Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No worries. It just hit me that we just discussed that...lol

The Gold team of the 90s is going to get a mini reunion of sorts in Typhoid Fever with Jean, Storm, Iceman, Bishop (and Nightcrawler) representing the X-men. Its too bad Warren isnt included. Id have swapped him out for Kurt. I do hope Warren makes it to an active roster soon
    All right, I want to see if I have finally figured out how to post here without multi posts and my post still going through. I tried in the new Polaris thread and it didn't go through. So will reply to a short post to start with.

Going off of preview art, I don't think Warren will be in a comic. He might even be the X-Man who dies in the Extermination event. Now lets see if my response is posted.

Edit: It worked for now at least.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-05-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that they'd finally put him fully back together only to kill him off again so I don't think that he'll die, and who know he could show up in a book, they're not going to tell us about every character...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I see that you guys need some topics for discussion so I thought of lending a hand.

1. What are your guy's opinions about Teen Angel appearing more frequently in events than his non-displaced counterpart? Do you guys believe this will continue in some form after the end of extermination?
    2. What is your opinion on the Apocalypse Twins? I am not fond of them but I do want to know everyone else's opinion. What about their connection to Angel?
    3. Branching from above. If he were to have children or adopt one. How would you write it and what would they do?
    4. What are your hopes and expectations for the 05 reunion sans Scott? What are your feelings on Warren reuniting with the rest of the group and Jean?
    5. If you had the ability to make an arc or mini centering on Warren, what would you write? This is a free for all. Go wild.

If you guys have any other ideas for topics go ahead. This was just to have an interesting point of conversation.
    And now, I will try for a longer post.

1. I don't like teen Angel appearing in events more than Adult Warren. But that may be due to what was happening in Astonishing. If I recall correctly, Phoenix Resurrection is supposed to have happened before Astonishing took place. So it may be a case of Marvel not wanting to spoil what would happen to Warren in Astonishing.

2. I think I have said this before, and I don't want to sound like a broken record like I did with Warren's wings in an earlier post of mine, but I liked Uriel, the boy if that's how you spell his name. I always Warren to at least make a comment where he acknowledges that he knows his children existed.

3. I would prefer for Archangel to not have more children. If he did, I guess the most interesting thing would be knowing who the mother is.

4.I'm interested in the O5 reunion sans Scott just because I don't recall Angel spending much panel time with Beast recently, and he hasn't talked to Jean since she was resurrected. I'm not as interested in Iceman, just because I don't enjoy their friendship as much as some other members of this forum do. I prefer Iceman/Rogue/Cannonball. Same with Cyclops. I prefer to see him with other characters.

I guess that I see Jean as being Warren's best friend amongst the O5, ad I enjoy reading him with Beast. Just my opinions.

5. If I were to have to write an Archangel story t would probably suck.

To add to an earlier reply in this post, I would like to see a story where Archangel would have to battle his children the Apocalypse twins.
    That or maybe a more lighthearted adventure Dazzler.

I know that some of these are answers that I have given in the past, and I don't want to sound like a broken record but this is a long post, and I want to see if it goes through and is posted.

IDA about teen Angel appearing more in events than Warren. He's only been back since Apocalypse Wars in 2015. How many events have there been since then? Civil War II, IvX, Secret Empire? He's been in all. I dont think Astonishing had anything to do with this as we didnt have any of those in the middle of its run. Unless Im missing something. Teen Angel didnt even have much of a significant role in any of those eithers as he tended to be used as background material to round up the numbers with the O5

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that they'd finally put him fully back together only to kill him off again so I don't think that he'll die, and who know he could show up in a book, they're not going to tell us about every character...
    Maybe he dies, maybe he doesn't. This could be a deal where the new X-editor simply doesn't like Archangel and decided to go in a different direction with him. He's the only surviving member of the O5 not to be in any art, and he's the only member of the original Gold team not to appear in the Typhoid fever cover. Could be a coincidence I guess.

I know that you wont be happy with this part of my answer Logan, and I'm not trying to antagonize you, but given what we currently know, I just don't see where Archangel fits in a comic. As of now my best guess is that he ends up teamed with one of the characters in the X-Men Black minis, Emma maybe.
    Unless they have more comics that they haven't announced yet.

IDA about teen Angel appearing more in events than Warren. He's only been back since Apocalypse Wars in 2015. How many events have there been since then? Civil War II, IvX, Secret Empire? He's been in all. I dont think Astonishing had anything to do with this as we didnt have any of those in the middle of its run. Unless Im missing something. Teen Angel didnt even have much of a significant role in any of those eithers as he tended to be used as background material to round up the numbers with the O5
    Okay, when you put it like that....

But really, I was thinking more along the lines of more recent events like Phoenix Resurrection and the Gambit/Rogue wedding. Teen Angel appeared in Resurrection and the wedding issue whereas Adult Angel did not.

While I wouldn't be happy if Teen Angel kept appearing more often than Adult Warren, it would seem to be a moot point anyway. Teen Angel seems to be returning to the past in the Extermination event.

Ultimate Member

Or he's just not one of the headliners of any of those books and such so they haven't spoken much about him as of yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I know that you wont be happy with this part of my answer Logan, and I'm not trying to antagonize you, but given what we currently know, I just don't see where Archangel fits in a comic. As of now my best guess is that he ends up teamed with one of the characters in the X-Men Black minis, Emma maybe.
    Unless they have more comics that they haven't announced yet.

Okay, when you put it like that....

But really, I was thinking more along the lines of more recent events like Phoenix Resurrection and the Gambit/Rogue wedding. Teen Angel appeared in Resurrection and the wedding issue whereas Adult Angel did not.

