Page 95 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1681

I just saw the Uncanny X-Men cover with the Horseman of Salvation on it. I'll give the story a chance, but it doesn't give me hope that Warren is involved in yet another Horseman story. Wish that Marvel would do some thing new with him. Hopefully this has to do with Legion doing some sort of reality changing story.

And,I have to say that the costume he is wearing isn't very good.

I'm also disappointed that not only is Warren involved in another Horseman story, but he is shown on a cover fighting Psylocke again. In my opinion rehash stories like this are a good reason for Angel to be kept in separate stories from Psylocke.

EDIT: These are just my opinions.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-18-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I just saw the Uncanny X-Men cover with the Horseman of Salvation on it. I'll give the story a chance, but it doesn't give me hope that Warren is involved in yet another Horseman story. Wish that Marvel would do some thing new with him. Hopefully this has to do with Legion doing some sort of reality changing story.

And,I have to say that the costume he is wearing isn't very good.

I'm also disappointed that not only is Warren involved in another Horseman story, but he is shown on a cover fighting Psylocke again. In my opinion rehash stories like this are a good reason for Angel to be kept in separate stories from Psylocke.
    Im also sick of them telling different variations of the same story with those two. I need them in sepreate books

These are the Horsemen of Salvation, or something like that, though. It may be that they're going to use that to finally let Warren get some balance. But, oh dear, that mohawk. I like his hair longer, but *eep*.

Seems the Psylocke fans mostly agree with keeping Warren away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    These are the Horsemen of Salvation, or something like that, though. It may be that they're going to use that to finally let Warren get some balance. But, oh dear, that mohawk. I like his hair longer, but *eep*.

Seems the Psylocke fans mostly agree with keeping Warren away from her.
    Yeah, I get that these are meant to be Horseman of Salvation, but I'd still rather see adult Angel get something non Apocalypse related.
    Other than Legion doing some alternate reality, AoA story with the Horseman, maybe I can hold out hope that Angel is working for X-Man and not Apocalypse.

And yeah, I know that Angel/Betsy still have some fans, but I think the majority of either Psylocke or Angel fans on this forum would like to see them move on from each other and onto something new.

It certainly looks like he's working for X-man, to me. The guy in the robe certainly seems to be Nate.

It certainly looks like he's working for X-man, to me. The guy in the robe certainly seems to be Nate.
    Do you mean the guy on the Uncanny cover or the cover with Jesus X-Man?
    I'm still not sure if Angel being a Horseman is good even if it is Nate.
    It seems a little strange to see Angel as a horseman with characters who appear to be Omega Red and Blob.

The only good thing about Angel's outfit on the Uncanny cover, to me at least, is that the costume at least looks a little angelic/ supernatural, kind of the way that some of us have been talking about in this thread.

And these are just my opinions.

Do you mean the guy on the Uncanny cover or the cover with Jesus X-Man?
    I think they're the same guy.

We know so little about the story, I really don't have a clue if it's good or bad, so I'm choosing to be hopeful.

The costume is... very un-Warren like. Very primitive. Other than the hair, I don't know how I feel about it, yet.

I think they're the same guy.

We know so little about the story, I really don't have a clue if it's good or bad, so I'm choosing to be hopeful.

The costume is... very un-Warren like. Very primitive. Other than the hair, I don't know how I feel about it, yet.
    Yeah, I'm going to give the story a chance as well. Really, I don't like to judge comics by their covers, but I'm just so tired of Angel/ Horseman stories, as well as Angel/Psylocke fighting each other stories.

And I think the primitive nature of Angel's costume is an attempt to make him look like a more old world, bible looking Angel character. I don't mind the idea of doing some thing like that, but this outfit just doesn't do it for me. Maybe the outfit will grow on me. I actually have a bigger problem with the boots and legs than the mohawk.

This is just my opinion.

I feel like his costume leans towards the God Of War IV department. He has fur, barely any armor, Viking type mohawk with long hair (missing the beard), and a gladius. Not sure what he is doing with a roman foot soldier type weapon but okay.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I feel like Jesus-Nate is going to become some sort of meme. My guess is that they are the ones against Apocalypse. Maybe Warren will have good development and the cover is just a way to mislead the readers for solicits.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I feel like his costume leans towards the God Of War IV department. He has fur, barely any armor, Viking type mohawk with long hair (missing the beard), and a gladius. Not sure what he is doing with a roman foot soldier type weapon but okay.
    I'm not much of a gamer, so I've got no idea if his outfit is God of war inspired.

Did ancient warriors from ancient Turkey, Greece or what is now called the Middle East have a mohawk type of haircut? That might make his hair cut make sense.

If you are referring to the short sword being Roman, well Roman soldiers are mentioned frequently in the New Testament. No idea how the fur fits in though. And I thought the fur on Angel's boots was actually feathers.

Do you recognize what the tattoo's might be inspired by. Or are they just artist created tattoo's to fit the Horseman of Salvation characters.

I feel like Jesus-Nate is going to become some sort of meme. My guess is that they are the ones against Apocalypse. Maybe Warren will have good development and the cover is just a way to mislead the readers for solicits.
    Jesus-Nate should definitely become a meme.

