may end up being a new character. I hope that this response makes sense, because I'm really tired right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    If they're villains that would be a good choice. If Nate's in charge, I'm not sure they're the bad guys, although I can't imagine Omega Red being a hero.

Who do you guys think draws Warren the most definiteively? I'm trying to decide what I think he looks like.
    I think that you are right about Nate and his Horseman being the good guys. I just cant see Nate helping Apocalypse seeing as hw he comes from AoA. And Nate and Archangel are wearing a lot of X's on their uniforms.

As for artists, during the 80's and 90's, I would say that Simonson and Portacio drew Archangel the best for that time period.

I liked the artists who worked on Warren during the Kyle/Yost run on X-Force. I thought Lashly did a good job of drawing Archangel during Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run. So I would probably pick one of those artists.

There were a few artists who I thought drew a nice Archangel during Soule's Astonishing X-Men run as well, but I honestly cant think of their names right now. I tried to go through my comics to find their names, but I ended up not having enough time.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-26-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: hopefully, I corrected most of my spelling

If Nate chooses Omega Red to be on a team of good guys, it would certainly explain why the X-men don't trust them.

Thanks for the list! I just started rereading Louise Simonson's run. I was looking for a good excuse. I think I've figured out what his features should like. His hair is still driving me nuts. Long or short, curly or straight? I can't decide what looks best.

If Nate chooses Omega Red to be on a team of good guys, it would certainly explain why the X-men don't trust them.

Thanks for the list! I just started rereading Louise Simonson's run. I was looking for a good excuse. I think I've figured out what his features should like. His hair is still driving me nuts. Long or short, curly or straight? I can't decide what looks best.
    I say just go with what you like. I prefer short and straight or short and curly. Was never a fan of long hair unless they are able to pull it off.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Blob's presence would probably also cause the X-m to mistrust Nate's Horseman. But I'm starting tp like Omega Red's inclusion on the team. Apocalypse mostly used a lot of heroes for his Horseman. It's kind of neat to see Nate give a complete bastard like Omega Red a chance to be part of his Horseman of Salvation.

I don't know if you've already made your mind up about how to draw the hair or not, but the long haired Viking mohawk is a new look that I like. Maybe you could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I say just go with what you like. I prefer short and straight or short and curly. Was never a fan of long hair unless they are able to pull it off.
    I think I'm going with short but long enough to be wavy. I prefer him with longer hair, but for some reason when I draw him that way it doesn't look like him.

Blob's presence would probably also cause the X-m to mistrust Nate's Horseman. But I'm starting tp like Omega Red's inclusion on the team. Apocalypse mostly used a lot of heroes for his Horseman. It's kind of neat to see Nate give a complete bastard like Omega Red a chance to be part of his Horseman of Salvation.

I don't know if you've already made your mind up about how to draw the hair or not, but the long haired Viking mohawk is a new look that I like. Maybe you could try that.
    I think they'd buy into Blob as a hero fairly easily if there were three established heroes plus Nate. Blob never seemed as bad to me as most villains. Omega Red is on another level. I'm really curious about what's going on, now.

Hmm, the mohawk might be fun to draw. Maybe I'll do a portrait of him with it for Inktober, since I've decided to focus on faces.

Ultimate Member

I'm hoping that the mohawk look doesn't last long, would love to see Betsy make a comment about it...that maybe she'd make some flirty and sarcastic comment about liking the new outfit but the hair had to go...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 09-28-2018 at 07:07 PM.

I doubt it'll last long. Warren seems the type to keep up with the latest styles (given all the ones he's had over the years) and I don't think that's one of them.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, not sure that Warren is one of the big characters that most writers seem to really care about so it falls to the artists often enough, and he seems to change with every new artist...

Yeah, he definitely needs some writer love. I'd love to see him and Dani (not talking relationships here) on a team with a writer who cares about them.

At least the constant style changes fit his "wealthy playboy" image.

I'm hoping that the mohawk look doesn't last long, would love to see Betsy make a comment about it...that maybe she'd make some flirty and sarcastic comment about liking the new outfit but the hair had to go...
    I think that the God of War Viking mohawk is the best part of Warren's new uniform. Well the sword and tattoos are nice also. It's the leg robes and loincloth that are bad.

And Psylocke should feel jealous and insecure that Warren's new Viking mohawk is better looking than her own hair.

Yeah, not sure that Warren is one of the big characters that most writers seem to really care about so it falls to the artists often enough, and he seems to change with every new artist...
    Bunn seemed to like writing Warren well enough during his run on Uncanny X-Men.

Yeah, he definitely needs some writer love. I'd love to see him and Dani (not talking relationships here) on a team with a writer who cares about them.

At least the constant style changes fit his "wealthy playboy" image.
    I'm not sure that Warren even cares about his wealthy playboy image or keeping up with the latest fashion trends at tis point. He seems to be kind of grim and restrained and more responsible now. At least that's how he reads to me given the way he acted as caretaker of the sleeper mutants in Bunn's Uncanny. At least that's how he reads to me.

And I see that you are off of the Warren/Dani ship already. You think that her old pal Nate is going to use his Horseman to free her from the Moonlocke stuff? That would get Warren and Dani in the same story in a non-romance way.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-28-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: my terrible spelling

Ultimate Member

Who knows maybe it'd end up Dani/Nate...or not...well all that Bunn had Warren doing is being mostly in the background the entire time and then hitting on every female character that they came across...I was just meaning that the outfit and the hair could be something that Betsy would remark on with her usual wit and sarcasm while flirting at the same time...

And yeah Warren hasn't really been a wealthy playboy type in several years...

Bunn seemed to like writing Warren well enough during his run on Uncanny X-Men.

I'm not sure that Warren even cares about his wealthy playboy image or keeping up with the latest fashion trends at tis point. He seems to be kind of grim and restrained and more responsible now. At least that's how he reads to me given the way he acted as caretaker of the sleeper mutants in Bunn's Uncanny. At least that's how he reads to me.

And I see that you are off of the Warren/Dani ship already. You think that her old pal Nate is going to use his Horseman to free her from the Moonlocke stuff? That would get Warren and Dani in the same story in a non-romance way.
    I missed Bunn's Uncanny run.

I'm reading all my comics out of order these days. I thought some of the playboy stuff was fairly recent, but I'm probably a little mixed up.

Nope, not off the Warren/Dani ship, just trying not to drive everyone nuts by going on about it. Getting them on the same team is a long enough shot, though. I'm not hoping for more than that. As for Nate helping, that depends on how Uncanny goes. It's possible we'll see alt reality versions of the New Mutants (if we see then at all) and the point will be moot.

Ultimate Member

Lately Warren has been dealing with having two psyche's in one head, one the more normal Warren and the other the much more violent Archangel/Death persona, it now seems to be what every new writer wants a crack at when they write Warren, at least he's seemingly done with the NuAngel version from right before his most recent stuff...