Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1681
    Ultimate Member

Yeah I don't remember Warren cheating either though the horseman for Nate could be a way to get rid of the Death version and reset Warren to the blond guy with wings and such...just don't have him then brood about it for years after being freed later on...

Extraordinary Member

Poor Warren can't catch a break. I have money on him killing Apocalypse.

Ultimate Member

Well when the young O5 came to the present teen Warren most of the time was relegated to holding up the background if the writers even remembered that he existed so that's no big surprise lately sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You need to read more Pre-90's Warren. He has been single and Horsemen before dating Charlotte. :P
    Everyone post your favorite Pre 90's Warren images!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I know that it sounds goofy and I look like a stupid comic nerd , but I would still want to see him with Dani.
    Then we're both goofy comic book nerds.

Favourite pre-90's Warren scene so far in my X-Factor reread (I mean it, but look who's in the bottom left corner):

P_20181115_001609_NT_1_1.jpg

And look what popped up in my Pintrest feed! I'd forgotten there was another Archangel.

10b75c800229f52559b8de57053ff8e6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Favourite pre-90's Warren scene so far in my X-Factor reread (I mean it, but look who's in the bottom left corner):

And look what popped up in my Pintrest feed! I'd forgotten there was another Archangel.

Why do they tease us with this. :P
    It's like they knew in a couple of years it would be used in a punch line.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah I don't remember Warren cheating either though the horseman for Nate could be a way to get rid of the Death version and reset Warren to the blond guy with wings and such...just don't have him then brood about it for years after being freed later on...
    Actually, I was thinking that Warren could keep his metal wings if the death personality was erased. And, if I'm interpreting your post correctly, I don't see why Warren would brood about being freed from Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Poor Warren can't catch a break. I have money on him killing Apocalypse.
    Could be. Nate, and or Legion sure seem to be the ones against Apocalypse, and the AoA characters. If Apocalypse does die, would it be Banshee who becomes the new Apocalypse since he was recently the Horseman of Death, and Warren would maybe no longer be in line to succeed him?

And it's hard to tell from just small panels of art teases, but it does seem as though the Horseman of Salvation and the X-Men will be enemies. Partly because if it is Nate that has Apocalypse, he also has Kitty, and the X-Men will want her back. And partly because these Horseman may be mind controlled villains.

Still disappointed about getting an Archangel as Horseman rehash story.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Glad I'm not the only comic nerd here amongst all the other comic nerds on this forum

Those are interesting panels that you have there. It's the closest thing we will ever get to Dani being with an Archangel character on panel.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-15-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

There are several people in the MU who have the Death seeds it requires to take Apocalypse's place. Yes, Banshee is one of them, but I think in this case, Archangel would get the job just because he would kill Banshee first.

Personally, I think that Warren was targeted because he's been a Horseman before and thus Nate or whoever knows that he has the right mind for it. He was actually a pretty good Apocalypse in the short time he had the job.

There are several people in the MU who have the Death seeds it requires to take Apocalypse's place. Yes, Banshee is one of them, but I think in this case, Archangel would get the job just because he would kill Banshee first.

Personally, I think that Warren was targeted because he's been a Horseman before and thus Nate or whoever knows that he has the right mind for it. He was actually a pretty good Apocalypse in the short time he had the job.
    Well great. That would mean that the two most likely outcomes for Warren in this story would be death, or turning back into Apocalypse. Aren't we just lucky

Ultimate Member

Or like I said whatever Nate does purges Warren of the Death persona, I don't have a problem with the metal wings unless they signify that he's still got the whole Death persona or whatever within him, as for the brooding bit it was more that he would have fallen for another persons promises and allowed himself to be turned into a horseman again, and for all of those promises to end up not being true, that he was an idiot...again...though there's a third option that Warren would live and go forward as wasn't the death seed totally pushed out of him by the life seed so that we got the hippie version...

Extraordinary Member

I mean, Warren's suffering is like a third of the reasons I read X-Men comics lol

I know we make jokes about "hippie Angel" and all that, and while I had a lot of fun during Aaron's run, what happened to Angel there always really, really creeper me out. Yes, he might have been a blank slate left from the destruction of the Death seed, but another interpretation can be that Warren really did suffer a complete breakdown and found it easier to regress to a childlike state than deal with what happened.

Now that I think about it, it did make it easier and more believable that the Avengers didn't do anything about it.

What I mean is, I feel like we're past "brooding" and into legitimate mental illness territory.

I don't think Nate is going to really get rid of the Death persona so much as he's going to manipulate it into something different but no less dangerous.

Ultimate Member

Not sure that he'd be able to manipulate the death persona, after all if he had that power then it'd be easier for Nate to just get rid of it rather than allow it to remain and possibly betray him later on...guess Nate "calls" his horsemen to him, only reason that Warren would leave Betsy like that...she'll be mad though I doubt for terribly long once she finds out why...

