Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I have not been following the x-men comic books. How is Warren's current situation?

Is he an angel or Archangel these days?

How is this mind and his personality? What are your current powers?

Ultimate Member

He's pretty much back to his old self in the Archangel blue skin and metal wings body with his old powers as far as I know, so it's Warren again with no two personalities in one body...and he still seems to have feelings for Betsy, and she to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I have not been following the x-men comic books. How is Warren's current situation?

Is he an angel or Archangel these days?

How is this mind and his personality? What are your current powers?
    It's complicated, there was this strange transition between Bunn angel and soule angel. So the personality comes out from an unexpected place. During apocalypse wars Warren was brought back but it was unclear as to what extend both physically and mentally. In that version he is in archangels body and swore of any violence in order to move from hack and slash archangel. He was kind of like a glorified scout and errand boy. Sadly and possible explanation or storyline concerning the after effects of Angel in apocalypse wars was sadly cut short due to inhumans vs x-men. Afterwards soule got his line up and after reading the first couple of issues you start realizing this angel is drastically different from Bunn's. One there has been a regression with archangel being separate again and just an angry individual and two angel apparently could go back to his regular angelic form. I believe there was a thread referring to this awkward change. So far X fixed angel to get rid of the angry archangel and Warren at this point is a pacifist to a certain extend. This iteration written by soule seems to be a mesh of the two. After this I don't know how he may be written by others in the future. As soon as Warren became close to his old self every writer ditched the nuangel aspect and just wrote him as just having amnesia vs being a new entity. Others just ignored the nuangel thing as if it never existed.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Bunn hasn’t written Warren in over a year. That semi fixed drone iteration is irrelevant as that’s not how he is portrayed. As seen in AXM and Iceman, Warren is back to his old self in terms of personality. You unnecessarily complicate things by going back to Bunn’s complicated and unfinished plans. Those are null and void now
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-27-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bunn hasn’t written Warren in over a year. That semi fixed drone iteration is irrelevant as that’s not how he is portrayed. As seen in AXM and Iceman, Warren is back to his old self in terms of personality. You unnecessarily complicate things by going back to Bunn’s complicated and unfinished plans. Those are null and void now
    I was just going to a run down of what happened to him in the past two years. I started from apocalypse wars and up, never mentioned the drone thing. I forgot that existed. Not sure personality wise since there were complains in this forum when it came to how Warren is portrayed in astonishing. However I will agree that he is his old self since at this point eveywriter afterwards just writes him as Warren without any of the baggage from before. Sina is the best example. I wonder how his portrayal is going to be now after astonishing is over or what changes will stick from writer to writer.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I was just going to a run down of what happened to him in the past two years. I started from apocalypse wars and up, never mentioned the drone thing. I forgot that existed. Not sure personality wise since there were complains in this forum when it came to how Warren is portrayed in astonishing. However I will agree that he is his old self since at this point eveywriter afterwards just writes him as Warren without any of the baggage from before. Sina is the best example. I wonder how his portrayal is going to be now after astonishing is over or what changes will stick from writer to writer.
    i had issues with his personality early on bc he came off like th hippie in AXM but Soule doesn’t write him like that anymore. He does seem like his old self in all appearances now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i had issues with his personality early on bc he came off like th hippie in AXM but Soule doesn’t write him like that anymore. He does seem like his old self in all appearances now
    I am hoping it stays that way since I don't want to see a reset button everytime someone gets him in their line up. Want to avoid the X-23 situation with the reset personality button of "oh no I was made to be a weapon! What shall I dooo..." Only time will tell.

Ultimate Member

I just hope that they keep it that he's back to his old Betsy loving self and don't try to change him around again and bring back the other persona or whatever...and don't just ship him off to limbo but have him in a book and written well, preferably with Psylocke...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just hope that they keep it that he's back to his old Betsy loving self and don't try to change him around again and bring back the other persona or whatever...and don't just ship him off to limbo but have him in a book and written well, preferably with Psylocke...
    When he's at his best, I really love Warren. Sina Grace's Iceman had a great Angel. I'm hoping Angel is in whatever book Psylocke & Bishop are moving to after Astonishing #12

Ultimate Member

Those three would be a good way to start any new book, maybe add Sage as well and go from there...

BANNED

Those three would be a good way to start any new book, maybe add Sage as well and go from there...
    Sage is rather vanilla in my opinion, but Paniccia and White both seem to like her, so there may be plans in place. I'm hoping whatever book this is had Banshee, Sunfire or Frenzy but its a longshot

Ultimate Member

Well if written well she'd be great, just like Warren/Betsy would as well as keep her sass and smart mouth and intelligence and keep his similar humor and such and then Bishop and a few others get added and you'd have a fun team imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I am hoping it stays that way since I don't want to see a reset button everytime someone gets him in their line up. Want to avoid the X-23 situation with the reset personality button of "oh no I was made to be a weapon! What shall I dooo..." Only time will tell.
    Yes to this. Now that Warren has his real personality he should stay that way. He shouldn't flip back and forth between real Warren and NuAngel every time the character is put in a new writers line up. And I have always disliked NuAngel so that would make me happy. Kind of feel the same way about X-23, but I thought she was always going to be reset to her original personality. I don't think Marvel wants her to change that much.

I don't like Sage very well, but I guess it would give Archangel some one different to interact with. Have Archangel and Sage even spent any panel time to gather since Sage joined the X-Men?

BANNED

Well if written well she'd be great, just like Warren/Betsy would as well as keep her sass and smart mouth and intelligence and keep his similar humor and such and then Bishop and a few others get added and you'd have a fun team imho...
    Tbh, it's been a long time since I've read anything with Sage anyways, but I've no fond memories of her character. But based a team foundation with Psylocke, Angel + Bishop is pretty solid. I would be adding Mystique & Banshee, plus maybe Sunfire & Frenzy? That'd be quite a powerhouse team, and a diverse one at that. I'm dreaming but damn that'd be cool.

Any book with Sage and/or Frenzy is an instant pass for me, sorry. I'd rather read about Slipstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'