Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Ken Lashley's Archangel & Psylocke spread from UXM #6.
    ...and now with psychic butterfly pink colour!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Nice looking page, here's hoping that it amounts to more than just a recap page or something like that and brings the real Warren back, leaving the two to then have a really long talk before sometime later getting back together, like months later in realtime and all...

BANNED

Seems like this year will mark his presence full force!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-05-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I just hope if Bunn does bring him back, he has him do more than just having him look like a sexy bastard standing in the sexy background, looking all sexy and stuff. Sexy.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Ultimate Member

Right now that's probably about as much as he's going to do outside of this initial arc given that this is still Magneto's book and Bunn seems intent on pushing the other characters and the roster has a good number of characters, but yeah I'm hoping he does big things as well, just not going to hold my breath over it...

Wow that Land cover for UXM #7 is excellent! Love how Magneto bridges the light and the dark over Angel/Archangel. I have been thinking I like Lashley's art more than Land's but that cover is not half bad I was not keeping up with the Marvel news so I was surprised to see Archangel turn up in the new series by Bunn, so far so good imo because I really like that conflict between the compassion of the healers vs the Darwinistic Night Riders. Same conflict as Angel/Archangel! I read Bunn likes the Archangel version of the character best, we'll see how it goes. I'm not opposed to that but I hope they don't shut the door on Angel entirely. Post-death Angel had healing powers remember.

Agent MM you should definitely read X Factor for Warren's story, it really set everything in motion about modern Archangel stories. I think you have to get into a number of issues before the Archangel stuff gets rolling in X Factor, a lot of the beginning is about finding Jean (I like her friendship with Warren though).

Ultimate Member

As of now Bunn's version of Archangel is pretty much nothing but a mindless drone...not sure if he's going to change that much if any...

There must be more to it. Bunn wasn't handed drone Archangel by another writer and I doubt it's a mandate. He must have some reason for all the mystery behind what happened. Whether things changr for better or worse we will see

Ultimate Member

Hopefully there is I just don't want him to stay as a drone or be the boring old NuAngel version that he's been lately but the real Warren...

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Ultimate Member

Nice art but not sure really what it means as it could all be in Betsy's head as she tries to work through her thoughts and feelings about Warren...the worst thing would be that Bunn would push the idea that she was finally over him or something like that...here's hoping that the real Warren returns before the two get back together eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post

UNCANNY X-MEN #7
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • KEN LASHLEY (A)
    Cover by Greg Land
    AGE OF APOCALYPSE VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Sook
    "APOCALYPSE WARS" CONTINUES!
    • Fearing their teammate Archangel has once more fallen under the sway of the villainous Apocalypse, Psylocke and Magneto have embarked on a mission to save his life.
    • But they're about to make a discovery that will make them doubt everything they thought they knew!
    • Meanwhile, Sabretooth and M make a horrifying discovery of their own in the Morlock Tunnels beneath New York City...

I really like this cover, especially the stained glass window.
    Reminds me of the miniseries ANGEL:REVELATIONS by Robert Aguirre-Sacasa and Adam Pollina. How was that story?
    http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Angel-Re.../dp/0785132945
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-22-2016 at 02:13 PM.

I never read Angel: Revelations but I always liked the art from it.

LoganAlpha, if we see Archangel after the Apocalypse Wars are done then that's a good sign. Let's stay tuned

Ultimate Member

Perhaps, though we don't know right now whether it'd just be a drone like it is now or the real Warren, but yeah we'll have to wait and see...I'm tired of the NuAngel junk and the drone junk...

On the topic of the Angel: Revelations mini; I liked it, though it was a lot of odd semi-retconning (Xavier sort of contacts him way before the original origin would have that happen, small other things). His father also refers to his mother as "Margaret" at one point on the phone, though she's Kathryn as usual in the first issue. I also think it would have made more sense if maybe his friend in the book was Hodge rather than a random new character, since it was established canon that he was old school friends with Hodge. The reason behind the boarding school fire is made part of a bizarre subplot.

I might sound like I'm being super critical, but you'll understand if you read it. I actually recommend it. It's fun.

Back to UXM: I don't really care at this point how we get the real Warren/Archangel back, only that we do. Beautiful art is a bonus. I do think the drone situation is interesting though. I kind of like him being a deadly secret weapon for the team, waiting for the word to attack. At least he's being used regularly again finally!
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me