Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1681
    Ultimate Member

I think that it would work best for Warren if Nate took the darker side of himself out and gave it a physical form making it an entirely different character, leaving Warren truly himself and allowing him to move on, though with Betsy imho and then have neither need the other to stay normal or whatever or serve as a crutch for both, give them something new together and Warren would be fine as would Betsy, something new interesting and meaningful...have them co lead a team...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I can see Warren going darker, if only because of his social standing. He’s from a world of privilege. He thought his name and personal wealth would shield him from the trials and tribulations most mutants had to deal with, and it’s true, for the most part. He has always been beautiful. He has always been wealthy. It wasn’t until he joined a pro-mutant cause that he became a target. He’s been tortured physically and mentally. Been mutilated multiple, multiple times. I can see him joining Emma, if only to surround himself with other Mutants who are used to being in a similar socioeconomic class.
    Well, I enjoy stories about Warren being mutilated and tortured before winning a fight.

You really seem to be into the idea of Warren teaming with Emma. Do you have any ideas as to what else might draw them to work togather besides their social standing? And what would you like to see them accomplish togather, with or without their money? I'm not asking to be critical of you. I'm just genuinely curious about what stories you envision them in togather.

I still prefer to see Warren end up with Dani Moonstar, even though I know it wont happen on panel. And that's more of a pet ship of mine. I just like to be a broken record about it, and slip it in when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Warren being a mentally shaky character would be awesome, but it should be because he is mentally shaky because of everything he's been through, not because of an outside force like Pooky seeds trying to make him flip every month.
    At this point, he feels like a male version of a female character that is written as emotionally unstable. He might as well be on his period. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Bunn version is the one that works the best. Instead of fighting Archangel, Warren needs to accept it and deal. I do think the way writers have him now is a bit BS bc its regression. Theres no reason why he cant control himself
    Agreed. I feel that he needs to leave the X-Men and go into the wider MU. I enjoyed him with the Champions and Defenders and he meshes well with other characters. For once I would love to see Warren team up with Wanda, Strange, Black Widow, Bucky, Hulk, Hercules, Fantastic 4, and so on. Seriously Warren's best moments was when he was written away from the X-Men or a small satellite book.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, I enjoy stories about Warren being mutilated and tortured before winning a fight.

You really seem to be into the idea of Warren teaming with Emma. Do you have any ideas as to what else might draw them to work togather besides their social standing? And what would you like to see them accomplish togather, with or without their money? I'm not asking to be critical of you. I'm just genuinely curious about what stories you envision them in togather.

I still prefer to see Warren end up with Dani Moonstar, even though I know it wont happen on panel. And that's more of a pet ship of mine. I just like to be a broken record about it, and slip it in when I can.

Honestly, I want to see an outgrowth of Warren that doesn’t involve him being mutilated. I want to see his background in industry and corporate America explored. Maybe form a school of his own, instead of calling them the Hellions, naming their students the Seraphim and Nephelim. I would like to see him not deal with stories that involve mutiliating his wings, and delve into his personal reasons for advocating for mutant rights.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Well Iz he could leave the X-Men and go international along with Betsy, maybe setting up shop in London or somewhere close that would thereby allow her family to show up from time to time as Warren doesn't really have any family left of his own that he'd want to see anyway, just have them start a team together and go from there...

BANNED

I would like to see a what would happen if Warren just walked away from it all...Just leave the X-men to their messes for good.

There’s a lot of potential to mine there. Like, two of the financial backers of the X-Men, Warren & Emma, are now going up against the X-Men. It’d be nice to see them have to deal with the financial struggles.
    This would be an interesting idea to me too. Although, what other X-men are also rather rich/wealthy? Psylocke/Betsy Braddock is also quite wealthy, right?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, alright, I agree that part of the problem in regards to Warren is that he is written inconsistently from one writer to the other. And I agree that the way Bunn resolved Archangel should have been his status going forward. I don't like his constant regression either.

