Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What can Cyclops do to make S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers get off his back ?

Say what you want about Cyclops and his ideals and revolutions, but you cannot deny that the governments are pressuring S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers to try to recapture him.

Despite what you all feel about the ongoing debate over the Avengers way of handling things and Cyclops way of handling this, is there any way for the two sides to reach some compromise and try to work together to salvage what's left over Xavier's demise and his dream ?

I mean no matter who is to blame for Xavier's death, he did die defending humanity from a threat that would destroy them all if it could.

So is there some way for them to reach an agreement and try to work together on things to salvage what's left of Xavier's dream ?

I mean despite how they feel about him, you know the rest of the X-men will not truly try to go and capture Cyclops given their personal connections to him.

BANNED

Just wait a bit (till the end of the next event or so) for status quo to reassert itself?

Cyclops can get Maria Hill and Captain America off his back by giving them what they want: hate sex.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Cyclops can get Maria Hill and Captain America off his back by giving them what they want: hate sex.
    Yes. Hillclops Must happen to save mutantkind.
    He can also take the JGS route and be Cap's new pet once Wolverine dies, obeying him without doubt, killing for him, and asking for mandates, now that Storm doesn't need them.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

-"Say what you want about Cyclops and his ideals and revolutions, but you cannot deny that the governments are pressuring S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers to try to recapture him."
    No duh.
    -"Despite what you all feel about the ongoing debate over the Avengers way of handling things and Cyclops way of handling this, is there any way for the two sides to reach some compromise and try to work together to salvage what's left over Xavier's demise and his dream ?"
    Yes, but Schism sells, so not gonna happen anytime soon.
    -"I mean no matter who is to blame for Xavier's death, he did die defending humanity from a threat that would destroy them all if it could. "
    A threat caused by the Avengers and exacerbated by Xavier
    -"So is there some way for them to reach an agreement and try to work together on things to salvage what's left of Xavier's dream?"
    Answered above.
    I mean despite how they feel about him, you know the rest of the "X-men will not truly try to go and capture Cyclops given their personal connections to him."
    And the fact that deep down he was right.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Yes. Hillclops Must happen to save mutantkind.
    He can also take the JGS route and be Cap's new pet once Wolverine dies, obeying him without doubt, killing for him, and asking for mandates, now that Storm doesn't need them.
    This. Just become the Avengers pet and it is all forgiven.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This. Just become the Avengers pet and it is all forgiven.
    Maybe not the Avengers, just Maria Hill's. I'd like to imagine that hate sex she wants with Cyke probably includes those handcuffs of hers. She could probably get the Avengers to back off after that.

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    Maybe not the Avengers, just Maria Hill's. I'd like to imagine that hate sex she wants with Cyke probably includes those handcuffs of hers. She could probably get the Avengers to back off after that.
    "I need Cyclops for a few more hours!! For, um, interrogation purposes............".

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

While I like the story of Cyclops being like a 'Jack Bauer' of the Marvel Universe, his wanted status makes zero sense.

- I mean, it was beyond clear he was possessed by an outside force. How many times have the heroes seen or experience this? Like him or not, anybody should be able to realize Scott wouldn't kill Xavier in a right state of mind so its beyond stupid to keep pursuing this.

- Things were fine until the Avengers started sticking their nose and making things worse. (Its why Reed Richards refused to help them) **** didn't hit the fan until they tried to kidnap Hope...for the second time in a row. I mean, the first time, the plan failed miserably. Cyclops played them for suckers and which resulted in a PR shitstorm for the Avengers. The second time Utopia now bigger and guarded by 5 cosmic powered mutants! (After they gave the planet all those wonderful things and shortly after Colossus saved a group of Avengers from getting killed) I mean, how in the world did they think storming the place a second time with would result in a successful operation?

To answer the OP's Question. A+X Captain America agreed he'd personally stop pursuing him (But they still don't like each other) To have Cyclops's Wanted Status Dropped:

1. Heroes used common sense
    2. Xavier returns and tells everybody to find something else better to do
    3. Cyclops will need to save the world all over again but not in the subtle way which the X-Men do but a huge publicity way more like the Avengers.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-28-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    "I need Cyclops for a few more hours!! For, um, interrogation purposes............".
    Well he used to date Emma, so they could borrow a couple of her toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What can Cyclops do to make S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers get off his back ?
    Just my opinion, obviously, but I don't think the ball is in Scott's court on the issue because he is not the only person who has made decisions that have led to the current situation. The Avengers chose to have him incarcerated without trial for a crime he committed as a consequence of being possessed due to their interference with a cosmic entity. Then they chose to leave him in a prison where they knew his life was in imminent danger instead of taking him off to Avengers Tower or putting him into the custody of the other X-Men or finding some other solution that didn't involve risking his life. Both the X-Men as represented by Logan and the Avengers as represented by Tony Stark, instead chose to walk away from a place they knew to be corrupt and dangerous to mutants and to leave Scott locked up in it to be murdered. Scott chose to become a fugitive instead of waiting around to be shived and is now a wanted criminal according to them and to S.H.I.E.L.D. although other people who have murdered people while possessed are not considered wanted criminals by the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D., ironically including some Avengers.

