Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Avengers Undercover Appreciation: Welcome to Murder World!

New board, new thread.

Hopeless and Walker have really impressed me with what they've done with these kids. I'm really excited to see what happens with the cast as the Masters of Evil take them under their wings.

Let the games begin!
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 04-30-2014 at 07:12 PM.

YEY! I never read Avengers Arena; but loving Avengers Undercover. My favourite character is Anachronism (and Zemo... but that's an unfair advantage); and I ship Aiden/Cullen!

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 01:52 AM.

I read the first issue of Undercover and really liked it. I haven't finished all of Arena yet, but I figured why not? I'm more than happy to catch up with the rest of you and enjoy the ride as I go on.

BANNED

Well Zemo is grand. I really dont want to read this but Hopeless is bringing back Wilder and Runaways got me into comics, I was already reading Manga so I have to stick around

Im really digging this book! Its got a great vibe and cast..man i love those villians as well.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I am enjoying the hell out of AU so far. I do worry that with Walker getting time on the Avengers book though that we might not see to much of him on AU?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YEY! I never read Avengers Arena; but loving Avengers Undercover. My favourite character is Anachronism (and Zemo... but that's an unfair advantage); and I ship Aiden/Cullen!

Do you intend on checking Arena out? I am loving AU but I can't imagine I would like it quite so much if I hadn't read Arena beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Do you intend on checking Arena out? I am loving AU but I can't imagine I would like it quite so much if I hadn't read Arena beforehand.
    Come pay-day (in a few days) I'll be buying the first TPB of Avengers Arena. REALLY sad I didn't buy it first time round, so all the deaths and surprises would be shocking. *le sigh*

Is there a large "Ultimate TPB" available? Or is there plans to release one?

I am enjoying the hell out of AU so far. I do worry that with Walker getting time on the Avengers book though that we might not see to much of him on AU?

That might be a mixed blessing, If I had not read other stuff by Hopeless I would have skipped AU after reading Arena.I am loving AU despite really disliking Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    That might be a mixed blessing, If I had not read other stuff by Hopeless I would have skipped AU after reading Arena.I am loving AU despite really disliking Arena
    To be fair I was always tempted by Arena, but never enough to try it (despite the critical acclaim)... but you add my man Zemo to the mix = OHHHHH boy; I'd never pass that up. Thrilled I gave it a shot, loving it so far.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

I'm really enjoying the book so far and i really love Cammi as the leader! I also love that Cammi was able to make peace with her mother.

I also love the new Masters of Evil line up!

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I'm really enjoying the book so far and i really love Cammi as the leader! I also love that Cammi was able to make peace with her mother.

I also love the new Masters of Evil line up!
    Wonder if they will be called the New Young Masters until this is over. I agree that Cammi will make an excellent leader and it look like Becca might be crushing on Ricky.

Same. I'm enjoying AU but I hated Arena, but then again, I started reading it straight after Avenger's Academy, so it was probably inevitable - after spending like 30 issues getting to know and care about the characters, and then the very abrupt change in mood that Arena brought. That said, I can definitely see why people enjoy Arena... and I think it's easier to enjoy if you hadn't read Avenger's Academy before.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Come pay-day (in a few days) I'll be buying the first TPB of Avengers Arena. REALLY sad I didn't buy it first time round, so all the deaths and surprises would be shocking. *le sigh*

Is there a large "Ultimate TPB" available? Or is there plans to release one?
    Im happy your checking out the first trade, hope you enjoy it. As to an Ultimate TPB, I haven't a clue. I had my fingers crossed it would all be collected in one OHC but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    What got you on board? X-Force? I really liked his Legion of Monsters mini. I find it strange that someone would dislike Arena and then enjoy AU but to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Daken View Post
    Same. I'm enjoying AU but I hated Arena, but then again, I started reading it straight after Avenger's Academy, so it was probably inevitable - after spending like 30 issues getting to know and care about the characters, and then the very abrupt change in mood that Arena brought. That said, I can definitely see why people enjoy Arena... and I think it's easier to enjoy if you hadn't read Avenger's Academy before.
    Haha, thats kinda funny. I actually gave up on Academy for kinda the same reasons. I think it was "Shattered Heroes" where they introduced new students. I kinda rage quit when I thought they were replacing the kids I knew and loved.

Haha, thats kinda funny. I actually gave up on Academy for kinda the same reasons. I think it was "Shattered Heroes" where they introduced new students. I kinda rage quit when I thought they were replacing the kids I knew and loved.
    Ahh. I hadn't read that (I might go check that out now though) I don't tend to read much Avenger's stuff, but I'm a big X-23 fan, so when I heard she was in AA I started reading in, and then I just grew to really like all the characters in there for their own reasons, particularly Hazmat and Finnesse - sad that I haven't seen Finnesse in a while.

What got you on board? X-Force? I really liked his Legion of Monsters mini. I find it strange that someone would dislike Arena and then enjoy AU but to each their own I guess.
    X-force showed me he could write, Arena was just a book about torturing and ki kiling kids for funmand I have alreadt read/sean Battle royal san and the hunger games which at least tried to have a moral to the story, so seeing a exploitative rip-off of better writing did not interest me much A series about a sadistic SOB torturing kids is n just not my style, neither is the mandatory nihilistic outlook of the series.

Here at least the kids are other than victims and playthings to a monster, and that solves my problem with Arena