Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well to me allying himself with Betsy and getting more than a kiss from her and going forward with them together, maybe leading their own team, or going on a vacation with her would be something of a reward...
    Huh, well Logan, it looks like I some how missed putting your quote in with my last response to Rosebunse and Izanami, or botched it in some other fashion. I kind of wondered why you didn't respond to my non-existent post. It's because it didn't exist .

Originally I hadn't intended to ask you about what kind of team that you wanted to put Warren and Betsy on togather, as I feel as if we have gone in circles about this. But, I will take the bait. If you could have Archangel and Psylocke lead a team, who would be on it, and what would make them different from every other X-team out there. Just for some harmless fan speculation.

I do have to say however, that I have seen an interview from Thompson that Psylocke would be part of Uncanny X-Men's roster. She didn't mention Warren at all. Now it could be a situation where the writer is just trying to avoid spoilers, but I kind of doubt it seeing as Warren has been shown on a cover featuring the Horseman. So don't get your hopes up or get mad if your idea isn't what happens in a comic. This is just for some harmless fan speculation.

Really, I had originally meant to respond to your post by saying that if I could put Archangel on a team, I would it involve the Sleeper mutants. It would be a team made up of new characters from the ranks of the Sleeper mutants. Maybe Warren could move the Sleepers in a different direction than what Xorn seemed to be attempting. I read Xorn as wanting to keep the Sleepers as a peaceful group in Tibet. Maybe instead, Archangel makes the Sleepers a little more violent. He could use the Sleepers' base in Tibet as a third alternative to the X-Men and their school and Magneto on Asteroid M.
    And I don't expect that this idea will ever happen. It's just some fan talk.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't put Warren on a team with the Sleepers somewhat because they'd be characters that would disappear the second that the book was done those Sleepers would be gone if the book would even sell very well...as for a roster at the moment put W/B as team leaders and then maybe start with Kurt, Warpath, Siryn, and another character or two, maybe a younger character that would then not be portrayed as being all that...and yeah I don't expect my idea of a team to happen, I just don't want stupid reasons being used to keep Warren either in limbo or unavailable, or one or both stuck in some "NEW AND EXCITING" new romance, note the sarcasm...one that would only last like 6 issues before it was over and then rarely if ever brought up again, though they've said that there'll be three teams so while W/B might not be on the same team they could still be together, but again I won't be holding my breath...

BANNED

Even tho he won't be starring in it, like SO many others, keepin' my fingers X'd that WW3 will have a good showing in Disassembled.

Ultimate Member

And then in Age of X or whatever it's called that comes after it...

I wouldn't put Warren on a team with the Sleepers somewhat because they'd be characters that would disappear the second that the book was done those Sleepers would be gone if the book would even sell very well...as for a roster at the moment put W/B as team leaders and then maybe start with Kurt, Warpath, Siryn, and another character or two, maybe a younger character that would then not be portrayed as being all that...and yeah I don't expect my idea of a team to happen, I just don't want stupid reasons being used to keep Warren either in limbo or unavailable, or one or both stuck in some "NEW AND EXCITING" new romance, note the sarcasm...one that would only last like 6 issues before it was over and then rarely if ever brought up again, though they've said that there'll be three teams so while W/B might not be on the same team they could still be together, but again I won't be holding my breath...
    Firstly Logan, my post that you originally responded to reads meaner than I intended it to, so I apologise for that.

I still think Warren leading a new team made up of the Sleeper mutants could still lead to some new stories that could be interesting, in my opinion. And I don't think about sales when I try to come up with an idea. I'm not trying to pitch an idea to an editor that I think will sale large numbers of comics for 50 or so issues. I'm just offering some ideas just for the fun of it. And I'm not sure how my idea would keep Warren in limbo or unavailable to use.

Now as for your team, I like the characters. But, I am still interested in what idea you have for them that would make your team stand out from the others. What would be their mission statement.

As far as characters being involved in "New AND EXCITING" new romance as you put it, well there are plenty of good examples of new romances that worked out. Starting of with Scott and Emma. And Monet and Sabretooth have had a relationship that has spanned multiple comics now. And for as short as Domino and Colossus lasted, it still get's mentioned in other comics. And even you have admitted that you enjoyed teen Angel/X-23.

