Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    The writer mentioned that a few characters were kept off the cover as a surprise. (I'll try and find the tweet again.) That suggests they're fellow prisoners, not enemies. If Angel rebelled against Nate, that's where he'd likely be. I'm sure there will be lots of characters we haven't seen yet, but I think most of them will be antagonists, not core members.
    Sorry, Arachne, I was going to say thank you in my previous response to your answer.
    We hadn't seen much of Warren until that preview panel of issue 6. If Warren does appear in Prisoner X, he may be a villain. Some one has to be with the villains.
    But it might be the other Dani-Lock virus infected characters who are the spoiler characters. They may be the ones holding Dani and the others prisoner.
    Archangel may not even appear in Age of X-Man. Cannonball is in the first Uncanny story, but he will not be part of Age of X-Man. Could be the same with Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warren in his Archangel form will be among the team in #6

Even without knowing what is going on, that picture makes me happy, especially seeing Warren in his Archangel form. Now I can stop complaining about Archangel potentially dying, for a little time at least

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's interesting. New Horseman Warren was in an Uncanny #4 panel. Either they're not from the same reality/time period, he can still become Death, or Warren leaves the Horsemen early on.
    I think that he leaves the Horseman early. Angel was shown abandoning his teammates in Uncanny while talking to someone. It could have been X, but I doubt that X would have Warren Abandon his teammates in a fight. I think he flies off to join whoever turns him into a Horseman.

I like your idea That it might be Warren's ability to change into Archangel that frees him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If it's the latter maybe Betsy knocks some sense into him or is a strong enough draw with her powers to get through to him given their history...like he'd be defeated and Betsy and maybe Jean would use their tp to free him...

Or maybe Warren got replaced by said alternate version and nobody noticed until it was to late...
    Just going off of the cover that shows Psylocke fighting Angel, you might be right that Warren is freed by Psylocke or Jean. I still would rather that he free himself this time.

Or maybe he really is an alternate reality character.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    The other speculation brought to you by me is that Death separated himself from Warren and is joining the good guys. :P
    What a twist!!!!
    That was going to be my guess. That would be a great idea.

Edit: I don't know what is going on, but I'm having a hard time multi posting.
    Edit 2: I think that I got them all this time.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-19-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Makes me wonder if we'll actually see a talk between W/B about her new body, and then if this is after he left if she tears into him for leaving and perhaps Warren doesn't remember leaving or something along those lines...

Makes me wonder if we'll actually see a talk between W/B about her new body, and then if this is after he left if she tears into him for leaving and perhaps Warren doesn't remember leaving or something along those lines...
    Probably not likely. UXM #1 opened up with them together so they already talked about her new body. Disasembled is hight stakes and seems to be very plot heavy so I doubt there will be much downtime.

Ultimate Member

Ah yeah because that'd be like having Jean just come back and then not talk about it with Scott or Logan but oh well...and would point to her not being one of the main stars in the storyline sadly...Warren either...

Ah yeah because that'd be like having Jean just come back and then not talk about it with Scott or Logan but oh well...and would point to her not being one of the main stars in the storyline sadly...Warren either...
    Betsy is one of the leads of UXM. She has been promoted as such and we got to see that in #1. This is truly an ensemble cast and not the stealth solo book like we saw with Red and Gold. No one character truly stood out in the main plot. The writers did a good job of juggling that large cast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    The other speculation brought to you by me is that Death separated himself from Warren and is joining the good guys. :P
    What a twist!!!!
    This is looking more likely. It would explain why Nate is able to use Warren when the Death personality wouldn't much appreciate it. Of course, Death just running around also sounds like a bad idea, especially with Apocalypse back, but that's an issue for another event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is looking more likely. It would explain why Nate is able to use Warren when the Death personality wouldn't much appreciate it. Of course, Death just running around also sounds like a bad idea, especially with Apocalypse back, but that's an issue for another event.
    So you feel that Death would still be the evil version of Warren, and not the feather winged Angel version? I like the idea that Warren as Archangel is the good guy and feather winged version has become the Death personality. Just a nice little change.

