Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Backgrounds in Amazing, I think.

Some say Remender is coming back to him at some point.

I've just realized I am entirely bored with the whole backwards story-telling theme at Marvel right now. I kinda want to read about the characters of the present moving minutely into the future. That's my favorite type of time-travel stories right now. lol
    Given that Remender is using the twins I always assumed Warren would be involved some how. Hopefully if he is he gets his memories back. This whole dead with another new person in his body thing just doesn't make sense. Not that I hate NuAngel or anything. He has a nice visual and I want to know more about his powers. But I'd like him to eventually turn back in to Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Given that Remender is using the twins I always assumed Warren would be involved some how. Hopefully if he is he gets his memories back. This whole dead with another new person in his body thing just doesn't make sense. Not that I hate NuAngel or anything. He has a nice visual and I want to know more about his powers. But I'd like him to eventually turn back in to Warren.
    It's an interesting concept and could be full of great stories but unless someone bothers to explore it it's pretty pointless.

Ultimate Member

The problem is that Remender would probably only make the real Warren's return temporary or harness him with some new and crazy problem, I'd rather the real Warren return say after NuAngel fought the twins to a standstill and was severly injured, then the real Warren would return and fix the whole mess before going off to look for Betsy...his lady love...imho.

Gonna post in my hero's appreciation thread here for my first post after the reset, just to make it official.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Uncanny X-Men #306. My first real exposure to Archangel. He was bad-ass, tragic, caring... I've loved him ever since.
    archangel cameron hodge Uncanny X-Men 306-021.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I hope young warren becomes leader in all new x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    NuAngel makes me so very sad. It is/could be an interesting concept, if it eventually leads to Warren getting his memories back. It even seemed like that's what would happen, with Iceman swearing to find a cure, but then Bobby got distracted by Kitty and forgot all about it. Add to this the fact that Betsy found it too difficult to be around him and apparently no one else cared and he's just kind of...stuck as some undead thing wearing Warren's face like a body suit. Ugh. I'm hoping Remender will remember him once the earth is put back together.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #306. My first real exposure to Archangel. He was bad-ass, tragic, caring... I've loved him ever since.
    That's a great issue. It's a far better send off for Candy than the X-Factor issue she initially died in, which was too caught up in the lead up to Inferno to spend a great deal of time on Warren and his feelings toward Candy and Hodge.

I love that issue.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I think Remender's done enough to Warren, thanks.

After reading Uncanny #306, I went through my former LCS and found the X-Factor and Uncanny Inferno-related issues. I honestly fell in love with the metal wings. For example... X-Factor #34!

Candy should come back as a techno-organic being a la Douglock. Warren needs a good woman in his life. *throws shade at Psylocke*
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

And for something less bloodthirsty and more inspirational...

X-Factor #34 is one of my favorites from the run, especially since Warren hadn't really been present in the book much prior to that issue after Fall of the Mutants.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I think Remender's done enough to Warren, thanks.
    Haha. Yes, well, it wouldn't be my first choice either. Given that he has continued so many of his X-Force plots in UA, it seems like the most natural place to address it. The only place Warren appears lately is as backgrounds in Amazing. I suppose it's possible Kyle & Yost have plans for him, but that could be just as much a toss up as Remender, in my opinion. Could be great, could be...decidedly not.

*throws shade at Psylocke*
    How dare you sir! Warren+Betsy 4 lyfe!*

*do the kids still use "4 lyfe"?

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    X-Factor #34 is one of my favorites from the run, especially since Warren hadn't really been present in the book much prior to that issue after Fall of the Mutants.
    Oh, I don't think it was bad, per se. I enjoyed the Uncanny issue more because X-Factor #34 had to split time between Warren/Candy/Hodge, growing demon incursions and the ongoing search for Scott's missing son. I liked that Uncanny was able to focus (almost) entirely on them, especially given how long Candy had been around prior to her death. Her death was really quite terrible; I guess I would have liked it if they had gotten an issue to themselves to deal with it, though I understand why they couldn't pause to do it at the time.

Full disclosure: I'm not a great fan of early X-Factor, so I may be biased...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default Archangel appreciation thread

This is the appreciation thread for the horseman of death, Warren Worthington III also know as Archangel.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Hmm, I wonder if this should be merged with Warren Worthington III / Angel appreciation thread or if Archangel persona could be classified as its own character.