Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

That's why I thought that after Spurrier's run say have Warren return, how cool would it be for Warren to be the one to beat Evan/NuApocalypse and restore things, then he and Betsy can help each other heal, get say Kurt and Beast and say Warpath and Siryn given that they're not doing anything and have some fun...that way all of those characters can get some healing characterization.

The NuAngel is a way to have him around but be able to use him as just another face in the crowd...and such...

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    They don't even have to use the Archangel persona. Give his powers a upgrade where he can fly at subsonic speed. Otherwise most anti-aircraft defences or even highly trained soldiers would imo have no problem shooting down the character. Surviving because the writer gives him a edge or they simply don't target the character. Or give him a pouch of grenades or bombs. Or even a missile launcher. Agreed about the characterisation as well. At this point what he has been through he should at least loss the insecurity complex.
    This is overly complicated, all you have to do is make him the X-men's version of Batman. All it'd take is a few minor tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    This is overly complicated, all you have to do is make him the X-men's version of Batman. All it'd take is a few minor tweaks.
    I feel like a lot of these problems could be solved if they just studied a bit about birds of prey(look at the way they hunt,attack, and migrate), Aerodynamics, and maybe something about biblical angels (please no healing version, that has been done to death). It could give him an interesting niche without having to resort to constant power upgrades or being a carbon copy of something else. It might also get writers interested in him again and explore new avenues.
    Also instead of power upgrades why not have him learn some sort of skill. Could be magical, could be combat, or tech wise but something that doesn't resort to again the next power upgrade.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

But if he got a magical thing or tech...wouldn't that just be a knock on Warren as not being good enough without it...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You know that brings up an interesting question. I already mentioned my grief about NuAngel in a previous post (the what happened to archangel thread) but I am curious to know what are your dislikes or problems with NuAngel? Also if you had control over his characterization what would you do with him in Axis???
    I have this nagging feeling whatever is revealed with him is going to be at the very end or over Astonishing Avengers in a cameo.
    Well maybe the inversion brings out his old self that could be buried. Either way you do it I'd prefer Warren to keep his current metal wings and be Warren again., not this blank canvas
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

They don't want anyone to challenge Scott and the real Warren coming back could certainly fix a few things, especially if he uses the life seed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Well maybe the inversion brings out his old self that could be buried. Either way you do it I'd prefer Warren to keep his current metal wings and be Warren again., not this blank canvas
    Seconded.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They don't want anyone to challenge Scott and the real Warren coming back could certainly fix a few things, especially if he uses the life seed to do it.
    I don't see Warren's return challenging Scott in any way. Elixir and Triage effectively have life seed resurrection powers already but I doubt Warren would keep those powers should he return.

Now... If life seed NuAngel fought death seed Banshee and cancelled each other out to leave us with their original versions again... THAT would be epic!
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

I only meant that Marvel wouldn't let even a returned Warren challenge Scott, I don't want Warren with the life seed powers either, just use it to have the "real" Warren return and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am not going to lie, even the blank canvas I have at home has more personality than this one...
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But if he got a magical thing or tech...wouldn't that just be a knock on Warren as not being good enough without it...
    I was just offering ideas that branch into new paths without having to resort to the new power upgrade every couple of years.
    For example Storm has thief skills, kitty is a tech wizard, Magik has that limbo magik and etc.
    It doesn't have to necessarily be a new powerset just a small thing like a hobby or interest that can be potentially useful in battle and outside as well.
    God knows how many times I have locked myself out of the house and have to lock pick my way back in.

I forget who is the writer is that used Warren's business savvy side...
    Hell flight and navigation are great skills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I forget who is the writer is that used Warren's business savvy side...
    Hell flight and navigation are great skills as well.
    Warren's already a pilot of great skill.

Business savvy... Might be the same guy who gave us The X-Ranch!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

On a more positive note...

Quite possibly the most beautiful statue ever. Of COURSE it's sold out. Click image for more.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-18-2014 at 11:53 PM.

In terms of Warren's other skills... His eagle-sharp eyesight makes him the perfect sniper.
    Uncanny #394
    arc1.jpg
    arc2.jpg

I remember when Warren would swoop down on people like a human mass of terror like the god damn Batman. Oh how I miss that.

Ultimate Member

I think that in many ways Warren is the Marvel version of James Bond...but with wings and millions of dollars...

As for the magic think, I just didn't want him to get something tacked on or to have some new ability just show up out of nowhere again.