Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Warren has pretty much been forgotten about in giving Scott his big push, Bobby has been reduced to a joke of a character and Beast is basically made to look terrible to make Cyclops look even better, so no matter what happens to Warren Marvel won't dare let him come close to Scott's level so if anything it'll be something that'll happen and then get put back into the background.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I would love for the inversion to really change him cause Nuangel sucks. But I doubt he's gonna, show all the mutants much lest everyone, who was inverted. From what I've seen angel won't be there. Every art piece shows cyclops, havok, apocalypse, rogue teen jean and nightcrawler
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 11-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

Well we've seen NuAngel in the previews for the first issue of Spider-Man and the X-men...sadly he pretty much just holds up the background and takes up space...

I saw Evan on the cover, too. We'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Warren...trying to ignore his own wounds to try and help Betsy recover from hers...

I was holding out hope for Warren's return during Axis, and that hope is pretty much gone. Whenever Marvel finally decides that he's of use I want him to become a turncoat and go to the Avengers. Imagine an Uncanny Avengers book with Archangel in it...I'd definitely read that.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that he'd turn on the X-men, as the whole Avengers thing will probably be over by that time, if anything I'd kind of always wanted to see him start his own team, use some of his homes and such around the world as bases...just get Betsy and a few others on the team as well and have fun from there...

I'd be afraid to see him on Uncanny Avengers as he'd probably be the team's resident mutant and be like the 4th or 5th main character...always in the background...

Screw the X-Men, they were negligent and enablers during a time when Warren was mentally vulnerable. I say he has every right to turn on them.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I would love for the inversion to really change him cause Nuance sucks. But I doubt he's gonna, show all the mutants much lest everyone, who was inverted. From what I've seen angel won't be there. Every art piece shows cyclops, havok, apocalypse, rogue teen jean and nightcrawler
    You know that brings up an interesting question. I already mentioned my grief about NuAngel in a previous post (the what happened to archangel thread) but I am curious to know what are your dislikes or problems with NuAngel? Also if you had control over his characterization what would you do with him in Axis???
    I have this nagging feeling whatever is revealed with him is going to be at the very end or over Astonishing Avengers in a cameo.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I have seen the light!!!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I'm a fan of the character but more the Archangel version. The regular version survives in combat because of writrers grace imo. At least Archangel he had speed, durability and ranged weapons.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I'm a fan of the character but more the Archangel version. The regular version survives in combat because of writrers grace imo. At least Archangel he had speed, durability and ranged weapons.
    I believe he'd be a more compelling character if he went solo.He is the most underused out of the original 5 because he has zero offensive powers and his characterisation has consistently been that of the deeply insecure playboy.

It'd be interesting if he left the X-Men in order to set out on a journey to redemption after he regains his memories.Perhaps Beast,Iceman,Rogue(who went through hell to gain the X-Men's trust)and Psylocke(after she's dealt with her own personal demons)could accompany him.That's a solo book I'd get my hands on.

They don't even have to use the Archangel persona. Give his powers a upgrade where he can fly at subsonic speed. Otherwise most anti-aircraft defences or even highly trained soldiers would imo have no problem shooting down the character. Surviving because the writer gives him a edge or they simply don't target the character. Or give him a pouch of grenades or bombs. Or even a missile launcher. Agreed about the characterisation as well. At this point what he has been through he should at least loss the insecurity complex.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.