Now I do think that it's fair to say that he has had multiple personality issues in the past. In Astonishing under Soule, Warren was for sure having problems. He wouldn't even travel to the Astral Plain with the other X-Men because he was afraid that Archangel would be able to use the Astral Plain to get free. And he was trying to keep his temper under control. When the British soldiers shot him, He actually said that he forgave them just to keep himself from "Hulking Out", so to speak. And I believe that it was Betsy who actually had to talk Warren into turning back into Archangel. I should have read Astonishing again before responding, so I cant provide exact issue numbers. I would add X's curing Warren of his multiple personalities, but I think it's safe to say that he cant be trusted.

Now, as to whether or not Warren has ever had multiple personality issues at other points in the past, I would start with the Inferno story. Rouge tries to absorb some of Warren's power, and she finds that Warren has another personality in him, and he starts to resemble Apocalypse. And there is an old X-Factor issue where Warren isn't paying attention, and nearly hits a helicopter. It was his wings taking control that helped him avoid crashing. That's how these stories read to me.

I think that all of this points to Warren having multiple personality issues.
    But if you read things another way, that's your right. Please don't think that I am just starting a fight.

Now, I do agree that we don't know if Warren has split personality issues in Uncanny or not.
    IDA with your assessment bc there was no seperate personality in AXM. When Warren went blue, he was still Warren. "Archangel" didnt take over as some other entity. The thing that Warren was concerned about was the rage bc when he does go blue, he becomes more aggressive, but he was still very much in control. This is very different than Uncanny X-Force where it was portayed as 2 individuals sharing one body

I can see why you'd interpret it as such in the past but this is the only time he's explicitly had a split personality. Inconsistencies and all, I dont think this is how anyone is writing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Iz he could leave the X-Men and go international along with Betsy, maybe setting up shop in London or somewhere close that would thereby allow her family to show up from time to time as Warren doesn't really have any family left of his own that he'd want to see anyway, just have them start a team together and go from there...
    Disagree. He needs to be away from any relationship and Betsy. When he was part of the grander MU after leaving the X-Men we saw him interact and form bonds with various characters most notably Ben Grimm.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This would be an interesting idea to me too. Although, what other X-men are also rather rich/wealthy? Psylocke/Betsy Braddock is also quite wealthy, right?
    Betsy’s wealthy, Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Storm through T’Challa. Probably a lot more than that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Betsy’s wealthy, Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Storm through T’Challa. Probably a lot more than that.
    I wouldnt call Jean rich. Her family was middle class, upper middle class at best, and she never amassed a fortune on her own. To add to the list, Sunspot, Quentin Quire, Monet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Disagree. He needs to be away from any relationship and Betsy. When he was part of the grander MU after leaving the X-Men we saw him interact and form bonds with various characters most notably Ben Grimm.
    Being with Betsy though would not preclude him from doing any of that, if anything it would free him up as she's just as much of a world traveler as Warren is and would have her own contacts and such around the world...

Being with Betsy though would not preclude him from doing any of that, if anything it would free him up as she's just as much of a world traveler as Warren is and would have her own contacts and such around the world...
    Betsy is doing great in the current X-books. Warren needs to get out. Betsy is great where she is there is no reason to move her just because you hate her going back to being in the body that resemebles the one she was born with.

Ultimate Member

And there's no reason to suggest that she wouldn't do great elsewhere with Warren either, great right now in your opinion, with Scott back she could also get relegated to a supporting role on one of the side books, this could easily be her time in the sun for awhile as well...and there is no reason not to move her just because you love the new body either...

And there's no reason to suggest that she wouldn't do great elsewhere with Warren either, great right now in your opinion, with Scott back she could also get relegated to a supporting role on one of the side books, this could easily be her time in the sun for awhile as well...and there is no reason not to move her just because you love the new body either...
    You've literally been saying this for years yet everytime they get together its the same old routine. Theres no reason to suggest? History is the reason as we keep seeing it repeated