Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1681

Okay, so apparently these Horsemen are Peace, Abundance, Health and Life.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...519400960?s=19

Warren, I assume, is the Angel of Life.

That is interesting thanks for the information Arachne. Seeing how much of a sausage fest the Four Horsemen tend to be. I do wonder if you guys had the option what would your all-female four horsemen be?
    Would like to discuss Angel as a Horsemen further but right now I would rather wait until more information has come.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is interesting thanks for the information Arachne. Seeing how much of a sausage fest the Four Horsemen tend to be. I do wonder if you guys had the option what would your all-female four horsemen be?
    Would like to discuss Angel as a Horsemen further but right now I would rather wait until more information has come.

Good question! Let's see...

War - - Domino, as a mercenary she's actually been in wars.

Pestilence - - Cecilia Reyes is just too cruel an idea to pass on.

Famine - - Storm, who could create a more serious famine than her?

Death - - Moonstar's an obvious choice here. For awhile it looked like she'd actually become the Horseman of Death, but that idea got dropped or was a red herring.

Ultimate Member

Who knows, maybe Warren chose to be a horseman if it is him...and maybe he didn't...

Let me just get my history book. :P
    Norse mythology comes from the Germanic people that inhabited what is now Europe. Despite how fantastical it sounds they have had contact with the Roman Empire (mostly due to occupation). One example is the battle between Julius Caesar and the Gauls. If you have ever read the comic Asterix. This is the time period the story is based on. It makes sense if you look at it in a historical perspective. They got revenge on the western roman empire if any are familiar with the sacking of rome and so forth. There is a reason why Vandals and Barbarians are words used today.
    Yes, I've heard of the Vandals. The Visigoths and the other goths as well. And I think many historians believe that the Vandals migrated to the German lands and the rest of Europe from lower Scandinavia. I'm not sure if most historians agree on that though.

Anywho, I just thought that if the Horseman were going with Norse designs for the costumes it would make sense to go the entire way, and give the characters Norse weapons. That's why I speculated that Omega Red's Russian heritage could be a tie in to the Norse theme because of the Viking Rus. But you are right about the German tribes having contact with the Romans, so it fits. Plus there is creative freedom and artistic license.

The idea of a God of War/ Norse inspired theme for the Horseman costumes, if that is what the artist is going for, is interesting but I'm still having a hard time warming up to Angel's new costume.Still don't mind the mohawk or tattoos, or even the sword.

I understand why you would remove the Blue skin and metal wings f you want to change Angel from being a Horseman of Apocalypse to being a Horseman of Salvation, but I still like the metal wings better.If this is 616 Angel of course.

Just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Okay, so apparently these Horsemen are Peace, Abundance, Health and Life.

Warren, I assume, is the Angel of Life.
    I believe that Nate is meant to be Salvation. So my guesses for the Horseman are what most other forum members are
    Life-Angel. An inversion of his time as Death.
    Healing-Omega Red. Instead of having life draining powers, he would have healing powers.
    Bounty-Blob
    Peace-New character or unrecognized existing character.

For female Horseman, I would choose:
    War-Magik
    Famine-Storm
    Pestilence- I will steal Arachne's idea and go with Cecilia Reyes.
    Death- Moonstar.

Ultimate Member

From the looks of things I doubt that this group will stay together long, and who knows maybe Betsy will be the one to snap Warren out of it in the end...

@ArchangelSliver I believe you misunderstood me. Warren's horsemen of salvation costume seem like it was inspired by God of War IV world. The other Horsemen seem to have their own thing going on. That doesn't mean that God Of War IV worlds in Norse Mythology is similar to the Marvel Version. It is different and more fantasy esque vs technological.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Leaves me to wonder if Warren is right in the head during all of this, meaning like is he in control or is he being controlled or something of that nature......and I don't think it'd be any different if you replaced Warren with Scott and Betsy with Jean, just hope that she doesn't have to kill him again...maybe that same situation comes up and she does something different and this is a way to get Warren fully back to his old self, he seems to be back to his feathered wings again and not blue...just as long as the tattoo's aren't real ones and stick around afterwards...

Right in the head or not, we don't even know if this is the real 616 Warren, yet. There's not much point in speculating.

Except that it's a ton of fun, of course.

Ultimate Member

True we don't know if it is, as it could be the AoA version or something like that...and yeah speculating can be fun, when it's not nervewracking...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is a beautiful selection there Havok83. I don't understand why the Horsemen became male oriented. I enjoy when its a mix of genders.