I get that you only like Archangel/Psylocke, and to a point I'm fine with that. Every one has a right to their opinion. You can just take things a little to personally when it comes to Psylocke/Archangel, Logan. I used to like them to, and I would hate for some one to be afraid to post in this thread because they are afraid to be made fun of for liking Archangel Psylocke. There are currently plenty of other appreciation threads for some of my other favorite characters that I don't bother to post in even if I do agree with the points that are being made, because the **** can get nasty in there. I don't want that to happen in this thread.
    So if you are a member or an unregistered lurker, don't be afraid to post here if you like Psylocke/Archangel and are afraid of being made fun of for it.

But I also don't want fans to get turned off from posting here because they may have a new idea and don't want to get beat down for it.

I wouldn't even want someone to be afraid to post here because they like Angel/Husk and are afraid to say so. Hell, I wasn't even fond of Angel/Husk there at the end, but at this point I would take Angel/Husk back if it lead to interesting new stories, despite how that one mid-air sex scene in front of Husk's mom completely blew that story to hell. Poor Husk. She still hasn't completely recovered from that mid-air sex scene.

But anyway aLogan, I wouldn't want for you or any other person to be afraid to post in this thread because that someone had ideas that most people didn't agree with. That **** happens in to many other threads.

There. my drunken rant is over. Hope that I didn't offend any person.

Editoring: despite mY posting, this wasn't an attack on you Logan, and I hope you don't take it personally. We are still cool I hopre
    AnD I that hopes this made this makes sense to any others who reads it
    Last edited by Thievery; 10-21-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Even tho he won't be starring in it, like SO many others, keepin' my fingers X'd that WW3 will have a good showing in Disassembled.
    And then in Age of X or whatever it's called that comes after it...
    I agree with these also. Just forgot to say so in my last post. I think that both of you are right, or at least hope so.

BANNED

That's RIGHT, somehow this:

... totally slipped my mind. ThanX for the reminder.

So like Bobby, he should at least have a fairly prominent role, Mags too. Lorna just recently got a mention from Kelly T., and was shown in the teaser along with Dazz & Sunfire, who I eXpect will also be present & accounted for. That just leaves DaniLock as the remaining, big ?, for me. 'Yana & Rahne were both pictured in the teaser, which hardly makes it a sure thing, but does give a l'il hope to hang onto.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-21-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Firstly Logan, my post that you originally responded to reads meaner than I intended it to, so I apologise for that.

I still think Warren leading a new team made up of the Sleeper mutants could still lead to some new stories that could be interesting, in my opinion. And I don't think about sales when I try to come up with an idea. I'm not trying to pitch an idea to an editor that I think will sale large numbers of comics for 50 or so issues. I'm just offering some ideas just for the fun of it. And I'm not sure how my idea would keep Warren in limbo or unavailable to use.

Now as for your team, I like the characters. But, I am still interested in what idea you have for them that would make your team stand out from the others. What would be their mission statement.

As far as characters being involved in "New AND EXCITING" new romance as you put it, well there are plenty of good examples of new romances that worked out. Starting of with Scott and Emma. And Monet and Sabretooth have had a relationship that has spanned multiple comics now. And for as short as Domino and Colossus lasted, it still get's mentioned in other comics. And even you have admitted that you enjoyed teen Angel/X-23.

I get that you only like Archangel/Psylocke, and to a point I'm fine with that. Every one has a right to their opinion. You can just take things a little to personally when it comes to Psylocke/Archangel, Logan. I used to like them to, and I would hate for some one to be afraid to post in this thread because they are afraid to be made fun of for liking Archangel Psylocke. There are currently plenty of other appreciation threads for some of my other favorite characters that I don't bother to post in even if I do agree with the points that are being made, because the **** can get nasty in there. I don't want that to happen in this thread.
    So if you are a member or an unregistered lurker, don't be afraid to post here if you like Psylocke/Archangel and are afraid of being made fun of for it.

But I also don't want fans to get turned off from posting here because they may have a new idea and don't want to get beat down for it.

