Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

I just realized with all our powers combined we just wrote a better Warren than anything the writers have done in the past few years.

Also Whooo LoganAlpha30X33 for the 100 post!!!!

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I just realized with all our powers combined we just wrote a better Warren than anything the writers have done in the past few years.
    To be fair Remender's Warren was phenomenal (once the Death persona took over). If Warren had stayed like that permanently it would have been fine with me.

Worthington 2014
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    To be fair Remender's Warren was phenomenal (once the Death persona took over). If Warren had stayed like that permanently it would have been fine with me.
    Though he in turn turned Warren into a weak and pathetic character who only needed Betsy to keep his two psyche's in check...and you wouldn't want me to crowd surf Izanami...I'd flatten everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though he in turn turned Warren into a weak and pathetic character who only needed Betsy to keep his two psyche's in check...and you wouldn't want me to crowd surf Izanami...I'd flatten everyone...
    Remender's character 'work' on Warren was to pave the way for both the kickass Archapocalypse and icky Betsy/Fantomex. It reminded me greatly of what was done to get Betsy and Thunderbird III together. Warren became a burden, someone who was dependent on Betsy when what Betsy 'needed' was a 'real' man to show her action and adventure and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What you perceived as weak I perceived as broken and vulnerable. He was in need of help and due to the negligence of the team (X-Force) he was allowed to succumb to his inner darkness. The team created what it set out to destroy.
    Last edited by C_W; 11-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.

What you perceived as weak I perceived as broken and vulnerable. He was in need of help and due to the negligence of the team (X-Force) he was allowed to succumb to his inner darkness. The team created what it said out to destroy.
    Bastion's resurrected human villains are the ones who brought out the Archangel personality again. Back in 80s X-Factor and 90s X-Men, Warren struggled with the influence of the wings but he was never portrayed as badly [weak and impotent] as he was in UXF.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Back in 80s X-Factor and 90s X-Men, Warren struggled with the influence of the wings but he was never portrayed as badly [weak and impotent] as he was in UXF.
    Blame it on the accension protocol triggered by the death of the child Apocalypse killed in the first issue of X-Force. This wasn't him fighting the influence of the wings, it was him fighting off the will to become the next Apocalypse. Naturally it would involve more suffering.
    Last edited by C_W; 11-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Blame it on the accension protocol triggered by the death of the child Apocalypse killed in the first issue of X-Force. This wasn't him fighting the influence of the wings, it was him fighting of the will to become the next Apocalypse. Naturally it would involve more suffering.
    Even in UXF #1, long before they killed the first Kid Apoc, Warren's mentality was presented as feeble and his ability to control the Archangel personality made him literally dependent on Psylocke and her telepathy.
    arcuxf1.jpg
    arcuxf2.jpg

Same here. He made such a great antagonist and enjoyable villain. I was happy that he wasn't cliche. He had some depth to him and was a nice guy... sort of (poor Autumn and Genocide). He reminded me a bit of David Xanatos in certain scenes. I did hope that he became a major villain since he carried so much weight and tension towards the X-Men; including being one of the original x-men and ascending into the position of one of their greatest enemy. Sometimes the greatest of friends can become the worst of enemies. It was such a travesty that he was killed off and that Warren didn't play any role towards his destruction. I do agree with nx01a and LoganAlpha30X33 in the assessment of Warren's Character done by Remender. It was one of the things I distaste in his run. I didn't like the way he was particularly tied down to Betsy either and how he isn't able to do anything without her. Betsy isn't a babysitter, she is a valuable teammate and friend. I would of enjoyed if he "haunted" Archangel the same way he did to him during the climax of the story. I would of been such marvelous irony. Also the nice bonus of watching archangel being destroyed on the inside by the person he thought was broken and weak.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Now I'd like to see Betsy get fixed with Warren's help as their love would be part of what would bring him back one way or another, Warren needs to be written as a guy that you do not want to get in his way, with a touch of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Even in UXF #1, long before they killed the first Kid Apoc, Warren's mentality was presented as feeble and his ability to control the Archangel personality made him literally dependent on Psylocke and her telepathy.
    He wrote that to setup his DAS story (and perhaps for new readers), it doesn't bother me all too much.

Double Post
    Last edited by C_W; 11-19-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

He wrote that to setup his DAS story (and perhaps for new readers), it doesn't bother me all too much.
    Even though it was the complete opposite of the rest of their relationship in the sense that neither "needed" the other before in that way and it was real love between them...their conversation before that rooftop kiss says a lot about them imho.

Either way Remender eventually made him into a massive badass.

"Our world has been distorted. Much like the one you just returned from. Its natural course has been interfered with. I must rectify that. The reality-bending witch Wanda Maximoff said 'No more mutants' and our people were devastated, reduced to less than 200 planetwide. In that moment the natural evolution intended for this world was shattered. I'm going to set this all right... I'm going to reset evolution."

That gave me chills the first time I read it.