Warren hasn't been seen in any previews for Age of X-Man, or the Uncanny book that will be running at the same time. Maybe one of Warren's personalities is a villain in Age of X-Man, and the other remains in 616.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    So you feel that Death would still be the evil version of Warren, and not the feather winged Angel version? I like the idea that Warren as Archangel is the good guy and feather winged version has become the Death personality. Just a nice little change.

Warren hasn't been seen in any previews for Age of X-Man, or the Uncanny book that will be running at the same time. Maybe one of Warren's personalities is a villain in Age of X-Man, and the other remains in 616.
    The complete lack of Angel in so much of the promotional stuff is odd, especially since he seems like a favorite among many artists. Seems like someone would have posts some cool sketches or something.

I think Death as a personality has its own agenda that can't really be described as evil since, well, it does what it is literally programed by the Death Seed to do. But as we saw in the Dark Angel Saga, there's the potential for it to just go wild and follow through, especially if it doesn't have Warren there to keep it in check.

But like I said, that's a problem for another event.

The complete lack of Angel in so much of the promotional stuff is odd, especially since he seems like a favorite among many artists. Seems like someone would have posts some cool sketches or something.

I think Death as a personality has its own agenda that can't really be described as evil since, well, it does what it is literally programed by the Death Seed to do. But as we saw in the Dark Angel Saga, there's the potential for it to just go wild and follow through, especially if it doesn't have Warren there to keep it in check.

But like I said, that's a problem for another event.
    I think that we are not getting a lot of Archangel promotion art because he will be trapped in his Horseman form for a good part of Age of X-Man. That and he may not appear in a lot of issues. He wasn't in issue 2 at all. And he may not even appear in Age of X-Man. It's kind of hard to have promotional art if a character only has a small role in the story.

That or Archangel is a casualty.

I thought that Warren was no longer infected with the Death Seed. I thought that the Life Seed eliminated it.
    The only thing left in Warren would somehow be the Death personality, which some how survived the Life Seed.

Maybe I have only been posting confusing responses on the Death Seed subject, or I am just confused about it, but I think that the Death Seed is gone from Warren. The Apocalypse Twins already activated their seed, unless I am misremembering that story. And, I would still think that one of the more recent Horseman of Death would have the Death Seed in them, and thus the ability to become Apocalypse. Daken was trying to activate his potential in the Iceman series if I remember correctly.
    Did Genocide already have the Death Seed during Bunn's Uncanny?

Or perhaps the Death Seed simply no longer matters since Apocalypse has already returned, and will choose a new Death.
    Or perhaps I am just interpreting your post incorrectly.

Ultimate Member

Now that we've seen Warren show up to fight the others I had a thought, perhaps Nate took the Death or dark persona out of Warren and gave him/it a body so that it was totally beholden to him and had no other loyalties, and that the real Warren will be freed later on and be fully back to his old self without any other voices in his head with the metal wings and all as we've seen in preview art for later issues...or not...

For once I would like it if writers and editors would write the Archangel persona in some sort of blue and orange morality. As you mentioned there is potential there and we can see an Archangel that is not necessary villainous uphold himself as above good and evil. As all of you know a proper Death is a neutral character and an interesting dichotomy of various attributes. Some portray death as horrible and ugly while others are beautiful and compassionate. You have the frightening grim reaper and also the gentler one that gives you comfort. The list goes on. Since Marvel reboots all of its continuity every so ofter this could be an interesting avenue if it were chosen.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

In UXM #5 Warren lost control yet AGAIN and Psylocke is tasked to save him from Archangel. Im so sick of this repetitive storyline

Ultimate Member

It'd be the same with any long standing X-pair whether they were dating or not but yeah they both need new storylines, doesn't mean that it can't be with them together...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Once this storyline is over, they need to decide if it’s the metal wings or the feathered ones. This jumping back and forth is just plain stupid, and is leading into zero storytelling potential for Warren, because they just can’t stop coming back to it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Feathery wings with retractable metal armour a la 90s Hawkman.
    I've been over this The Evil Within cliche with Warren since before Uncanny X-Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'