Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1681

Honestly he should just go to the HFC with Emma Frost
    I just read the other posts. Glad someone else agrees

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post

Angel Reborn! (Uncanny X-Men 1996) Archangel Reborn! Again... (Uncanny X-Men 2018)
    Thanks. One of his best cover

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    There’s a lot of potential to mine there. Like, two of the financial backers of the X-Men, Warren & Emma, are now going up against the X-Men. It’d be nice to see them have to deal with the financial struggles.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    There’s a lot of potential to mine there. Like, two of the financial backers of the X-Men, Warren & Emma, are now going up against the X-Men. It’d be nice to see them have to deal with the financial struggles.
    yep. Warren and Emma are a lot alike when you think about it, they have the superpower named rich that totally enables them to do their thing outside the x-men and considering their mutant ability they will def make a badass hero/anti-hero band.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Ultimate Member

Not sure that Warren would want to work with Emma though, especially once Scott comes back...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure that Warren would want to work with Emma though, especially once Scott comes back...
    I'm not sure what Scott has to do with whether Warren wants to work with Emma or not. But I do wonder why in UXM #11 Scott seems to be reading files with the Worthington name on them...
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 12-15-2018 at 05:48 AM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Ive wanted Warren and Emma to work together for a while. They could have done a corporate subplot with both their companies. She could be the psychic to show him some tough love and get over this Archangel struggle as she isnt personally invested. We know he's a Hellfire Club member so becoming more involved in the reformation of it would be a new and different role for him to give him purpose and definition

Chiming in a bit late on Uncanny #5, but I think that it went the way that most of us expected. Yet another story of Archangel needing Psylocke to free him from mind control. But, it seems as though this story has ended Warren/Betsy for good. Well judging from this issue at least. I get that Warren doesn't want to be a complete murderer again, but Warren did come across as an overreacting ass after Psylocke freed him though. All that she was doing was try to help, even if it didn't lead to a good outcome for Warren.

I really do prefer for Warren to remain permanently in his Archangel form, with complete control of his mind, and being willing to occasionally kill when he feels that he needs to. His metal wings just make him more useful, and look better than his feathered wings, in my opinion. If this story ends up giving us that I will be happy with that outcome. But, I'm afraid that we are going to get the version of Archangel that is in permanent murder mode however.

Do we know if Angel joined Nate of his own free will yet. I think that it would really suck if Warren only pretended to be on the X-Men's side and then rejoined Jesus Nate instead.

And I'm still afraid that Warren will be killed in the first story arch of Uncanny.

They need some time apart. They need to think of a storyline other than a broken man who needs a good woman to fix him.
    I thought that Bunn gave Warren a pretty good new story that didn't rely on needing Psylocke around to keep him under control. It was the story where Warren is put in charge of the Sleeper mutants, and had to care for them. Warren was permanently in his Archangel form, but he was at peace with himself. I think that it would have been interesting to see Warren trying to lead the Sleepers.
    But that story seems to have been forgotten.

At this point, I almost wish they’d keep him evil for awhile. Develop him outside of the Apocalypse programming, and make him “ inverted”. He could join Emma’s new Hellfire Club, and become the new White King.
    I definitely don't want to see Archangel become evil again. We've gotten enough of those stories over the past few years.
    And Emma becoming a villain is already one to many X-Men becoming a villain for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Sent him back to husk?
    It seems a little strange to me to think that this could be a good idea, but if we got good new stories for Warren I would take it. And that story didn't end very well the first time, at least not in my opinion. If other readers liked Warren/Paige, well, that is their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive wanted Warren and Emma to work together for a while. They could have done a corporate subplot with both their companies. She could be the psychic to show him some tough love and get over this Archangel struggle as she isnt personally invested. We know he's a Hellfire Club member so becoming more involved in the reformation of it would be a new and different role for him to give him purpose and definition
    I don't think that I would want for Warren to work with Emma. If Emma became his new psychic, all that you would be doing is swapping out Betsy for Emma as the psychic who used telepathy to help keep Archangel under control. That doesn't seem like a new idea to me. At least not in my opinion. Not trying to be mean to your idea though
    Last edited by Thievery; 12-15-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I don't think that I would want for Warren to work with Emma. If Emma became his new psychic, all that you would be doing is swapping out Betsy for Emma as the psychic who used telepathy to help keep Archangel under control. That doesn't seem like a new idea to me. At least not in my opinion. Not trying to be mean to your idea though
    I dont see Emma serving as a crutch to Warren like Betsy did in UXF. She did that bc she dated and loved him. Emma would show him some tough love and make him face some hard truths to get over himself and deal with his issues. She wouldnt placate and coddle him bc she wouldnt have the patience to want to deal with that type of BS

