Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well my main idea for a Warren and Betsy lead team would not have them dealing with the supernatural and Terry would be on it however the whole Morrigan mess would have been long gone if I could have gotten rid of it...along with Warpath of course, nah Warren saving a baby would just be about the time of year that he was doing it and that the fact that he looks like an angel, nothing really supernatural past the obvious needed...
    Well, your supernatural stuff wouldn't have to be your main idea, as you stated. And I thought that the idea of doing a supernatural story using the Morrigan would be a way to free Terry of being the Morrigan. My mistake.

I still think that your idea of Angel saving a baby as a Christmas story is a good one seeing as it would fit Angel's imagery. Maybe this is where you could get your Crimson Dawn story to fit in? These ideas don't seem like an obvious fit, but you could make it happen if you play up the Crimson Dawn villains demonic traits to contrast Archangel. Was Crimson Dawn meant to be Japanese or Chinese? I cant remember. If it is Japanese than This might also be where you could work a up a story with Psylocke/Kwannon.

I would still like a story that frees Dani from the Danilock stuff. I'll sound like a broken record here,but Dani has ties to supernatural stories and would fit well with Angel. I'm afraid that Dani will end up being the character that ends up being most effected by the TO though. There's supposed to be at least one character that gets lasting effects from it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 10-29-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I'm hoping that lasting effect is a return to being a mutant. I'm more worried about not seeing her for 20 weeks.

Are we sure Warren survives Uncanny? I don't think I've seen him in Age of X-man at, yet, but I haven't had much time to keep up with these things.

(AoA Angel pic coming up as soon as I get a minute to scan it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm hoping that lasting effect is a return to being a mutant. I'm more worried about not seeing her for 20 weeks.

Are we sure Warren survives Uncanny? I don't think I've seen him in Age of X-man at, yet, but I haven't had much time to keep up with these things.

We don't know much about this story arc or event. Honestly Angel has been badly misused after DAS. Due to the way editorial events plagued the relaunch after secret wars we never got the complete arc and stories Cullen Bunn would have done with the cast. It's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to work in the big two's comic industry. The stories people have told of management, unexpected cuts, contracts breaches and so forth paint a sad picture. Sometimes you are lucky other times its a complete nightmare to work with.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Hopefully he's still around after it's over, I don't think that it would make much sense to kill him off after it was over, if anything there'd be plenty of room to develop him character wise after the end of that crossover, and would his death really be a big shock to most of the X-cast anyway...sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Maybe I am being overly pessimistic, but I think that Angel dies in Uncanny. I hope that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    We don't know much about this story arc or event. Honestly Angel has been badly misused after DAS. Due to the way editorial events plagued the relaunch after secret wars we never got the complete arc and stories Cullen Bunn would have done with the cast. It's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to work in the big two's comic industry. The stories people have told of management, unexpected cuts, contracts breaches and so forth paint a sad picture. Sometimes you are lucky other times its a complete nightmare to work with.
    I've said so in the past, but I really wish Bunn had been allowed to finish all of the stories, for all of the characters, that he had been writing for his Uncanny. Even his X-Men Blue series went off the rails a bit because of editorial plans. I hope that he was at least okay with some of what was resolved, both by himself and other writers.

I'm not a writer, and I never plan to be one. I feel badly for the people that have to try and make a living writing comics. It seems like the only way that you can reliably make money is to work for the big two, and as you pointed out, writers are at the mercy of budget cuts, editorial changes, and the other things that you listed. Some of the things that happen to writers not only can cost them a job writing a certain comic book, but if the editors make bad decisions, the writer can be made to look bad in the eyes of readers, and it could be tough getting more work if your writing looks bad because of changes or budget cuts.

Hopefully he's still around after it's over, I don't think that it would make much sense to kill him off after it was over, if anything there'd be plenty of room to develop him character wise after the end of that crossover, and would his death really be a big shock to most of the X-cast anyway...sadly...
    I think that most of the X-cast would be surprised and upset if/when Archangel dies, Logan.

Ultimate Member

Not saying that they wouldn't be surprised or upset, just that lately Warren hasn't exactly been a big player in the X-verse, someone like Storm dying would generate a LOT more shock and change than Warren, though no I'm not hoping or wanting Storm to die...and isn't Warren already shown to be in the story arc that takes place after the Uncanny reboot as a horseman along with Omega Red...or is that before the Uncanny relaunch...

