Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1681
    Ultimate Member

Maybe he could rival Kitty for control of the X-Men name and such for starters, form a team of mutants that travel the globe and solve problems, a big pr thing to where each member of the team is famous and such or something along those lines...Warren should be equal to Tony Stark at least...maybe start a team with Betsy and have Kurt and Storm and others...maybe Colossus as well...the "real" Uncanny X-Men...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... Warren should be equal to Tony Stark at least...
    YES, that's what I've been saying for A WHILE now! But with a twist, go the entrepreneurial route, and keep the Jekyll & Hyde routine. Him trying to make the world a better place--in a most GRANDiose way--while keeping his inner demon(s) at bay, would be a compelling direction to take the character in, I think... for starters. I'd also introduce more of the Worthington clan, and other business colleagues/rivals, to add high finance drama & intrigue.

Maybe he could rival Kitty for control of the X-Men name and such for starters, form a team of mutants that travel the globe and solve problems, a big pr thing to where each member of the team is famous and such or something along those lines...Warren should be equal to Tony Stark at least...maybe start a team with Betsy and have Kurt and Storm and others...maybe Colossus as well...the "real" Uncanny X-Men...
    Other than being a rival for Kitty, this seems to be the story line that Jean is using in Red, at least in my opinion.

And do you have any ideas for why any other character would want to follow Warren giving his current problems. I think that I may have seen somewhere that Rosenberg has said that Phoenix Resurrection takes place before Soules Astonishing, but the The Astonishing Annual seems to be suggesting that Warren has his split personality back, and that the story takes place after Astonishing #12. Well, at least the opining summary/recap page does. I would think that most X-Men would be a little wary of following Archangel right now.

I'm not complaining, I'm just genuinely interested in if you have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    YES, that's what I've been saying for A WHILE now! But with a twist, go the entrepreneurial route, and keep the Jekyll & Hyde routine. Him trying to make the world a better place--in a most GRANDiose way--while keeping his inner demon(s) at bay, would be a compelling direction to take the character in, I think... for starters. I'd also introduce more of the Worthington clan, and other business colleagues/rivals, to add high finance drama & intrigue.
    Using the Jekyll & Hyde story would have been good when it first started. Now I'm kind of burnt out on it, and I prefer an Archangel character who has had his mind cured, and he just remains in his Archangel form all the time.

And in regards to his family, I thought Warren only had his Uncle Burt and one distant cousin left. If I remember correctly, the distant cousin was the only family member to show up for the reading f Warren's will in X-Factor volume #1. I tried to find my copy of the issue before responding to your post to make sure that was correct and I and couldn't find it. Does Warren have more family members that I'm unaware of.

Maybe for other business rivals, you could use some of Candy Sothern's family, if she has any. They could be upset that her relationship with Angel is what got her killed.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-10-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Kitty is likely to be demoted when Gold ends so being a rival to her is moot. All signs seem to suggest Jean is primed to take over as leader of Uncanny. He and Jean should work together, not against each other

Ultimate Member

Well Warren wouldn't be going into hiding or anything and maybe rather than be a rival just work with her in some respects but that she doesn't call the shots, yeah Warren doesn't really have much family at all, and what he has he doesn't get along with, yeah I'd rather they stay away from the him having a dark side that he's trying to control, so far he's back to his old self and the timeline is all messed up anyway...

Warren wouldn't be trying to start a movement or anything, just fix what can be fixed with those that he trusts, starting with Betsy for those that he trusts...

As for Kitty, I was hoping that she'd get demoted but won't count my chickens and all until it actually happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty is likely to be demoted when Gold ends so being a rival to her is moot. All signs seem to suggest Jean is primed to take over as leader of Uncanny. He and Jean should work together, not against each other
    Kitty doesn't appear to be getting demoted to me if the Uncanny teaser is an actual indication of what the new Uncanny will be like. Kitty is with the characters in the forefront of the teaser image. But yeah, if Warren is in a comic going forward, I would prefer to see him working with Jean.