I wouldn't even want someone to be afraid to post here because they like Angel/Husk and are afraid to say so. Hell, I wasn't even fond of Angel/Husk there at the end, but at this point I would take Angel/Husk back if it lead to interesting new stories, despite how that one mid-air sex scene in front of Husk's mom completely blew that story to hell. Poor Husk. She still hasn't completely recovered from that mid-air sex scene.

But anyway aLogan, I wouldn't want for you or any other person to be afraid to post in this thread because that someone had ideas that most people didn't agree with. That **** happens in to many other threads.

There. my drunken rant is over. Hope that I didn't offend any person.

Editoring: despite mY posting, this wasn't an attack on you Logan, and I hope you don't take it personally. We are still cool I hopre
    AnD I that hopes this made this makes sense to any others who reads it
    I didn't like Warren and Paige together but I've never gone after a poster personally for if they liked the pairing, the new and exciting pairings that I don't like are the ones that you can tell are doomed to fail before they even start and then are just moved on from, but for a time it has some fans and end up seeming to only pass the time for said characters...and Scott and Emma if memory serves had Marvel's big support behind it which is a whole different thing...

As for you Arch, twenty lashes for you, twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    That's RIGHT, somehow this:

... totally slipped my mind. ThanX for the reminder.

So like Bobby, he should at least have a fairly prominent role, Mags too. Lorna just recently got a mention from Kelly T., and was shown in the teaser along with Dazz & Sunfire, who I eXpect will also be present & accounted for. That just leaves DaniLock as the remaining, big ?, for me. 'Yana & Rahne were both pictured in the teaser, which hardly makes it a sure thing, but does give a l'il hope to hang onto.

Yeah, that cover is what lead to all the Psylocke saves Archangel from being a Horseman speculation. Not what I would have wanted, but it may be what we are getting. And it would seem to set Angel up to have a small, but maybe relevant role in the opening arch of Uncanny as well. As long as he doesn't die as being part of this Horseman story again. We will see, I guess. I haven't seen him on an Age of X cover though.

I think that DaniLock may last a little longer before being resolved in Uncanny. My guess would be that she comes out of the TO story more than the other characters, just because she was infected longer. That and she doesn't currently have any mutant powers. The TO stuff could possibly take the place of her mutant powers.

I didn't like Warren and Paige together but I've never gone after a poster personally for if they liked the pairing, the new and exciting pairings that I don't like are the ones that you can tell are doomed to fail before they even start and then are just moved on from, but for a time it has some fans and end up seeming to only pass the time for said characters...and Scott and Emma if memory serves had Marvel's big support behind it which is a whole different thing...

As for you Arch, twenty lashes for you, twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you...
    Sorry for the misunderstanding Logan. I wasn't referring to you about Husk. I had just read more than a few threads here on CBR where people who don't follow what is considered to be the orthodox view of a character get mangled. I like it when I see opinions different from mine, but I saw some threads where people weren't really having a debate so much as some members were mauling others, and it made me a little upset. I probably shouldn't have let it bother me so much, but I had a little to drink. Not a good ecscuse though.

Any how, I am still curios as to what you would do with the roster of characters that you suggested for Archangel and Psylocke to become leaders of. You have a certain idea or story in mind?

Ultimate Member

Well I'd mix their worlds, have a kind of mixing of The Mummy movies(not the Tom Cruise one), Mr. And Mrs. Smith, True Lies...so the team would span the globe doing missions all over the place that wouldn't just be against baddie mutants but maybe throw in a bit of supernatural stuff here and there, maybe a Crimson Dawn baddie with his hordes, though that could copy X-treme a bit but without the big separation, a bit of the A-team as well, the team would be a special ops team of sorts but not a kill squad like X-Force has been...basically the team would be at some high society function one night and in the middle of the jungle freeing hostages from some warlord the next...

Yeah Arch, we're good...

I'd also have a bit of the team's home life as well, maybe a big team that would mix and match for whatever the mission was, maybe Warren would take a team for one job and then Betsy the next, though no white picket fence stuff really, just that the team would have a life outside of the team which could cause it's own drama...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 10-22-2018 at 12:38 PM.

