Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1681
    Ultimate Member

Well Austen did it during his run with Sam's brother and such doing Romeo and Juliet, then if it's mind control perhaps Betsy would take it personally to free him from it...with her saying that she's just doing it so that he's no ones puppet and the others just smiling and nodding their heads and saying..."Sure...right...." ...or not...

Sorry for the low quality but you can see some influence in Callisto's design. This movie has tons of sexual innuendos so I am not surprised if Claremont got some inspiration. :P

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Austen did it during his run with Sam's brother and such doing Romeo and Juliet, then if it's mind control perhaps Betsy would take it personally to free him from it...with her saying that she's just doing it so that he's no ones puppet and the others just smiling and nodding their heads and saying..."Sure...right...." ...or not...
    Yeah, that story with Sam's brother was pretty clearly a take on Romeo and Juliet. I think that the story was even called Romeo X.
    And I see that you would still like for a story where Psylocke frees Angel from mental control. I'm starting to have to admire your determination on this. If Warren is under mind control, have you come up with a new way for Psylocke to free Angel from Nate and/or Legion's mental control. If it is Psylocke who saves him, and not himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Sorry for the low quality but you can see some influence in Callisto's design. This movie has tons of sexual innuendos so I am not surprised if Claremont got some inspiration. :P

Thank you for that clip. It definitely has the sexual under tones that Claremont likes. Cant complain though, as I'm not one for reading puritanical comics or stories.
    The clip is definitely kinda goofy though. Is it deliberately meant to be kind of goofy, sort of like Monte Python's Holy Grail.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, that story with Sam's brother was pretty clearly a take on Romeo and Juliet. I think that the story was even called Romeo X.
    And I see that you would still like for a story where Psylocke frees Angel from mental control. I'm starting to have to admire your determination on this. If Warren is under mind control, have you come up with a new way for Psylocke to free Angel from Nate and/or Legion's mental control. If it is Psylocke who saves him, and not himself.
    It'd be far better if he frees himself, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Same. For once I would like him to have agency. I don't mind if he has support but I want them to break free instead of having someone do it for them.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, I agree. If we are going to get another Angel as a Horseman story, it would be nice to get a new ending that isn't just a rehash of an old story. And as Izinami points out it would be nice for Warren to have some agency

And that's assuming that the Horseman Angel really is 616 Archangel and not an alternate reality version. It's also assuming that Archangel manages to survive the Disassembled Arc.

Ultimate Member

Well the first time it was Bobby's supposed death that shook Warren out of his loyalty to Apocalypse so something like that could happen again just with Betsy instead of Bobby...as for Betsy freeing him that was more about her being the one that can where others couldn't, not that he couldn't or shouldn't do it himself, just that it'd be different with her given their history, I just don't like that he'd be either mislead or be dumb enough again to trust someone that would control him like Apocalypse had, otherwise it'd end up being Warren's thing like the Phoenix with Jean and such...

His history with Betsy will probably come up as they'd then have to fight before Warren would be freed later on, just hope that they don't manufacture some new pairing for Warren or Betsy that would last about as long as it was needed before ending and then never being mentioned again, as it wouldn't help either character imho...like the storyline with Warren's kids from the last few runs...

If it's an AU Warren then where's the real Warren and wouldn't they want the real one fighting him, unless they don't know that it's not the real him at first or something like that...

Well the first time it was Bobby's supposed death that shook Warren out of his loyalty to Apocalypse so something like that could happen again just with Betsy instead of Bobby...as for Betsy freeing him that was more about her being the one that can where others couldn't, not that he couldn't or shouldn't do it himself, just that it'd be different with her given their history, I just don't like that he'd be either mislead or be dumb enough again to trust someone that would control him like Apocalypse had, otherwise it'd end up being Warren's thing like the Phoenix with Jean and such...

His history with Betsy will probably come up as they'd then have to fight before Warren would be freed later on, just hope that they don't manufacture some new pairing for Warren or Betsy that would last about as long as it was needed before ending and then never being mentioned again, as it wouldn't help either character imho...like the storyline with Warren's kids from the last few runs...

If it's an AU Warren then where's the real Warren and wouldn't they want the real one fighting him, unless they don't know that it's not the real him at first or something like that...
    Okay. They aren't completely new ideas, but I admire your dogmatic stick to it approach to the Angel/Psylocke stuff, and I thought you should get another shot at them. But, at least we have gotten you to come around to the idea that Warren should be the one who frees himself .

And now it's time for me to once again say that I want something new that doesn't involve Psylocke/Archangel being in a Horseman story again, or a Psylocke/Archangel romance .

Ultimate Member

I don't think that the latter can't happen with new storylines, just that they don't repeat all of the old ones, as for the Warren freeing himself, I wasn't totally against it from the start just that it's not the only way and a different way can be fun...and the two haven't actually been a couple in several years...and they'd make far more sense than another new fangled pairing of the moment that is over about as soon as it starts like I fear is to come for some characters...

I wonder what would have happened if The Apocalypse Twins were children instead of adults. That is some story potential for Warren right there instead of retreading similar ground. Wouldn't mind him going back to being single and being in other superhero teams like in his old days. Warren got around places and people. :P

Ultimate Member

Well I'd rather Warren not be like Tony Stark with the ladies..., the twins were a bad idea from the start that then never went anywhere and should just be left in the past...

Well I'd rather Warren not be like Tony Stark with the ladies..., the twins were a bad idea from the start that then never went anywhere and should just be left in the past...
    He has and continues to be a playboy. Where have you been in the last 40 years? Lol.

Ultimate Member

I didn't mean that he shouldn't be rich just that he shouldn't jump from woman to woman every night and get that rep...

Controversial, BUT: I had MAD respect for Paige Guthrie back in Austen's run when she went fast and hard for Warren. That plot line was utter nonsense but still: RESPECT! She had that blond ambition and she got that hawt hawt Warren D, however briefly.

that storyline ruined her for a long while. Im not sure she fully recovered from it even if it is a distant memory. She could have done worse than Warren though and she did. (Toad? Gross!)

Im interested in seeing if Rosenberg picks up on what he wrote with Warren in AXM. How will his Death persona be handled and if Xavier will make an appearance