Well Warren wouldn't be going into hiding or anything and maybe rather than be a rival just work with her in some respects but that she doesn't call the shots, yeah Warren doesn't really have much family at all, and what he has he doesn't get along with, yeah I'd rather they stay away from the him having a dark side that he's trying to control, so far he's back to his old self and the timeline is all messed up anyway...

Warren wouldn't be trying to start a movement or anything, just fix what can be fixed with those that he trusts, starting with Betsy for those that he trusts...

As for Kitty, I was hoping that she'd get demoted but won't count my chickens and all until it actually happens...
    Warren trying to fix what can be fixed sounds like a generic super hero story to me.

Any way, Warren is in the Uncanny teaser, and he is in his Archangel form. Don't know if that means that Warren's mind really is fixed or not if he can wear that form. The timeline given in the Astonishing Annual still makes that a little confusing, at least to me.

And I'm honestly not expecting Warren to have a big role if any at all. He's kind of in the background in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Kitty doesn't appear to be getting demoted to me if the Uncanny teaser is an actual indication of what the new Uncanny will be like. Kitty is with the characters in the forefront of the teaser image. But yeah, if Warren is in a comic going forward, I would prefer to see him working with Jean.

Warren trying to fix what can be fixed sounds like a generic super hero story to me.

Any way, Warren is in the Uncanny teaser, and he is in his Archangel form. Don't know if that means that Warren's mind really is fixed or not if he can wear that form. The timeline given in the Astonishing Annual still makes that a little confusing, at least to me.
    Im hoping that just means she will still be a major character but not the overall leader of the X-men. Maybe she remains as headmistress of the school, but I do think Jean is being positioned to take over as the head leader of the X-men. I could be wrong but even Kitty is behind her in that same teaser

@Havok83 I love your new avatar picture. It is absolutely adorable.

Now for my opinions, I believe it is time for Angel to form his own group of X-Men and work alongside Jean Grey.
    In this case, I would like to see him in a mentor role and teach the older students preferably the New X-Men Kids.
    It will be an interesting role and could provide growth in areas we haven't seen before.
    Also, see a more young adult audience and themes with the New X-Men kids.

Another possibility that one of you mentioned is his business side. With the likes of Warren Buffet and Elon Musk, you think someone will take inspiration and go down that path with Angel. The only one writer who somewhat expanded that and it was Aaron. That is saying something. Adding a bit of Oprah, and J. K Rowling helps a lot with pushing for Mutant Rights and visibility. I could see him easily going into an activist route and supporting various mutants and mutant causes with his wealth and PR skills. He could push products, magazines centering around mutants, charity events, aiding in protest or marches. There is soo mucht that can be done. It would honestly be interesting to see and read.

As for the future concerning Warren...

Best Case Scenario: He lands on a team and works alongside his colleagues and Jean.

The Usual Scenario: Wallpaper and Background cover model.

Worse Case Scenario: He dies during the Uncanny re-launch and/or is revealed to be the Sleeper Agent.

The last one is all kinds of dumb and would be an incredible disservice to the character.
    Sadly a lot of people dislike him for the fact that he is perceived as weak or effeminate. :/
    Last edited by Izanami; 08-15-2018 at 12:27 AM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    @Havok83 I love your new avatar picture. It is absolutely adorable.

Now for my opinions, I believe it is time for Angel to form his own group of X-Men and work alongside Jean Grey.
    In this case, I would like to see him in a mentor role and teach the older students preferably the New X-Men Kids.
    It will be an interesting role and could provide growth in areas we haven't seen before.
    Also, see a more young adult audience and themes with the New X-Men kids.

Another possibility that one of you mentioned is his business side. With the likes of Warren Buffet and Elon Musk, you think someone will take inspiration and go down that path with Angel. The only one writer who somewhat expanded that and it was Aaron. That is saying something. Adding a bit of Oprah, and J. K Rowling helps a lot with pushing for Mutant Rights and visibility. I could see him easily going into an activist route and supporting various mutants and mutant causes with his wealth and PR skills. He could push products, magazines centering around mutants, charity events, aiding in protest or marches. There is soo mucht that can be done. It would honestly be interesting to see and read.