You didn't offend anyone @ArchAngelSliver. I do enjoy hearing other peoples ideas even if they are nothing that I would do. Everyone has different tastes and it's important to respect that. So let the ideas flow out and share them. No hate people.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Well I'd mix their worlds, have a kind of mixing of The Mummy movies(not the Tom Cruise one), Mr. And Mrs. Smith, True Lies...so the team would span the globe doing missions all over the place that wouldn't just be against baddie mutants but maybe throw in a bit of supernatural stuff here and there, maybe a Crimson Dawn baddie with his hordes, though that could copy X-treme a bit but without the big separation, a bit of the A-team as well, the team would be a special ops team of sorts but not a kill squad like X-Force has been...basically the team would be at some high society function one night and in the middle of the jungle freeing hostages from some warlord the next...

Yeah Arch, we're good...

I'd also have a bit of the team's home life as well, maybe a big team that would mix and match for whatever the mission was, maybe Warren would take a team for one job and then Betsy the next, though no white picket fence stuff really, just that the team would have a life outside of the team which could cause it's own drama...
    Hey, great. You've come around to the idea that Warren would work well in horror and supernatural stories. And just in time for Halloween. What ideas for those supernatural stories you got. Maybe going by your roster, a supernatural story involving Siryn as the Morrigan.

I think that I may have mentioned this before, but my idea for a Halloween story would involve Maximus Lobo. I don't particularly care for the character, but he is a werewolf. I would have him develop a secondary mutation where if he bites someone, that person would also become a mutant werewolf. It isn't very creative, especially considering that the inhumans just had their terrigan cloud, but at least cannibalistic werewolves fit in with Halloween. Still thinking about this, and I'm not sure if the idea has been used already. And really, every time that I think that I an idea, I realize that someone has already used it.

Maybe you could use Danilock and the TO infected New Mutants instead of the Lobo werewolves. It might be a way to get Dani free of the TO stuff, and I would like that, seeing as how I am still with the Dani/Archangel ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You didn't offend anyone @ArchAngelSliver. I do enjoy hearing other peoples ideas even if they are nothing that I would do. Everyone has different tastes and it's important to respect that. So let the ideas flow out and share them. No hate people.
    Yeah. Sometimes these forums can be tough to read when someone doesn't go along with the crowd.

Ultimate Member

I don't remember saying that he wouldn't work well in horror and such I just didn't want him to get stuck in those stories, more like use them here and there like sprinkles on cookies or something...though no I HATE the whole Morrigan mess and would just get rid of it the first chance that I could...my real team for the supernatural stuff in the Marvel U would be lead by Storm and Forge and would include Kurt and Warpath and Siryn, as she already had that side of her a bit in her name, with Warren being able to help from time to time...

Maybe they could play up the whole Christmas theme coming up by having Warren save a baby or something...given his angelic appearance and all with his wings and such...

I don't remember saying that he wouldn't work well in horror and such I just didn't want him to get stuck in those stories, more like use them here and there like sprinkles on cookies or something...though no I HATE the whole Morrigan mess and would just get rid of it the first chance that I could...my real team for the supernatural stuff in the Marvel U would be lead by Storm and Forge and would include Kurt and Warpath and Siryn, as she already had that side of her a bit in her name, with Warren being able to help from time to time...

Maybe they could play up the whole Christmas theme coming up by having Warren save a baby or something...given his angelic appearance and all with his wings and such...
    Given that your idea for your Psylocke/Archangel led team would deal with supernatural situations, and Siryn is on your team, I would have thought that one of your supernatural stories would involve the team freeing Terry from being Morrigan.

Angel would fit into a Christmas theme.For your Christmas story, what would Warren be saving your Christmas baby from. Would it be some kind of supernatural/religious Christmas story? Or would it sort of be like that story from Marvels where Warren saves that child from anti-mutant bigots? Or would it be some kind of supervillain that Archangel saves said Christmas baby from.

Ultimate Member

Well my main idea for a Warren and Betsy lead team would not have them dealing with the supernatural and Terry would be on it however the whole Morrigan mess would have been long gone if I could have gotten rid of it...along with Warpath of course, nah Warren saving a baby would just be about the time of year that he was doing it and that the fact that he looks like an angel, nothing really supernatural past the obvious needed...