Scott and his team is doing what the X-Men have always done - trying to get to newly emerging mutants before their powers damage others or they are attacked by anti-mutant forces and then to help train them to control their powers. Him doing so has become particularly fraught with danger because he is being targeted by the evil sentinel controller who keeps siccing giant death robots on him, which can lead to damage to people and property, and because the Avengers have shown up mob-handed to grab him, including take a Hulk into a small Australian suburb, and because there has been a conspicuous lack of anyone else bothering to rescue newly emerging mutants from their powers manifesting/trigger happy policemen, except for Kitty and the O5, who are now also working out of the NXS.

There are several things other people could do. A team from the JGS could make it their priority to assist/rescue/contain newly emerging mutants whose powers might be dangerous/who might be persecuted by government forces or local police. They are the first X-Men who have not done that in addition to running a school, after all. Then Scott could stop risking arrest trying to save mutants because someone else would be doing the job.

The Avengers could choose to stop declaring Scott a wanted criminal for committing a crime while possessed, while being happy to hang out with Avengers who have committed crimes while possessed whom they do not feel the need to hunt down and arrest. They could even do something to help mutants themselves while the Uncanny Avengers team that Rogers formed for that purpose is unavoidably detained off-world and so unable to fulfill the assisting mutants part of its mandate. S.H.I.E.L.D. could stop arresting/interrogating/intimidating Scott's pupils in their pursuit of imprisoning Scott, which might calm things down considerably.

The way I see it Scott is the only person in the equation who is doing what Xavier-following X-Men have always done, he's just having to do it out of a grotty mutant torture facility instead of a nice comfortable school because the Avengers chose to declare him a criminal and the other X-Men have all turned their backs on him.

Had he not been denounced as a criminal for committing a crime while possessed, there could have been some conversations between Scott and the Avengers about what was going to happen in the wake of new mutants being born and some mutually agreed policy could possibly have been reached about how to proceed. It's very difficult to see how that conversation can happen now after the Avengers have been visibly indifferent to giant robots trying to kill Scott while happy to put their resources into trying to hunt him down and recapture him, and being okay about S.H.I.E.L.D. terrorizing kids to do it. It's very difficult to see how their actions could in any way lead him to find them trustworthy. Especially as they have consistently refused to accept that there is currently one law for mutants and one law for humans and that by upholding a law which, while not being inherently prejudiced against mutants, is being implemented far too often by people with an anti-mutant bias they risk becoming part of the problem. Eva told them that to their faces back in UXM v3 #3 of how she was attacked just for being a mutant and they ignored her completely, preferring to arrest Scott than to do anything to make the world a safer place for emerging mutants.

Realistically, if Scott is in a place where he feels that he is the only advocate that mutants have and that if he does nothing mutants will die, and that he can't trust the law to protect them because it hasn't in the past, then the people who have been failing to make him feel otherwise have to shoulder some of the blame.

The Avengers have only been consistent about wanting to arrest him. They haven't suggested any alternative to his methods or given him assurances about caring to guarantee the safety of new mutants themselves. Nor have the JGS. S.H.I.E.L.D. still have sentinels, a weapon designed to hunt down and kill mutants. They could stop having sentinels as part of their arsenal. They could make a public commitment to safeguarding mutants. Those would not be unreasonable actions if they really do believe that mutants are entitled to the same rights as humans. But they haven't really done anything, as yet, to make a mutant who has been declared an outlaw and who wants to keep mutants safe feel that he has anything to gain from working with them. Who, really, is going to expect a man to submit himself to the authority of people who are happy to work with murderers but call him a criminal if he doesn't want to wait around in the corrupt prison they left him in to be murdered? Who really expects Scott to perceive the Avengers as people with any moral authority whatsoever? Or the JGS? Given that Logan nearly murdered Scott himself in prison, never mind the matter of all Logan's past crimes?