As for the future concerning Warren...

Best Case Scenario: He lands on a team and works alongside his colleagues and Jean.

The Usual Scenario: Wallpaper and Background cover model.

Worse Case Scenario: He dies during the Uncanny re-launch and/or is revealed to be the Sleeper Agent.

The last one is all kinds of dumb and would be an incredible disservice to the character.
    Sadly a lot of people dislike him for the fact that he is perceived as weak or effeminate. :/
    Just going off of the cover for Uncanny #1, it doesn't look as if Warren will be working with Jean. And he is the only O4 member missing from the cover. It looks like ha will have a small role in Uncanny at best. But that may not be to bad. Warren could do some thing else without some of his usual friends in a different comic. Hopefully some other comics spin out of the relaunch.

In regards to him getting killed during the relaunch, I could see that happening. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic, but he might be used as a high profile death. And it would really suck, seeing as how he just came back to life.

I don't think he will be revealed as a sleeper agent, or some one who is not a mutant. I think Psylocke is the X-Man who will end up not being a mutant. She could go back to being some kind of Otherworld character.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-15-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Betsy being the not a real mutant would be a big shock to anybody really so she's probably out, and Warren is so caught up in what Apocalypse did to him that it's probably not him either...as for Warren dying...well he could but I don't see them killing off another of the true O5, again besides Warren was technically gone for several years and not sure that his death would really affect to many outside of the other O5 and Betsy, wonder how her changes will affect Warren and such...one would think that he'd understand more than most...

Though last I checked that Uncanny roster is like just for something about ten issues or so to help set up Extermination or whatever and that the roster will change so who knows what'll happen to Warren...

@ArchAngelSliver That is the nice thing about speculation and wishing. I don't have to be concerned if it's true or not. I just predict all possible pathways and talk about ideas I want to see while I wait for confirmation.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I read the Astonishing #1 annual and mostly enjoyed it. I'm just a little confused about Archangel. I couldn't tell if he was mind-wiped like the other X-Men in the story.

I'd say that the only thing that I wasn't excited about was the way that Warren is back to having split personalities again. I wish that the X-office would just stick with Bunn's story for how Archangel's mind was fixed, but oh well. You cant have everything I guess.

Maybe I misread the scene, but it read to me as if Warren couldn't remember if he killed Lucifer or not when he reverted to being just plain old Warren. He had to ask Jean if he had killed Lucifer. Yet it was pretty apparent on panel that Archangel had beheaded the guy. I'd say that it was just Lucifer causing Warren to forget killing him, but the story made read to me that killing Lucifer was a deliberate act on Warren's part. And he agreed with X that Lucifer had to die. So maybe know he has memory issues when he is Archangel? Or maybe I am just misreading things.

Reading through the Astonishing spoiler thread it appears that I'm in the minority, but I don't mind that Warren was willing to kill to stop the bad guy. I just think that it makes him a little more interesting. And it was a tough choice to kill Lucifer because Warren knew that attacking Lucifer would also hurt the regular townspeople. He had to realize that killing Lucifer would hurt the civilians if he killed him. I'm not one for thinking it is okay to kill innocent civilians in real life as part of collateral damage to take out an enemy, but it did think that it made this story a little more interesting.

My guess would be that Warren wont be working with the other O4 members in the future. Not if he is willing to kill, because the others are pretty strongly against it. Maybe that's why he isn't with the other O4 members on the upcoming Uncanny cover.

It made it seem as if Archangel was a split personality. Archangel killed Lucifer, not Warren, hence why Warren had no recollection of it

Ultimate Member

Exactly when this issue takes place is up in the air as once X got through with Warren there was no split personality back in Soule's Astonishing series...so who knows...

X would be evil enough to let Warren think he'd been cured but keep the Archangel personality in there... especially for situations like dealing with Lucifer.
    I think Warren retains memories of X and Lucifer. The look at the end doesn't make sense unless he does and is happy that his other friends are happier than they were before.
    And Archangel vs Lucifer was a bit on the nose but it worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'