Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Controversial, BUT: I had MAD respect for Paige Guthrie back in Austen's run when she went fast and hard for Warren. That plot line was utter nonsense but still: RESPECT! She had that blond ambition and she got that hawt hawt Warren D, however briefly.
    Considering what happened afterward her time with Warren may be bad but not the rotten smell of garbage that was ToadxHusk. I don't even know how to start. It was just freaky and one-sided stalkerish in my opinion. That and all sorts of this is worse in real life vibes you get from reading the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im interested in seeing if Rosenberg picks up on what he wrote with Warren in AXM. How will his Death persona be handled and if Xavier will make an appearance
    I did enjoy how Rosenberg wrote Warren. It was refreshing for once and it interested me. The ending implying that Warren could of known the truth of the situation but kept smiling for his friends and being the support added a lot to his character. It almost felt like a call back when Warren became a Horsemen in the 80's and for the first time smiled in happiness after all the tragedy and trauma he was under.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't mean that he shouldn't be rich just that he shouldn't jump from woman to woman every night and get that rep...
    No, he had that rep since the beginning. He is very well known for it, not the extreme ends you describe, and for being a gentlemen.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/944554.html
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

He had it to a point, though he's shown over time that he's not fully that reputation, and we never did find out if Paige actually did see Betsy in that near death experience or if she was just fibbing about it...

He had it to a point, though he's shown over time that he's not fully that reputation, and we never did find out if Paige actually did see Betsy in that near death experience or if she was just fibbing about it...
    It's called the next writer ignores what the previous writer established. :P
    Any one remember when Xavier was in Heaven but then it was retconeed to the astral plane. Good times. Good times.

How I miss happy and extroverted playboy Warren.

Ultimate Member

Well single and horseman Warren would be the opposite of that...

You need to read more Pre-90's Warren. He has been single and Horsemen before dating Charlotte. :P
    Everyone post your favorite Pre 90's Warren images!!!

Extraordinary Member

Well I'd rather Warren not be like Tony Stark with the ladies..., the twins were a bad idea from the start that then never went anywhere and should just be left in the past...
    I actually liked that storyline. It didn't feel like Archangel was being a slut or anything, just that he, as the near godlike entity he was at that point, wanted to continue his line. I mean, look at all the kids old Apocalypse is said to have.

And as a storyline, I would like to see it brought up.

Because I like it when Warren suffers.

Ultimate Member

They could just overdo the horseman and single part of it and make him all depressed and such, I didn't view Warren as a slut in that storyline either it was just that it never went anywhere really and seemed to happen just for the sake of it to make more heirs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I actually liked that storyline. It didn't feel like Archangel was being a slut or anything, just that he, as the near godlike entity he was at that point, wanted to continue his line. I mean, look at all the kids old Apocalypse is said to have.

Don't know what you guys got slut warren from his playboy days to DAS let me spread all my seeds (couldn't keep that in your pants Remender) but I heard Warren Suffer and that is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    He has and continues to be a playboy. Where have you been in the last 40 years? Lol.
    I'm not sure if I would call Warren a happy playboy type these days. He seems to focus more on trying to keep his Archangel personality under control right now. In the annual that Rosenberg wrote, Warren wouldn't even drink because he was afraid that he might lose control. He seems kind of grim to me. But, I guess he could still relieve his stress with some good old fashioned casual sex.
    I guess we wont know for sure until we get to read Uncanny #1

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Controversial, BUT: I had MAD respect for Paige Guthrie back in Austen's run when she went fast and hard for Warren. That plot line was utter nonsense but still: RESPECT! She had that blond ambition and she got that hawt hawt Warren D, however briefly.
    Wow, that's an surprising post. I honestly thought that the Angel/Paige thing was at least a little interesting before it got super fucked up. You had the wealthy, irresponsible with his corporation guy paired with the poor, activist country girl. And then I thought that Paige was reduced to being portrayed as being less intelligent than she is. And then we got the scene where Paige was talking about Warren with Jubilee on Skin's grave. And then the scene where Paige has sex in mid-air right in front of her mom and team mates. That was one fucked up plot line.
    You still a fan of this. Nothing wrong if you do of course. We are all entitled to have our favorite stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that storyline ruined her for a long while. Im not sure she fully recovered from it even if it is a distant memory. She could have done worse than Warren though and she did. (Toad? Gross!)

