Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Nice to meet you Ricky, hopefully this helps answer your questions.

1. Yes this is the first appearance of the Braddock Academy.

2. I didn't think it ended to early, maybe it's just that it ended after only 18 issues and hopeless had to make sure everything was wrapped up by the end.

3. Yeah that's most of who died, although I believe Reptil should be on that list unless of course they reveal he actually survived the explosion.

As for Avengers Undercover, you should pick it up, after all it's ending with issue 10 so it will be easier to pick up all the issues. Although, I have to warn you that two of the characters involved, X-23 and Darkhawk, have not shown up so far although that's probably because Laura is over with the All-new X-men. However, it's an amazing sequel to Arena.
    Thanks guys!

I didn't mean that the series ended too early. I just felt like, there was no wrap up. In 2 pages we see heroes collect a few bodies. Then in 2 pages, we see Arcade hiding somewhere. No chance for them to like, gather their thoughts, mourn their friends, interact with heroes who came to get them, or anything like that. I would have really liked to see X-23's reaction when she sees Wolverine is there to get her. Things like that.

I also didn't realize Reptil died!! I saw SHIELD folks bringing up a red lizard-like creature up from the water, waving their arms as though to say "Got another one!" so I was hoping he was saved. Aw man,

Hopeless said that he left Reptil's fate ambiguous enough so other writter could use him if wanted.

In other news, here are two more pages from issue 8. One of them reminds me of Telltale
    BrYkpuuCUAAuAX3.jpg

tumblr_n83ebsefZe1svh5c9o1_500.jpg
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Since Avengers Undercover is being cancelled anyway, I'm just going to wait until August to buy the TPB of the first few issues. Then I'll probably buy the floppies of 7-10, or whatever wasn't included in the first trade. Too bad it's being cancelled. I hope these guys are used elsewhere soon!

It's being cancelled?? I like this book
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    It's being cancelled?? I like this book
    Yeah, issue#10 on September.

Probably to make way for another meaningful title.... like another damn Deadpool book?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Noooooo, not Arena! Don't do this to me Marvel.

I worry for the Likes of Cullen and Cammi. Will we ever see them again? I love these guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Noooooo, not Arena! Don't do this to me Marvel.

I worry for the Likes of Cullen and Cammi. Will we ever see them again? I love these guys...
    Same! Cullen is my favorite so far.

Question about Cammi: Did Hopeless create her for Arena? Or was she already an established teen character? Before reading Arena, I was only really familiar with X-23, Nico, Chase, & the Avengers Academy kids. So I didn't know if the others were new characters or already established elsewhere in the Marvel U.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyDricky View Post
    Same! Cullen is my favorite so far.

Question about Cammi: Did Hopeless create her for Arena? Or was she already an established teen character? Before reading Arena, I was only really familiar with X-23, Nico, Chase, & the Avengers Academy kids. So I didn't know if the others were new characters or already established elsewhere in the Marvel U.
    Cammi first appeared in the cosmic titles, around Annihilation. She was kind of a sidekick of Drax. She was kidnapped by aliens; he rescued her; they adventured as the Annihilation Wave killed millions.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-03-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    Hopeless said that he left Reptil's fate ambiguous enough so other writter could use him if wanted.

In other news, here are two more pages from issue 8. One of them reminds me of Telltale
    BrYkpuuCUAAuAX3.jpg

tumblr_n83ebsefZe1svh5c9o1_500.jpg
    I have to say oh crud for both of these images. It looks like the Young masters are confronting Hazmat about something, probably not something good.

Also, I'm actually not ok with SHIELD and all the heroes coming to save the kids. I think after all that's happened with Murderworld and arresting them that I don't think they have the right to save these kids who can ultimately save themselves.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I have to say oh crud for both of these images. It looks like the Young masters are confronting Hazmat about something, probably not something good.

Also, I'm actually not ok with SHIELD and all the heroes coming to save the kids. I think after all that's happened with Murderworld and arresting them that I don't think they have the right to save these kids who can ultimately save themselves.
    Maybe the kids sent the heroes some kind of distress signal or warning of some kind? So... its less of a rescue and more of a stealthy team up?
    The thing about the heroes showing up is that... it would fall in line with their "proving we're heroes" plan.

I hope that's the case, because I'd hate for it to be that they just decide it's up to them to save the kids after months of failing to be helpful to them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

There is all this huba-baloo over "They killed Arcade!!!" right?
    But did they?
    I mean.... yes. Yes, he died. "BANG" and all that jazz.

But....Hazmat pulled the trigger, right? So.... are the others just accessories to murder then? I mean, yeah, they're certainly guilty of beating the crap out of him, but again...Hazmat pulled the trigger.

Am I just trying to blame Hazmat? ....mmmmmaybe.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Their ability to save themselves is highly dubious.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    There is all this huba-baloo over "They killed Arcade!!!" right?
    But did they?
    I mean.... yes. Yes, he died. "BANG" and all that jazz.

But....Hazmat pulled the trigger, right? So.... are the others just accessories to murder then? I mean, yeah, they're certainly guilty of beating the crap out of him, but again...Hazmat pulled the trigger.

Am I just trying to blame Hazmat? ....mmmmmaybe.
    Who cares if they killed Arcade, they are fools for arresting the kids for killing Arcade especially since they failed to bring Arcade to justice.