Not saying that they wouldn't be surprised or upset, just that lately Warren hasn't exactly been a big player in the X-verse, someone like Storm dying would generate a LOT more shock and change than Warren, though no I'm not hoping or wanting Storm to die...and isn't Warren already shown to be in the story arc that takes place after the Uncanny reboot as a horseman along with Omega Red...or is that before the Uncanny relaunch...
    Sorry Logan, buddy, I thought that I had answered your question already. The Horseman of Salvation story takes place during the opening story of the Uncanny relaunch. So it's possible that Angel will die during the first arch of the new Uncanny series.

But, at least in a recent story, Archangel got to cut up a whole lot of Madrox dupes in the last issue of the Multiple Man mini series.

Warren always gets the shortest end of the stick. Welp, he had a good run when he was brought back if he dies... well see you in a couple of years.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Well given that they've just brought back a bunch of people I'm not sure that they'd kill one of the real O5 off so soon...and isn't Warren in Age of X or whatever with Nate winning as a kind of alternate to the AoA, so if Warren is alive then...he'd have to live through the Uncanny bit...

Ultimate Member

Saw a preview for the upcoming Uncanny arc and Warren is shown as one of the members of the team, though on said page there are 20 characters listed as members so...sadly doubt that he'll be a main member...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Warren always gets the shortest end of the stick. Welp, he had a good run when he was brought back if he dies... well see you in a couple of years.
    Yeah, Warren never seems to get that ongoing comic, or even a chance at miniseries that other characters seem to get over and over again. These days it may be because Marvel has turned to Angela as their Angel type of character. That or more hopefully, Marvel is willing to give Archangel a chance at his own book, but cant find a pitch that they like, but are at least willing to consider a solo for him.

If Warren is killed after the excellent return story that he received from Cullen Bunn, I will be disappointed.

Well given that they've just brought back a bunch of people I'm not sure that they'd kill one of the real O5 off so soon...and isn't Warren in Age of X or whatever with Nate winning as a kind of alternate to the AoA, so if Warren is alive then...he'd have to live through the Uncanny bit...
    I don't think that we have seen Angel on any covers or previews for Age of X. That might mean something, or it might not. We'll just have to read the stories to find out.

Saw a preview for the upcoming Uncanny arc and Warren is shown as one of the members of the team, though on said page there are 20 characters listed as members so...sadly doubt that he'll be a main member...
    The comic is giant sized if I remember correctly. I think that Warren may start of as a minor cast member, mostly to set up his upcoming storyline as part of the Horseman of Salvation. There seems to plenty of room for that in the big first issue. Just a guess on my part.

Ultimate Member

I just get confused as to which crossover or event happens when in the near future, though it just makes me wonder more why Warren would ever then go with Nate as he went with Apocalypse at a very low point, and unless something big happens to Warren in the very near future it'd just strike me as terribly odd for Warren to do that, and if Warren only shows up for like an issue or two why even bother including him in the roster on that page at all...

BANNED

Did you guys know that? I confess, I didn't know that reference to this story.
    Apparently, the Time Machine by H. G. Wells wasn't the only story that served as the Morlocks' inspiration.

Some fans have noted the pop culture reference Claremont was making here. The film Barbarella (originally an European comic) also has a gorgeous angel (Pygar) crucified by a woman wearing an eyepatch (The Great Tyrant). It's not a stretch to assume Claremont was working backwards from that image.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-the-animat...ce-morlocks/2/
    1983's Uncanny X-Men #169 and #170

Barbarella (1962 – 1964) - Adapted by Kelly Sue DeConnick (2014)

Ultimate Member

If true I doubt that it was the first or last time that such a thing would happen in the X-verse, with Warren or otherwise...

I just get confused as to which crossover or event happens when in the near future, though it just makes me wonder more why Warren would ever then go with Nate as he went with Apocalypse at a very low point, and unless something big happens to Warren in the very near future it'd just strike me as terribly odd for Warren to do that, and if Warren only shows up for like an issue or two why even bother including him in the roster on that page at all...
    Well, considering that Magneto, Blob, and Omega Red are the other Horseman, I don't think that it would be hard to rule out mind control as a reason for Angel to join forces with Nate. We will just have to read the stories to find out.

And Warren may show up in an issue or two as a member of the roster to help set up his transformation as a Horseman. Hopefully, he just isn't killed in the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Did you guys know that? I confess, I didn't know that reference to this story.
    Apparently, the Time Machine by H. G. Wells wasn't the only story that served as the Morlocks' inspiration.

1983's Uncanny X-Men #169 and #170

Barbarella (1962 – 1964) - Adapted by Kelly Sue DeConnick (2014)

That's a nice find. I wasn't aware of the Barbarlla story. It wouldn't be the first time that a writer took inspiration from another story, either in literature or another comic.