Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I love Celtic mythology, it's so wonderfully weird. Native American folklore is another topic that team could explore. Maybe Egyptian, too, with Warren's connection to Apocalypse.
    I don't think that linking Archangel with Egyptian mythology would be a good idea. Dc already has Hawkman, a winged character with some ties to Egyptian supernaturalism. It might make Warren and Hawkman to similar.Just my opinion.
    That also may be why Marvel wouldn't want to link Warren with Dani. Asgard already has an angel character with ties it and Heven. It's Angela.

Of course, this is just harmless fan speculation, so if everyone is having fun with it keep on keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I agree Celtic and Native American Mythology is incredibly underrated. One of the few shows that used this in a great way was Gargoyles. Egyptian is interesting especially considering they are more about law and order than morality. :3 Anubis for example is trying to get you 100 percent to the underworld and we need more death related spirits that aren't evil.

Speaking of that, the reason I chose Siryn and Banshee is due to folklore with the actual Banshee and her wail. If you guys are familiar with that story. Having Terry associated with the underworld, war, and death lends itself nicely to the team. We have a Fairy, an Angel, a Valkyrie, Former goddess of Death, A prophet, and the last one being based of a Karasu Tengu (they are the crow mountain spirits, sometimes priests). Karasu comes from the Legion solo where she had a Twin and joined the Jean Grey Institute for a secret reason. She is a low level telepath somewhat. Should check her out a bit.
    It's been a while since Warren had anything supernatural happen to him, kinda miss his Pre 90's stories. The two that stood out to me when it came to that was when he talked to a ghost and when he dealt with psychic ghost vampire entity. You think hanging with the Champions would milk a lot of stories with him and Ghostrider. Loved his line about being the first Angel to break into Heaven. :P
    Yeah, I thought that you may have chose Banshee and Siryn because of the actual Banshee for a story. You get some supernatural ties that make some sense. And I would pick Siryn for the story. Her status as the Morrigan gives her ties to death and the Underworld. And the characters you picked for this team would make sense for dealing with this type of supernatural character.

Thank you for explaining who Karasu is. Every time I did a search for the character the result I ended up getting results for a Manga/Anime character.

And I have always wanted Angel to interact more with Ghostrider.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive wanted to see Warren get back to prominence by leading but given his current status quo as of the AXM annual, he has no business leading any team right now. He's not mentally stable enough to handle that type of responsibility and if he's honest with himself, thats something he'd agree with
    Yeah, that is how I feel about Archangel being a leader right now also. I cant imagine any body wanting to take orders from him with his problems. Any one who would follow him would have to be awfully foolish.

Edit: I sort of messed up my response to Arachne's post and had to fix it. I put my response into his/her quote.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well up until the Annual he was all fixed and back to his old self, or at least as close as he was going to get...and again that would only work if Marvel would even keep the whole Morrigan mess with Terry...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well up until the Annual he was all fixed and back to his old self, or at least as close as he was going to get...and again that would only work if Marvel would even keep the whole Morrigan mess with Terry...
    Yes, but the Astonishing Annual, as well as the Astonishing series itself, undid the good work that Bunn did in fixing Warren. It's cannon.

And I have stated before that I am not fond of Terry being the Morrigan, but I think she would make sense and be fun to read about in the type of supernatural story that has been being talked about in this thread recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    That also may be why Marvel wouldn't want to link Warren with Dani. Asgard already has an angel character with ties it and Heven. It's Angela.

Of course, this is just harmless fan speculation, so if everyone is having fun with it keep on keeping on.
    And despite this post of mine, I still like the idea of Warren and Dani to gather, so I will keep on keeping on having fun speculating about it.

Ultimate Member

Actually the series itself in Astonishing did have X fix Warren, and then the Annual undid that out of the blue and changed things...as for the Morrigan, it'd be easy for Marvel to just ignore it...

Actually the series itself in Astonishing did have X fix Warren, and then the Annual undid that out of the blue and changed things...as for the Morrigan, it'd be easy for Marvel to just ignore it...
    So for the record, Warren has been "fixed" in Bunn's UXM, then again in "Astonishing X-Men" because apparently Warren no longer having bloodlust was not good enough. Sounds to me like writers are throwing the reset button on Warren like they did with X-23. Anyone want to place bets on the next writer who resets and fixes Warren?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Rosenberg has already reset him, so I'm guessing he'll fix him.

I wonder, could what X did to "fix" Warren given X an easy way to control the Archangel?

BANNED

I see what you did and I wholeheartedly agree.
    I enjoy it when Warren interacts with other characters. It offers numerous possibilities when interacting with different worlds, people, and situations. Like how The New Mutants went to Asgard.
    Exactly. Bobby, and Warren even more so, have always been overshadowed by Jean, Scott & Hank. Iceman has been lucky enough to get two solo titles, and he's been a staple member of the X-Men throughout the years, whereas Angel has been around but not really apart of the core X-Men. I think giving him so exposure away from the others, and building relationships with other X-Men would help to strengten his character and his popularity.