Yeah, I am hoping that the Horseman are against Apocalypse and are with Jesus Nate also. Angels and Jesus fit togather And I do want to give the story a fair chance and not just go off of the cover.

It just upsets me a little to see Angel in more Horseman stories, and with Psylocke. Again

Any ideas as to how Omega Red or Blob would fit with Jesus Nate? Assuming that Omega Red and Blob are two of the Horseman of Salvation.

1. I'm not much of a gamer, so I've got no idea if his outfit is God of war inspired.
    2. Did ancient warriors from ancient Turkey, Greece or what is now called the Middle East have a mohawk type of haircut? That might make his hair cut make sense.
    3. If you are referring to the short sword being Roman, well Roman soldiers are mentioned frequently in the New Testament. No idea how the fur fits in though. And I thought the fur on Angel's boots was actually feathers.
    4. Yeah, I am hoping that the Horseman is against Apocalypse and are with Jesus Nate also. Angels and Jesus fit togather And I do want to give the story a fair chance and not just go off of the cover.
    5. It just upsets me a little to see Angel in more Horseman stories, and with Psylocke. Again
    6. Any ideas as to how Omega Red or Blob would fit with Jesus Nate? Assuming that Omega Red and Blob are two of the Horseman of Salvation.
    1. So God of War IV takes place in Norse Mythology. The outfit Warren is wearing is similar to Baldur, Thor's sons (Magni and Modi), and everyone else in that world. Let me find some art. His tattoos look to be similarly inspired but simplified. You can google search God of War IV and you may get what I mean.
    2.No the did not but the mohawk and similar type of haircuts have been found in fantasy type setting usually associated with Barbarians, there are exceptions though.
    3. The short sword is a Roman weapon called a Gladius. I recognize it very well.

4. Covers can be easily misleading. For all I know this story may be an alternate reality kind or a way to change things up once the status quo has been established. We have to wait 2 months which isn't bad.
    5. Until we can get some writers and editors to move away and find a satisfying spin to the character we can just make up stories in this thread.
    6. I think its a situation where they thought of characters who would be cool as horsemen or give others a shot.

1. So God of War IV takes place in Norse Mythology. The outfit Warren is wearing is similar to Baldur, Thor's sons (Magni and Modi), and everyone else in that world. Let me find some art. His tattoos look to be similarly inspired but simplified. You can google search God of War IV and you may get what I mean.
    2.No the did not but the mohawk and similar type of haircuts have been found in fantasy type setting usually associated with Barbarians, there are exceptions though.
    3. The short sword is a Roman weapon called a Gladius. I recognize it very well.

4. Covers can be easily misleading. For all I know this story may be an alternate reality kind or a way to change things up once the status quo has been established. We have to wait 2 months which isn't bad.
    5. Until we can get some writers and editors to move away and find a satisfying spin to the character we can just make up stories in this thread.
    6. I think its a situation where they thought of characters who would be cool as horsemen or give others a shot.
    1. Thank you. I did not know that God of War took place in Norse Mythology and that is where the costume came from. It helps me to understand what the inspiration came from, and like it a bit more. It does eliminate the idea of Angel's costume being bible based though. Not that it makes me completely unhappy though.

If the costume comes from some form of Norse mythology, well it should make people in this thread happy, as we have been speculating as to how Angel would fit togather with Moonstar, who has ties to Norse mythology .

2.again thanks.

3. I thought that you might be referring to the Roman gladius. I agree with you that the Roman sword doesn't fit the rest of the costume now. Maybe it is meant to be Norse and the artist just drew it a little short. Unless the Vikings have some sort of short sword that I am unaware of. I believe that they used battle axes and long swords or even two handed- swords if I recall my history correctly

4. You are correct about the covers being misleading. That's why I don't like to judge comics by cover, or solicitation before reading them For all that we know, there really isn't even a fight between Angel and Psylocke doesn't happen, or plays a small role in the story.

5. I have now become more interested in speculating about the Horseman of Salvation more than any thing right now.

6.If all the Horseman costumes are based on Norse mythology or fantasy video games, Omega Red , if that is him, would make sense as a Horseman of Salvation, if that's who they are. The Russians have ties to the Vikings. That's where the name Rus comes from if I remember correctly. The Rus were a tribe of Vikings if I recall correctly.

And really, the idea that the Horseman of Salvation having ties to Jesus Nate is only fan speculation at this point.

These are just my opinions.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-18-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Let me just get my history book. :P
    Norse mythology comes from the Germanic people that inhabited what is now Europe. Despite how fantastical it sounds they have had contact with the Roman Empire (mostly due to occupation). One example is the battle between Julius Caesar and the Gauls. If you have ever read the comic Asterix. This is the time period the story is based on. It makes sense if you look at it in a historical perspective. They got revenge on the western roman empire if any are familiar with the sacking of rome and so forth. There is a reason why Vandals and Barbarians are words used today.

Ultimate Member

Hope it's not actually Warren, as for the bit with Betsy, well she did kill him with the life seed or whatever...though it does seem odd why he would suddenly just change, unless X or someone else is behind it, again with Betsy there's nothing wrong with the pair, it's just that seemingly Marvel won't let them both move forward together...

Maybe the horsemen that we're seeing are from the AoA verse...or something along those lines...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 09-18-2018 at 07:33 PM.