Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1681

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Iz, I never said that he missed out on any of those big events, I just didn't want Warren to miss out on a big event because he was on a supernatural slanted team...and no he wouldn't have to lead a splinter team if Jean and Storm and such were already on one team, he'd co lead the other main team...
    Logan, you are taking this idea to seriously. All this supernatural stuff is fans coming up with fun story ideas that we think would be interesting. It's not coming from writers who actually work for Marvel. If we are the ones coming up with these ideas, then I don't see why we cant set the stories up for Warren to appear in crossovers or big events that don't actually exist. Again, these are attempts by fans to come up with story ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    So do I. I might even do some art if I get the time.

The idea that they could have a mindlink like Dani has with Wolfsbane intrigues me. This is silly speculation, but it might even explain why they're rarely seen together. Somehow I doubt the Prof would want playboy Warren mindlinked to a 16 year old student, especially one he knew as an infant. Even later Prof X might want her away from the whole Archangel thing.

Yeah, I could definitely see X doing both and thinking it's for the best. He's a real bastard these days.
    Great. I like seeing fan art.

Well at this point at least Dani wouldn't be 16. And it still beats Husk, at least on paper.

I'm not sure if X would care if Dani were around Archangel at this point. He still cares about his students, but he is willing to do things that he thinks are necessary. Including using his students as weapons. If he found Dani to be useful, I think he would use her in a heart beat.

Or he did fix Warren but left in a trigger word or phrase or whatever like a sleeper cell, that 99% of the time he's fine and normal...
    I don't like the idea of X being able to use Archangel whenever he wants to, but I think you might be right. Still, it is hard to tell from that last page from the Astonishing annual.

And it is nice to see Warren on the cover of that X-Men Exterminated story thing, and in his Archangel form. Hopefully this isn't one of those misleading covers, and Warren is in the story.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-12-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post

Well at this point at least Dani wouldn't be 16. And it still beats Husk, at least on paper.
    Pretty much anyone beats Husk. (Dani's two years older and in her 20's now, btw.)

I was actually thinking that Xavier might have implanted a suggestion that they avoid each other back then and just never undid it. Sometimes I wish I had the mindset for writing fanfic.

I'm not sure if X would care if Dani were around Archangel at this point. He still cares about his students, but he is willing to do things that he thinks are necessary. Including using his students as weapons. If he found Dani to be useful, I think he would use her in a heart beat.
    Absolutely. This new X has had all the softness burnt out of him by the Shadow King.

I don't like the idea of X being able to use Archangel whenever he wants to, but I think you might be right. Still, it is hard to tell from that last page from the Astonishing annual.
    Bad news for characters often means good stories for readers.

The Warrens interacting in Blue today was a major disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warren's archangel is inconsistent as fudge. I thought in Astonishing he had full control of it. But in the annual, Jean said it's not? Editor's need to step up their game with these continuity errors. Can he control it or not?

I think it depends on whether X wants him to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Warren's archangel is inconsistent as fudge. I thought in Astonishing he had full control of it. But in the annual, Jean said it's not? Editor's need to step up their game with these continuity errors. Can he control it or not?
    That can easily be explained as X lying to Warren and using him as a sleeper agent to do his bidding when need be, as we saw him use Archangel to assassinate Lucifer. Today in Blue was Bunn ignoring all that so he could reset Warren back to how he was at the end of Uncanny in order to resolve the plot he had to abandon

Ultimate Member

So then we have different writers doing their own thing with individual characters and just totally ignoring each other...

Bad news for characters often means good stories for readers.
    Too true. Especially for Warren.

I didn't mind their interaction in Blue 35. The adult Archangel tends to be a silent character. And the point of their interaction seemed to me to be adult Warren trying to teach teen Warren about the responsibility of guarding over other mutants, which teen Warren immediately tried to ignore, and pass the buck onto Cyclops. May have been some insecurity on teen Warren's part, or a total lack of responsibility on teen Warren's part.

About the only thing that I didn't like was the future scene, where the teen Angel killed Archangel to take his place as Death. I don't think that every Angel story needs to be about Warren going to serve Apocalypse.

This is obviously just my opinion.

So then we have different writers doing their own thing with individual characters and just totally ignoring each other...
    I don't mind Bunn ignoring what happened in Astonishing. That series and the annual pretty much ignored Bunn's work on Archangel first. I thought Bunn deserved to get to finish his story first.
    Plus I just like the story of Archangel having to care for the sleeper mutants. Plus It gave him a new story instead of just repeating his Jekyll and Hyde story.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I didn't mind their interaction in Blue 35. The adult Archangel tends to be a silent character. And the point of their interaction seemed to me to be adult Warren trying to teach teen Warren about the responsibility of guarding over other mutants, which teen Warren immediately tried to ignore, and pass the buck onto Cyclops. May have been some insecurity on teen Warren's part, or a total lack of responsibility on teen Warren's part.l
    That was my problem. I wanted Warren to interact with Warren, not Archangel.

Ultimate Member

Well teen Warren really hasn't gotten much of a chance to talk to the grown up Angel as adult Warren was still NuAngel earlier and now he's not being very talkative...then again it's not like Bunn likes the character anyway...

That was my problem. I wanted Warren to interact with Warren, not Archangel.
    Well, adult Warren is Archangel, even if you use Soule's Astonishing X-Men run to go by. And that version of the adult Warren is somber and not very talkative.

And when adult Archangel states that the Sleepers are in his care, he tells teen Warren that means the Sleepers are in his care as well. I think that means that this was teen and adult Warren interacting.

And really, I think that if teen Warren had talked to adult Warren when he was not in his Archangel form, you probably would have gotten some sort of speech from adult Warren about having to act responsibly, given the problems that taking Apocalypses help caused. I thought showing Archangel taking care of the Sleepers was more creative.

Plus I read the two Warrens' story to be a different take on the two Beasts part of the story. Adult Hank talked about how he doesn't always think about how his ideas may effect other people. And teen Hank talked about his decision to use magic to keep up with adult Hank and a future that he felt had passed him by. And when teen Beast says that he is done with magic, adult Hank tells him that he knows himself, and he finds that hard to believe. I read the two Warrens and two Hanks stories about responsibility tying into each other. Actually, all of the teen O5's stories seemed to be about responsibility to me.

That's just my opinion, and I could have misread what story that Bunn was actually telling.

Question: Does Whedon's run on Astonishing have and Archangel stuff worth reading?

I noticed the other day that Hoopla had the run, but you can only check out 3 books a month. I don't want to waste a checkout figuring out if he's in the book.

Question: Does Whedon's run on Astonishing have and Archangel stuff worth reading?

I noticed the other day that Hoopla had the run, but you can only check out 3 books a month. I don't want to waste a checkout figuring out if he's in the book.
    Nope. Whedon only wrote Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Beast, Kitty, Colossus and Armor for the most part. His finale included alot of characters, including Warren, but its not worth reading just for that cameo

Thanks. I thought so, but since he was on the cover of the 4th trade, I thought I'd check.