Ultimate Member

Well then just give him a team to lead or co-lead and go from there...just not a supernatural team, as that would to a degree restrict them to working only in that field...I fear...

just not a supernatural team, as that would to a degree restrict them to working only in that field...I fear...
    Yeah no, it's not like Warren has never fought ghosts, vampires, demons, kaiju, aliens, mole people, robots, witches, dinosaurs, werewolves, monsters, and all sort of supernatural and sci-fi stuff. You need to get your head out of the 90's and read more stories concerning Warren where he did do all these things. If you need a recomendation of books I can help with that. Warren got into some interesting creepy and weird stuff back in the day. You need to stop neglecting that those things exist. Him being in a supernatural route isn't uncommon it happens all the time even with X-Men. Remember when the X-men fought Darcula and Vampire storm? There is a reason why those stories stand out and Warren is a good fit. All you need is a creative writer to create a situation for Warren to go into be a hero. Not to mention nice poses with Gothic Architecture.

I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

I don't remember saying that they didn't exist, only that I didn't want Warren to get stuck in those types of stories and miss out on the big storylines of the day and such...

I don't remember saying that they didn't exist, only that I didn't want Warren to get stuck in those types of stories and miss out on the big storylines of the day and such...
    What big stories? If there is a company-wide event or an event going on in the greater Marvel Universe they will cross over to the x-books. Have you forgotten IvX, Apocalypse Wars, Extermination, AvX, Messiah War, X-Tinction Agenda, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, Secret Empire, Secret Wars, Infinity Crusade, Fear Itself, Black Vortex, the list goes on.
    Each book has their own seperate storylines and arcs until the editor says there is a mainline Marvel event in which they need to hault their story and write about what is currently affecting the Marvel Universe.
    Archangel has barely missed any "Big Storylines" in the past 30 years. Do you even read any of the comics or know how they work? You make absolutely no sense. If you don't like where a topic is going make your own constantly whinning about it isn't going to get people on your side or change things at Marvel.
    Last edited by Izanami; 09-10-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Rosenberg has already reset him, so I'm guessing he'll fix him.

I wonder, could what X did to "fix" Warren given X an easy way to control the Archangel?
    I believe it was nx01a who speculated a while back that X had only pretended to fix Warren so that he could have an assassin available whenever he needed one. It could be what is going on. On the other hand, if X just left Warren with the unstable Archangel personality, well Archangel could end up killing a whole lot of people if Warren lost control again. I'm not sure if X would risk that.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Exactly. Bobby, and Warren even more so, have always been overshadowed by Jean, Scott & Hank. Iceman has been lucky enough to get two solo titles, and he's been a staple member of the X-Men throughout the years, whereas Angel has been around but not really apart of the core X-Men. I think giving him so exposure away from the others, and building relationships with other X-Men would help to strengten his character and his popularity.
    Yeah, Warren used to be more important to the X-Men, but that seemed to go away when Austen started writing him with Husk. He started to rebound with X-Force, but we all saw how that ended up going with NuAngel.

And really, Warren's best stories seem to happen when he is away from the core X-Men. So I think that it would most definitely help Warren to interact with some different characters on a splinter team. And like you said, it might expose him to some other readers than just the ones who only read the core book.

Well then just give him a team to lead or co-lead and go from there...just not a supernatural team, as that would to a degree restrict them to working only in that field...I fear...
    Well, Logan, buddy, if you want Warren to lead or co-lead a team, the team would have to have something that would make it different from the core tittle. The team would need it's own mission statement. I think that the idea of a team that works with supernatural situations is the best one mentioned thus far. Especially if X-Force is out of the picture for Warren the way that many members of this forum wish.

Yeah no, it's not like Warren has never fought ghosts, vampires, demons, kaiju, aliens, mole people, robots, witches, dinosaurs, werewolves, monsters, and all sort of supernatural and sci-fi stuff. You need to get your head out of the 90's and read more stories concerning Warren where he did do all these things. If you need a recomendation of books I can help with that. Warren got into some interesting creepy and weird stuff back in the day. You need to stop neglecting that those things exist. Him being in a supernatural route isn't uncommon it happens all the time even with X-Men. Remember when the X-men fought Darcula and Vampire storm? There is a reason why those stories stand out and Warren is a good fit. All you need is a creative writer to create a situation for Warren to go into be a hero. Not to mention nice poses with Gothic Architecture.
    Yep, I agree with you Izanami.
    And there is your perfect example of how Warren could work in supernatural stories, Logan30X33.

Ultimate Member

Iz, I never said that he missed out on any of those big events, I just didn't want Warren to miss out on a big event because he was on a supernatural slanted team...and no he wouldn't have to lead a splinter team if Jean and Storm and such were already on one team, he'd co lead the other main team...

And despite this post of mine, I still like the idea of Warren and Dani to gather, so I will keep on keeping on having fun speculating about it.
    So do I. I might even do some art if I get the time.

The idea that they could have a mindlink like Dani has with Wolfsbane intrigues me. This is silly speculation, but it might even explain why they're rarely seen together. Somehow I doubt the Prof would want playboy Warren mindlinked to a 16 year old student, especially one he knew as an infant. Even later Prof X might want her away from the whole Archangel thing.

I believe it was nx01a who speculated a while back that X had only pretended to fix Warren so that he could have an assassin available whenever he needed one. It could be what is going on. On the other hand, if X just left Warren with the unstable Archangel personality, well Archangel could end up killing a whole lot of people if Warren lost control again. I'm not sure if X would risk that.
    Yeah, I could definitely see X doing both and thinking it's for the best. He's a real bastard these days.

Ultimate Member

Or he did fix Warren but left in a trigger word or phrase or whatever like a sleeper cell, that 99% of the time he's fine and normal...