From Scott's perspective, if he stops doing what he's doing, mutants die. I would think the first step to be taken by people who want Scott to stop doing what he's doing, would be to give clear proof that an infrastructure is in place more efficient than his that will guarantee the safety and protection of new mutants and will give them training afterwards. Otherwise, then he is all that new mutants have to keep them safe and therefore to not keep doing what he is doing, from Scott's perspective, would be a dereliction of his duty that will inevitably lead to mutant and human casualties that it lies within his power to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Say what you want about Cyclops and his ideals and revolutions, but you cannot deny that the governments are pressuring S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers to try to recapture him.

Despite what you all feel about the ongoing debate over the Avengers way of handling things and Cyclops way of handling this, is there any way for the two sides to reach some compromise and try to work together to salvage what's left over Xavier's demise and his dream ?

I mean no matter who is to blame for Xavier's death, he did die defending humanity from a threat that would destroy them all if it could.

So is there some way for them to reach an agreement and try to work together on things to salvage what's left of Xavier's dream ?

I mean despite how they feel about him, you know the rest of the X-men will not truly try to go and capture Cyclops given their personal connections to him.
    Summers needs to surrender and be prosecuted.

Let the court of laws decide whether or not he's innocent.

There again, he'd probably be charged for all the other acts he did after AvX as well : breaking Emma out of custody, assaulting law enforcers, car-jacking an Helicarrier, blowing up public infrastructures, kidnapping Under aged individuals and so on...

The man is just bad publicity for the rest of mutantkind at the moment.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Summers needs to surrender and be prosecuted.

Let the court of laws decide whether or not he's innocent.

There again, he'd probably be charged for all the other acts he did after AvX as well : breaking Emma out of custody, assaulting law enforcers, car-jacking an Helicarrier, blowing up public infrastructures, kidnapping Under aged individuals and so on...

The man is just bad publicity for the rest of mutantkind at the moment.
    It will be the fairest trial since the historical Wanda Maximoff v. The Avengers

BANNED

A threat caused by the Avengers and exacerbated by Xavier

I mean despite how they feel about him, you know the rest of the "X-men will not truly try to go and capture Cyclops given their personal connections to him."
    And the fact that deep down he was right.
    Even if the Avengers did caused the threat, I mean how else would the planet survived the Phoenix return. Despite what happen, Cyclops DID KEPT SOME INFORMATION FROM HOPE, that she would've used at the time.

Also, Cyclops was all for the Phoenix to restart Mutant gene, but what would have happen if it did Failed ?

For all his preparation, Cyclops wasn't in the know with the deal between Logan and Hope, I mean Hope ASKED Logan to kill her if she got out of control. I mean what would happen if Wolverine wasn't there or Scarlet Witch wasn't there, what would Cyclops and the others do if Hope DID lose control ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Just my opinion, obviously, but I don't think the ball is in Scott's court on the issue because he is not the only person who has made decisions that have led to the current situation. The Avengers chose to have him incarcerated without trial for a crime he committed as a consequence of being possessed due to their interference with a cosmic entity. Then they chose to leave him in a prison where they knew his life was in imminent danger instead of taking him off to Avengers Tower or putting him into the custody of the other X-Men or finding some other solution that didn't involve risking his life. Both the X-Men as represented by Logan and the Avengers as represented by Tony Stark, instead chose to walk away from a place they knew to be corrupt and dangerous to mutants and to leave Scott locked up in it to be murdered. Scott chose to become a fugitive instead of waiting around to be shived and is now a wanted criminal according to them and to S.H.I.E.L.D. although other people who have murdered people while possessed are not considered wanted criminals by the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D., ironically including some Avengers.

Scott and his team is doing what the X-Men have always done - trying to get to newly emerging mutants before their powers damage others or they are attacked by anti-mutant forces and then to help train them to control their powers. Him doing so has become particularly fraught with danger because he is being targeted by the evil sentinel controller who keeps siccing giant death robots on him, which can lead to damage to people and property, and because the Avengers have shown up mob-handed to grab him, including take a Hulk into a small Australian suburb, and because there has been a conspicuous lack of anyone else bothering to rescue newly emerging mutants from their powers manifesting/trigger happy policemen, except for Kitty and the O5, who are now also working out of the NXS.

There are several things other people could do. A team from the JGS could make it their priority to assist/rescue/contain newly emerging mutants whose powers might be dangerous/who might be persecuted by government forces or local police. They are the first X-Men who have not done that in addition to running a school, after all. Then Scott could stop risking arrest trying to save mutants because someone else would be doing the job.