Ultimate Member

Maybe it was something to do with how when a character becomes a horseman they get physically changed for the part and maybe Marvel thought that the fans wouldn't like it if it happened to some of the bigger X-ladies...or not...Warren though is unique amongst all of them...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who knows, maybe Warren chose to be a horseman if it is him...and maybe he didn't...
    I would say that it might depend on whether or not Nate is genuinely Salvation. If Nate can be trusted, Warren may have joined him of his own free will. If Nate is deceiving everyone into believing he is Salvation, or if Nate is an imposter, than maybe he is forcing his Horseman to join against their will. Or maybe Nate only has good intentions and forced the Horseman to join for what he sees as the necessary of the good.

Hell, for all we know, Salvation Nate may actually be Apocalypse, or working for him, or being duped by him. I doubt it, but you never know.

But, having said that, I think that the Horseman probably joined of their own free will, if these are 616 Horseman. These are meant to be Horseman of Salvation. I could see how all of these Horseman probably view themselves as needing personal salvation. Well except for maybe the bearded guy since we don't know who he is for sure. These Horseman may see themselves as gaining personal salvation for themselves as well as helping Salvation Nate accomplish his salvation goals, whatever they are.

From the looks of things I doubt that this group will stay together long, and who knows maybe Betsy will be the one to snap Warren out of it in the end...
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm not fond of Warren being in another Horseman story, but if these Horseman are meant to be good guys, then they may end up staying togather for a while after the story is over. If they do stay togather, I want them to get rid of Blob. I just don't like him. And I wish that Frenzy had been put on this team. In her earliest appearances, she worked for Apocalypse. It could be a coming full circle story for her, just like Angel.

@ArchangelSliver I believe you misunderstood me. Warren's horsemen of salvation costume seem like it was inspired by God of War IV world. The other Horsemen seem to have their own thing going on. That doesn't mean that God Of War IV worlds in Norse Mythology is similar to the Marvel Version. It is different and more fantasy esque vs technological.
    Okay, I get you now.

Leaves me to wonder if Warren is right in the head during all of this, meaning like is he in control or is he being controlled or something of that nature......and I don't think it'd be any different if you replaced Warren with Scott and Betsy with Jean, just hope that she doesn't have to kill him again...maybe that same situation comes up and she does something different and this is a way to get Warren fully back to his old self, he seems to be back to his feathered wings again and not blue...just as long as the tattoo's aren't real ones and stick around afterwards...
    It may not even be an issue of whether Angel is in his right mind or not. I don't believe that Angel and Psylocke have been in the same issue togather since she became British again. And we don't know when Angel joins this team of Horseman. Angel may not realize that Betsy is British again, and he might think that she is Kwannon. And if the Salvation Horseman are good guys, Betsy may think that Warren has become an evil horseman again. The fight shown on the Uncanny cover between Angel and Psylocke could just be one of those old comic fights that start as a misunderstanding before the heroes figure out that they are on the same side. We don't actually know how long the battle actually lasts.

Or you may be right and Angel is out of his mind, and I typed this post for nothing.

Really, if Warren is out of his mind, I would be more worried that it is because Warren has become the idiot NuAngel again .

I'm not fond of Angel's new Horseman costume, especially the loin cloth and leg robe things, but I wouldn't mind it if he kept the mohawk and tattoos. I like those parts of his new costume. And I guess that he might as well keep the sword if he cant have the really great metal wings, and is stuck with the shitty feathered wings instead.

Actually, Angel may have the best look of the new Horseman. I'm more worried about Omega Red's new look, seeing how it appears that Omega seems to have tentacles instead of hands. And I'm not fond of Blob's look, but that may be because I'm not fond of Blob.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Right in the head or not, we don't even know if this is the real 616 Warren, yet. There's not much point in speculating.

Except that it's a ton of fun, of course.
    I tend to think that these are the 616 versions of these characters. It would make the Angel/Psylocke cover more relevant in my opinion.
    Unless Angel is dead, and this AoA version of Angel reminds her of him. That would make me mad.

For me, what puts these characters in doubt as being 616 characters is the presence of Omega Red. He is currently part of the Weapon X team in that comic. We don't know how Uncanny and Weapon X line up time line wise, so I guess that Omega has time to leave Weapon X and join the Horseman, but it would be cutting things pretty close.

Maybe it was something to do with how when a character becomes a horseman they get physically changed for the part and maybe Marvel thought that the fans wouldn't like it if it happened to some of the bigger X-ladies...or not...Warren though is unique amongst all of them...
    Archangel's most famous look is the one with the blue skin and metal wings. Well at least it is in my opinion. Marvel may be willing to take more chances with permanent physical changes with with Angel because of that.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-22-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well just saying that to many Warren probably was not tops on their list of characters...so if he got changed and all...not that big of a deal to many, yeah Warren might be in his right mind though being duped again or believing in someone that we know will fail and be "false" again it just makes Warren look bad, then again in the end maybe Betsy is the one to snap him out of it or make him turn on Nate...