I dont see Emma serving as a crutch to Warren like Betsy did in UXF. She did that bc she dated and loved him. Emma would show him some tough love and make him face some hard truths to get over himself and deal with his issues. She wouldnt placate and coddle him bc she wouldnt have the patience to want to deal with that type of BS
    Well okay, I can see where you are coming from a little. Warren doesn't always handle his problems in the best manner. I just don't think that Warren's problem's are complete BS. He is possessed by an evil entity, and he does have multiple personality issues. I think that it is fair to say that he does have some mental health issues, and if I interpret the story correctly, he was trying to work through his problems in the Iceman monthly, and Astonishing. I think that it was X who was trying to use him to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well okay, I can see where you are coming from a little. Warren doesn't always handle his problems in the best manner. I just don't think that Warren's problem's are complete BS. He is possessed by an evil entity, and he does have multiple personality issues. I think that it is fair to say that he does have some mental health issues, and if I interpret the story correctly, he was trying to work through his problems in the Iceman monthly, and Astonishing. I think that it was X who was trying to use him to kill.
    Thats where its inconsistent bc since his return by Bunn its unclear whether there is a separate personality or not or its just Warren being more aggressive. He was at peace and in control of himself as Archangel in X-men Blue. The two were a fully merged being. There was no separate personality in Astonishing either nor is there one here in Uncanny. This is just a darker Warren. Rosenberg is the only one to portray them as separate personas in the Annual but that may not be the case as it was heavily implied that Xavier was controlling him. Regardless, IDA that he is possessed by an evil entity. Maybe in UXF, but thats not how its portrayed anymore

Jean in the 90s saw his issues as BS and forced him to realize that he could control himself and not blame his aggression on his wings. The Bunn version is the one that works the best. Instead of fighting Archangel, Warren needs to accept it and deal. I do think the way writers have him now is a bit BS bc its regression. Theres no reason why he cant control himself

Ultimate Member

Again I don't see any evidence that this issue could or has ended W/B for good, more people projecting what they want it to mean, Warren is really messed up right now and could easily be different once he calms down and is not as messed up...I don't see why Warren would work with Emma, yeah Warren is a member of the club though he's not a big fan of the Hellfire Club and doesn't show much interest in it at all...

Thats where its inconsistent bc since his return by Bunn its unclear whether there is a separate personality or not or its just Warren being more aggressive. He was at peace and in control of himself as Archangel in X-men Blue. The two were a fully merged being. There was no separate personality in Astonishing either nor is there one here in Uncanny. This is just a darker Warren. Rosenberg is the only one to portray them as separate personas in the Annual but that may not be the case as it was heavily implied that Xavier was controlling him. Regardless, IDA that he is possessed by an evil entity. Maybe in UXF, but thats not how its portrayed anymore

Jean in the 90s saw his issues as BS and forced him to realize that he could control himself and not blame his aggression on his wings. The Bunn version is the one that works the best. Instead of fighting Archangel, Warren needs to accept it and deal. I do think the way writers have him now is a bit BS bc its regression. Theres no reason why he cant control himself
    Well, alright, I agree that part of the problem in regards to Warren is that he is written inconsistently from one writer to the other. And I agree that the way Bunn resolved Archangel should have been his status going forward. I don't like his constant regression either.

Now I do think that it's fair to say that he has had multiple personality issues in the past. In Astonishing under Soule, Warren was for sure having problems. He wouldn't even travel to the Astral Plain with the other X-Men because he was afraid that Archangel would be able to use the Astral Plain to get free. And he was trying to keep his temper under control. When the British soldiers shot him, He actually said that he forgave them just to keep himself from "Hulking Out", so to speak. And I believe that it was Betsy who actually had to talk Warren into turning back into Archangel. I should have read Astonishing again before responding, so I cant provide exact issue numbers. I would add X's curing Warren of his multiple personalities, but I think it's safe to say that he cant be trusted.

Now, as to whether or not Warren has ever had multiple personality issues at other points in the past, I would start with the Inferno story. Rouge tries to absorb some of Warren's power, and she finds that Warren has another personality in him, and he starts to resemble Apocalypse. And there is an old X-Factor issue where Warren isn't paying attention, and nearly hits a helicopter. It was his wings taking control that helped him avoid crashing. That's how these stories read to me.

I think that all of this points to Warren having multiple personality issues.
    But if you read things another way, that's your right. Please don't think that I am just starting a fight.

Now, I do agree that we don't know if Warren has split personality issues in Uncanny or not.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can see Warren going darker, if only because of his social standing. He’s from a world of privilege. He thought his name and personal wealth would shield him from the trials and tribulations most mutants had to deal with, and it’s true, for the most part. He has always been beautiful. He has always been wealthy. It wasn’t until he joined a pro-mutant cause that he became a target. He’s been tortured physically and mentally. Been mutilated multiple, multiple times. I can see him joining Emma, if only to surround himself with other Mutants who are used to being in a similar socioeconomic class.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Warren being a mentally shaky character would be awesome, but it should be because he is mentally shaky because of everything he's been through, not because of an outside force like Pooky seeds trying to make him flip every month.