The Avengers could choose to stop declaring Scott a wanted criminal for committing a crime while possessed, while being happy to hang out with Avengers who have committed crimes while possessed whom they do not feel the need to hunt down and arrest. They could even do something to help mutants themselves while the Uncanny Avengers team that Rogers formed for that purpose is unavoidably detained off-world and so unable to fulfill the assisting mutants part of its mandate. S.H.I.E.L.D. could stop arresting/interrogating/intimidating Scott's pupils in their pursuit of imprisoning Scott, which might calm things down considerably.

The way I see it Scott is the only person in the equation who is doing what Xavier-following X-Men have always done, he's just having to do it out of a grotty mutant torture facility instead of a nice comfortable school because the Avengers chose to declare him a criminal and the other X-Men have all turned their backs on him.

Had he not been denounced as a criminal for committing a crime while possessed, there could have been some conversations between Scott and the Avengers about what was going to happen in the wake of new mutants being born and some mutually agreed policy could possibly have been reached about how to proceed. It's very difficult to see how that conversation can happen now after the Avengers have been visibly indifferent to giant robots trying to kill Scott while happy to put their resources into trying to hunt him down and recapture him, and being okay about S.H.I.E.L.D. terrorizing kids to do it. It's very difficult to see how their actions could in any way lead him to find them trustworthy. Especially as they have consistently refused to accept that there is currently one law for mutants and one law for humans and that by upholding a law which, while not being inherently prejudiced against mutants, is being implemented far too often by people with an anti-mutant bias they risk becoming part of the problem. Eva told them that to their faces back in UXM v3 #3 of how she was attacked just for being a mutant and they ignored her completely, preferring to arrest Scott than to do anything to make the world a safer place for emerging mutants.

Realistically, if Scott is in a place where he feels that he is the only advocate that mutants have and that if he does nothing mutants will die, and that he can't trust the law to protect them because it hasn't in the past, then the people who have been failing to make him feel otherwise have to shoulder some of the blame.

The Avengers have only been consistent about wanting to arrest him. They haven't suggested any alternative to his methods or given him assurances about caring to guarantee the safety of new mutants themselves. Nor have the JGS. S.H.I.E.L.D. still have sentinels, a weapon designed to hunt down and kill mutants. They could stop having sentinels as part of their arsenal. They could make a public commitment to safeguarding mutants. Those would not be unreasonable actions if they really do believe that mutants are entitled to the same rights as humans. But they haven't really done anything, as yet, to make a mutant who has been declared an outlaw and who wants to keep mutants safe feel that he has anything to gain from working with them. Who, really, is going to expect a man to submit himself to the authority of people who are happy to work with murderers but call him a criminal if he doesn't want to wait around in the corrupt prison they left him in to be murdered? Who really expects Scott to perceive the Avengers as people with any moral authority whatsoever? Or the JGS? Given that Logan nearly murdered Scott himself in prison, never mind the matter of all Logan's past crimes?

From Scott's perspective, if he stops doing what he's doing, mutants die. I would think the first step to be taken by people who want Scott to stop doing what he's doing, would be to give clear proof that an infrastructure is in place more efficient than his that will guarantee the safety and protection of new mutants and will give them training afterwards. Otherwise, then he is all that new mutants have to keep them safe and therefore to not keep doing what he is doing, from Scott's perspective, would be a dereliction of his duty that will inevitably lead to mutant and human casualties that it lies within his power to prevent.
    Maybe the Avengers didn't fully know about the arrest, maybe it was the government that did it because they were afraid of Cyclops ?

I mean yeah, I can admit that the Avengers had little information on the Phoenix force despite what was given to them by Beast and Logan, BUT you cannot say that Cyclops didn't prepare for EVERY OCCASION during that moment, right ?

I mean CYCLOPS COULD HAVE AVOIDED THE FIGHT IF HE JUST TOLD THE AVENGERS THE TRUTH, and not in a negative way.

Logan was right about one thing, Cyclops was emotionally defensive when it came to the Phoenix, so not all of his information was wrong, right ?

And you cannot ignore that, in a sort of way, the Avengers did CLEAN UP A MESS THAT WAS STARTED BY A FELLOW AVENGER/MUTANT, so that could make things even, or it's a start, right ?

And even if he's following Xavier's way, I feel that he's going about it a bit darkly, despite what humanity may see in mutants, even if he's trying to defend them, he's going about it in a dark way and may just cause a bit more harm than good, is what I'm saying.

I mean even his former X-men peers are questioning his rational choices as of late. So that should at least mean that his choices are a bit...debatable, right ?