While I wouldn't be happy if Teen Angel kept appearing more often than Adult Warren, it would seem to be a moot point anyway. Teen Angel seems to be returning to the past in the Extermination event.
    Warren was in PR. He didnt have any lines, but he was there. I guess I would care more if they did anything with teen Angel but they dont. When it comes to the actual events it goes Jean, Scott, Beast, Bobby and Warren in terms of utilization. His wings are just cool to draw but he never factors in to the plots like the others do

Warren was in PR. He didnt have any lines, but he was there. I guess I would care more if they did anything with teen Angel but they dont. When it comes to the actual events it goes Jean, Scott, Beast, Bobby and Warren in terms of utilization. His wings are just cool to draw but he never factors in to the plots like the others do
    I think that adult Angel appeared in one panel of PR, if I remember correctly. I think it was a spread shot of the X-Men getting of the Blackbird. Obviously I have no way of knowing if I am right, but his appearance almost came across as an artist mistake to me. Did the adult Angel appear in more pages than I remember?

I think that the events that teen Angel was utilized in the most were Black Vortex, and the Poison X story. And really, he wasn't used much in Poison X a whole lot that I can remember.
    Maybe one of teen Angel's problems in Blue was that he was used in the set up to the Mothervine plot along with Jimmy and the Sheriff Lee, and then the 05 were lost in space during the Venom crossover and missed the Mothervine conclusion.

One of teen Angel's biggest problems were that most of his stories revolved around just being X-23's boyfriend once they became a couple, and I didn't care for that romance. Others may disagree.

In my opinion, teen Angel may have been more interesting if he had actually come across villains like Hodge, or some Apocalypse characters. The villains that really made his life hell. Instead what we got was a small panel of Angel fighting some Smiley Right soldiers who worked for Hodge with no real mention of them.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-06-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Teen Angel often had the same problem that grown Warren does, Marvel tends and tended to focus on Scott and Jean and Beast, leaving Warren and Bobby to stand in the background and not get much...the teen Angel and Laura romance was fine with me, not perfect but not terrible...

BANNED

New ML classic Archangel fig coming, by the end of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Teen Angel often had the same problem that grown Warren does, Marvel tends and tended to focus on Scott and Jean and Beast, leaving Warren and Bobby to stand in the background and not get much...the teen Angel and Laura romance was fine with me, not perfect but not terrible...
    In regards to the teen O5, those stories were almost assuredly going to feature Jean and Cyclops over the other three. One of adult Jean or adult Cyclops were always dead, and before adult Jean came back they were both dead. It would make sense that the teen 05's series' would revolve around the two dead kids, and the story of how their future relationship would end up going down the drain.

And the other three teen O5 did get some moments. Beast received an ongoing story line where he became a magic user, and he defeated Juggernaut in Blue's first story. He was also an antagonist for Scott for Jean. Iceman came out of the closet as gay, but he probably could have used more besides that. The teen Angel was given two stories that were meant to be a big deal, the Black Vortex powers, and the romance with X-23. The problem is that those two stories never really took off the way that Marvel hoped that they would, at least not in my opinion.

And I would say that during their time togather in X-Factor, the adult members of the O5 all had equal story time, with maybe the exception of Iceman. I still prefer stories where the five characters aren't togather, though.

I know that it no longer matters since teen Angel will be returning to the past, but since you are a fan of teen Angel/X-23, what stories would you have liked to see them in.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-08-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Well, I've just read the preview for the Astonishing Annual. The preview is nice, but it appears that Warren is back to having an Angel/Archangel split personality.

It appears that when X erased everyone's memories at the end of Soule's run he also erased Warren's memory of having his mind fixed

@Heroine addict thanks for the info on a new archangel figure. Surprised it came with 4 head sculpts. Not sure how to feel with the one where he went crazy with the eye liner.

@ArchAngelSliver Uriel seems to be the only one of the twins with actual development and personality in my opinion. So much build up with them being archangel's children and there is no pay off especially with the x-men not present. If archangel was the reason why humanity turned on mutants and helped the red skull it should of rippled out to the x-books and to specifically to nuangel. That would of been interesting and i would of enjoyed Scott's reaction to keeping mutants safe with the revelation especially with young Warren in the team.

Now for the preview, I almost choked on my drink when I read your interpretation of X erasing his memories of being fixed. I couldn't help laugh when I read that.

But seriously the archangel persona needs a new motivation and reason for existence instead of heir of apocalypse. He needs something new. Anything would do at this point. Even archangel having an existential crisis would be refreshing. That would be an interesting conversation Warren could have with his other self. I am just making this up as I go along.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

WTF Double Post
    Last edited by Izanami; 08-12-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    @Heroine addict thanks for the info on a new archangel figure. Surprised it came with 4 head sculpts. Not sure how to feel with the one where he went crazy with the eye liner. ...

... But seriously the archangel persona needs a new motivation and reason for existence instead of heir of apocalypse. He needs something new. Anything would do at this point. Even archangel having an existential crisis would be refreshing. That would be an interesting conversation Warren could have with his other self. I am just making this up as I go along.
    You're welcome, and yeah, could've done without that one.

You're right also, Warren needs a new direction & reason for being, beyond a replay of Archangel's greatest hits. With all his resources, I think he should be THE Mutant pioneer of the modern day, orchestrating a future vision that's grand in scope & revolutionary in thought. The engineer of something truly groundbreaking, an ambitious scheme, worthy of a Worthington. An undertaking, that would have the world...

.. in awe. It's time to go BIG, or go home, for the X-Men's fabulous flyboy. He should be a bit player, no longer, he should be a leader.