Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Sage was awful and should be left in the pile of failed characters Claremont tried to make happen

Ultimate Member

Sage got really messed up towards the last time that we saw her, I know that Warren and Tessa interacted at the Hellfire Club right before Scott and Jean's wedding and she zapped he and Betsy so that they were awake but unable to move while the Hellfire goons changed their clothes, something that in the issue was likened to being raped, though Betsy and Warren to my knowledge haven't brought it up with her since...not sure if Warren and Sage interacted before X-treme started....though back before the wedding Warren did greet her by name at the Hellfire Club...

The only failed character that CC tried to make happen was Neal...and even CC has admitted to that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Any book with Sage and/or Frenzy is an instant pass for me, sorry. I'd rather read about Slipstream.
    What's your problem with Frenzy?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sage got really messed up towards the last time that we saw her, I know that Warren and Tessa interacted at the Hellfire Club right before Scott and Jean's wedding and she zapped he and Betsy so that they were awake but unable to move while the Hellfire goons changed their clothes, something that in the issue was likened to being raped, though Betsy and Warren to my knowledge haven't brought it up with her since...not sure if Warren and Sage interacted before X-treme started....though back before the wedding Warren did greet her by name at the Hellfire Club...

The only failed character that CC tried to make happen was Neal...and even CC has admitted to that...
    thats the problem. She was fine as Tessa. Claremont ruined his own creation with that whole Sage nonsense. She was virtually a new character with a retconned backstory to fit her in where he wanted. She became alot less appealing when he transformed her into a living computer with ill defined plot device powers

They may have interacted before then due to the fact that Warren has membership to the club and it was a pivotal point during DPS when he was with Candy. As it allowed the x-men access to it.

I like sage when not written by claremont so as long as she is not a pet character, she is alright.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ditto, I wouldn't mind if she later discovered she was a mutant and did some redeeming for her past actions.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Yeah then Sage not written by Claremont along with Bishop, Warren/Betsy imho and a good start to a team and yeah Warren knew her well enough to call her by name, then again he also said that he hadn't gone to the club much so she was probably the only one there that he even remembered outside of Shinobi of course, and hew as the one that phased his hand into Betsy's chest and tried to kill her by crushing her heart or something like that...Frenzy could join and it'd be fine with me, one or two others and go with that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah then Sage not written by Claremont along with Bishop, Warren/Betsy imho and a good start to a team and yeah Warren knew her well enough to call her by name, then again he also said that he hadn't gone to the club much so she was probably the only one there that he even remembered outside of Shinobi of course, and hew as the one that phased his hand into Betsy's chest and tried to kill her by crushing her heart or something like that...Frenzy could join and it'd be fine with me, one or two others and go with that...
    I would read the hell out of the team I mentioned (Psylocke, Angel, Bishop, Banshee, Sunfire, Mystique and Frenzy). Betsy leading these folks against the Hellfire Club would be a damn good story. As stated, not too big on Sage but I'd be fine with her being a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Psylocke, Angel, Bishop, Banshee, Sunfire, Changeling, and Cecilia Reyes
    I could work with that instead.
    What's your problem with Frenzy?
    She was a reprehensible character since X-Factor and only got worse over the years, and she only turns good when her mind gets messed with [by Jean in 'Eve of Destruction' or Legion's 'Age of X' reality].
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I also dont like Frenzy. Id much prefer Monet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I could work with that instead.

She was a reprehensible character since X-Factor and only got worse over the years, and she only turns good when her mind gets messed with [by Jean in 'Eve of Destruction' or Legion's 'Age of X' reality].
    Changeling? No thank you. Cecilia Reyes is cool but she much prefers to stay out of the crossfire right?

We all have our preferences I suppose. I like the path of redemption/atonement Frenzy was put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I also don't like Frenzy. Id much prefer Monet
    Fair enough. I don't like Monet

That reminds me, was shinobi just a one time villain apperance. I literally forgot he even existed. I don't believe he has ever appeared again outside that particular story. If he did, it must have been unmemorable like his first apperance.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That reminds me, was shinobi just a one time villain apperance. I literally forgot he even existed. I don't believe he has ever appeared again outside that particular story. If he did, it must have been unmemorable like his first apperance.
    that wasnt his first story. He debuted in X-factor and later was in Uncanny during the story with the Upstarts

Ultimate Member

Yeah Shinobi and Warren were old friends/rivals and at first if memory serves Shinobi wanted Warren to join his new Inner Circle but Warren refused and yeah Shinobi showed up from time to time...I wouldn't put Banshee or Sunfire or Mystique in that group, but if you added M then you could have probably the best looking X-team in history...as they would probably openly admit to...

Changeling? No thank you. Cecilia Reyes is cool but she much prefers to stay out of the crossfire right?
    We all have our preferences I suppose. I like the path of redemption/atonement Frenzy was put on.
    Fair enough. I don't like Monet
    I always wanted the Silver Age X-Men allies to form a team (Banshee, Sunfire, Changeling, maybe Mimic). Cecilia Reyes needs time in the spotlight esp. since her powers have become so versatile.
    I don't like Frenzy. You don't like Monet. At least we both love Archangel.

Archangel & Psylocke vs Shinobi Shaw... Loved this issue. Gods, those metal wings are sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'