I mean, Warren's suffering is like a third of the reasons I read X-Men comics lol

I know we make jokes about "hippie Angel" and all that, and while I had a lot of fun during Aaron's run, what happened to Angel there always really, really creeper me out. Yes, he might have been a blank slate left from the destruction of the Death seed, but another interpretation can be that Warren really did suffer a complete breakdown and found it easier to regress to a childlike state than deal with what happened.

Now that I think about it, it did make it easier and more believable that the Avengers didn't do anything about it.

What I mean is, I feel like we're past "brooding" and into legitimate mental illness territory.

I don't think Nate is going to really get rid of the Death persona so much as he's going to manipulate it into something different but no less dangerous.
    Yeah, Warren's best stories usually involve some form of suffering or being inured mentally. I just don't want him to die, or turn into Apocalypse again.

I think that at this point, it probably is best to think that the Hippie Angel personality was caused by Warren having a complete psychological meltdown because of the way that he killed all of those people, even if he was possessed.

You could be correct about Nate/Legion wanting to manipulate the Death personality of Warren.

But,I think that Nate/Legion may actually want a true Horseman of Life as part of his Horseman. Warren still has a lot of X's on his new Horseman uniform. I think that Warren may be turned into some sort of character who believes that he is fighting the good fight, only he's become a tyrant who is trying to force his idea of what is right onto people who don't agree with him. Sort of the way certain religious groups think that their way is the only right one.

Not sure that he'd be able to manipulate the death persona, after all if he had that power then it'd be easier for Nate to just get rid of it rather than allow it to remain and possibly betray him later on...guess Nate "calls" his horsemen to him, only reason that Warren would leave Betsy like that...she'll be mad though I doubt for terribly long once she finds out why...
    I guess that it depends on what Nate or possibly a Legion controlled Nate wants to do with Warren. If he wants a brutal killer type he would probably just leave the Death persona intact to manipulate, as Rosebunse thinks. There would be no need to replace it in that case.

If Nate can rid Warren of the death personality, I think that he could also be able to make sure that Archangel wouldn't betray him later on. But who knows? Maybe Apocalypse even regains control of Warren.

And as for Betsy, well she may still care about him as she is shown as being concerned about him in the Uncanny issue 2 preview. Or this could ne the situation that finally drives Psylocke away from Archangel, in the unlikely event that Warren actually isn't under some form of mental control.

Ultimate Member

Well again I don't see him just leaving if he wasn't under someone's control that he couldn't do anything about-as even Betsy could tell that he was talking to someone so it's not just him leaving of his own accord imho..., I don't think that anything will finally drive her away for good...if that whole Antarctica mess didn't push Gambit and Rogue apart forever this won't for W/B...and odd how the other X-Men don't seem to care terribly much about Warren, just lumping him in with all the others...

Though if Legion could control Warren and others to that degree about getting rid of or controlling the Death person, which needs to be totally gone from Warren's life, it's now as bad as the Phoenix is for Jean...

Well again I don't see him just leaving if he wasn't under someone's control that he couldn't do anything about-as even Betsy could tell that he was talking to someone so it's not just him leaving of his own accord imho..., I don't think that anything will finally drive her away for good...if that whole Antarctica mess didn't push Gambit and Rogue apart forever this won't for W/B...and odd how the other X-Men don't seem to care terribly much about Warren, just lumping him in with all the others...

Though if Legion could control Warren and others to that degree about getting rid of or controlling the Death person, which needs to be totally gone from Warren's life, it's now as bad as the Phoenix is for Jean...
    Well, Warren could have already been working for Nate, Legion, or who ever he was talking to. Maybe he was a sleeper agent already. Like I said, I doubt it, but you never know. It would definitely make me unhappy if I were right though.

I'm trying not to spoil things, but If you read the preview for issue 2 you find out what the other X-Men think about Warren's disappearance.

And for the thousandth time, I agree with you about the Death persona turning into Warren's Phoenix. It definitely needs to be done away with. That's what I'm wishing for the Horseman of Life story will do, but I'm not getting my hopes up. That would be the only thing that would make me happy to see Warren in another Horseman story.

Extraordinary Member

I like the Death persona, especially with how it's been played recently. It's treated as being much more debilitating and almost reads more like a mental illness-

Holy ****, it is like the Phoenox! And I never really liked the Phoenix. But Death is fun.

The X-Men not being more concerned about his disappearance is especially troubling because, well, Warren actually is absurdly dangerous. It's actually sort of funny, but he could actually wipe out the planet if he put his mind to it.

Of course, Betsy was the only one there on the receiving end of that one. But I think there's been a bit of foreshadowing that Warren isn't exactly OK right now.