Im interested in seeing if Rosenberg picks up on what he wrote with Warren in AXM. How will his Death persona be handled and if Xavier will make an appearance
    I honestly am wondering if the Death persona might get erased permanently when Archangel joins the Horseman of Salvation. Would Nate have the power to do something like this on his own? Or maybe Legion even helps Nate accomplish this.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-13-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I'm not sure if I would call Warren a happy playboy type these days.
    His playboy persona is an on and off thing. Sometimes it comes out as simple flirting and other times its casually mentioned due to his charismatic personality. It has been toned down and yes he has not really had sex with others... even when he was a playboy. Surprising ain't it. He kept it in the pants while he was anchored to someone. Candy you lucky gal! But if there is one thing he is good at its acting to hide his misery. Think of it as Bruce Wayne being an idiot to hide he is Batman. :P Except its Angel who should be seing a therapist but dear god even with money its not enough as he plays it completely fine to hide that murderous sorrowful rage.

Some how, my last post chopped your quote up and cut it out completely. Don't know how that happened.

I would also like to see the Twins brought up. We have never really gotten to see what Warren thinks of his children, or their mother.

And I also like to read stories where Angel suffers before he gets a small bit of peace. I know that all of his stories cant go that way, but I think that his best ones usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    His playboy persona is an on and off thing. Sometimes it comes out as simple flirting and other times its casually mentioned due to his charismatic personality. It has been toned down and yes he has not really had sex with others... even when he was a playboy. Surprising ain't it. He kept it in the pants while he was anchored to someone. Candy you lucky gal! But if there is one thing he is good at its acting to hide his misery. Think of it as Bruce Wayne being an idiot to hide he is Batman. :P Except its Angel who should be seing a therapist but dear god even with money its not enough as he plays it completely fine to hide that murderous sorrowful rage.
    Oh, I agree that he was definitely portrayed as being into the ladies before his latest stint with the Death split personality. I just think it's more recent that he's become portrayed as less of a playboy type.

And I would agree that he seems to stay loyal to his girl friends, at least from what I have seen on panel. As a quick count of woman I come up with
    1 Candy
    2 Charlotte
    3 Psylocke
    4 Paige
    5 I think he was with that mayor of San Francisco during Fraction's run.
    6 Psylocke again.
    With no affairs that I am aware of. So at least he's got some loyalty to his girlfriends.

I know that it sounds goofy and I look like a stupid comic nerd , but I would still want to see him with Dani.

Extraordinary Member

My guess is that the Horseman of Salvation Warren is going to make Death look like a well rounded fellow. You know, the devil you know and all that.

The thing is, Warren's life has sucked. There are so many, many issues he just hasn't been allowed to deal with. Yes, some of this is bad and inconsistent writing, but some of it feels like almost like other characters just don't want to mention it. Like, if we don't acknowledge that he murdered an entire town of hundreds of people-I mean what happened in Uncanny X-Force-then it didn't happen!

My guess is that the Horseman of Salvation Warren is going to make Death look like a well rounded fellow. You know, the devil you know and all that.

The thing is, Warren's life has sucked. There are so many, many issues he just hasn't been allowed to deal with. Yes, some of this is bad and inconsistent writing, but some of it feels like almost like other characters just don't want to mention it. Like, if we don't acknowledge that he murdered an entire town of hundreds of people-I mean what happened in Uncanny X-Force-then it didn't happen!
    I think that the writers have decided to run with the idea that Warren was possessed, and not in his right mind when Archangel destroyed that entire town. So I would say that most of the X-Men probably don't hold Warren personally responsible, but they do seem to be concerned that it could happen again. Sort of the way that Jean was scared of what Warren would do in the Astonishing Annual. Some of the other X-characters have talked about it happening. Psylocke showed Magneto an image of it during Bunn's Uncanny X-Men.

The Angel of Salvation Horseman would be one evil bastard if he is going to make the Death Horseman look like a well rounded fellow.