View Poll Results: Who is your favorite New Avengers member?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hawkeye

17 11.89%
  • Hulkling

9 6.29%
  • Songbird

48 33.57%
  • Squirrel Girl

22 15.38%
  • Sunspot

33 23.08%
  • Wiccan

14 9.79%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    uh... "Squirrel Girl"?
    "Spider-Man." "Captain America." "Superman." Comics have a long history of characters using silly codenames. It's just that a lot of them get passes because they've been around so long.

A marvel podcast confirmed White Tiger and Power Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    "Spider-Man." "Captain America." "Superman." Comics have a long history of characters using silly codenames. It's just that a lot of them get passes because they've been around so long.
    Yeah. Can't wait for Bunny Man and Puppy Eyes to kick their asses!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Great news, more reason to buy.. Have a link to the podcast... And I guess the former cast of MA is being split up between 3 books instead of 4...

They sound corny now but they were meant to be cool when they were created. Squirrel Girl is the opposite. The name was supposed to be goofy from the start. Spiders, bats or wolverine themes are supposed to be scary or badass. Talking to squirrels and having a big fluffy tail never was.

At the end of the day I don't even think her fans would want her to become serious.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 07-06-2015 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

I like both of these characters but of the book is head towards more of a "teen" book/ Avengers Acdemy deal then I will be out and fast. Really don't enjoy Marvel does there teen books.

Awesome. I like what Ewing's done with them in Mighty Avengers. And I'm as big fan of teen books in general, which is what this seems to lead towards. So I'm glad to hear this.

They sound corny now but they were meant to be cool when they were created. Squirrel Girl is the opposite. The name was supposed to be goofy from the start. Spiders, bats or wolverine themes are supposed to be scary or badass. Talking to squirrels and having a big fluffy tail never was.

At the end of the day I don't even think her fans would want her to become serious.
    I'd say I'm a fan of Squirrel Girl, and while I don't want her to become serious, I do want to see her get used in a book that isn't strictly comedy. She's a goofy character, sure, but having a goofy character in a normal series can be really fun. There's a long history of that sort of thing. I get the feeling sitcoms might be a good comparison here. They're comedic, yes, but most of them also have plenty of drama, and the characters are generally mostly normal, with one or two quirks. And then there's usually one character who's just bizarre. So Squirrel Girl could be the Phoebe of New Avengers.

That's great! Now almost all Mighty Avengers characters have a "home" in ANAD Marvel!

Makes sense with Ewing writing the book.

Although I still miss the Angela Del Toro White Tiger
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

So Squirrel Girl could be the Phoebe of New Avengers.
    Ten words that may have tipped the book into my pull list. I love Doreen, her current series is a brilliant mix of childlike simplicity, stupid jokes and a very tongue-in-cheek look at the comics universe. I love it, but as had been said, mixing her current status into what appears to be a reasonably serious Avengers book worries me. I do not want to see a grim or gritty Squirrel Girl.

Hawkguy's Joey. And yes, it must be hawkGUY.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ten words that may have tipped the book into my pull list. I love Doreen, her current series is a brilliant mix of childlike simplicity, stupid jokes and a very tongue-in-cheek look at the comics universe. I love it, but as had been said, mixing her current status into what appears to be a reasonably serious Avengers book worries me. I do not want to see a grim or gritty Squirrel Girl.

Hawkguy's Joey. And yes, it must be hawkGUY.
    I don't know why anyone expects Squirrel Girl to suddenly be serious in New Avengers. The cast is largely fun as it is. Sunspot, Wiccan and Hulkling are all pretty light, fun characters. Hawkeye tends to be a quippy character. Songbird is the most serious one there. Ewing's got a humourous writing style. This will likely be a lot like his Mighty Avengers run - a blend of comedy and drama. Squirrel Girl will be the most comedic character, Songbird probably the most dramatic.

I wonder if Doreen will keep reminding to Purple Arrow that they both used to be part of the Greatest Avengers team of all time.

Now that Sunspot won't have his best wingman, I think Doreen is in the book to bring the laughs.

I mean, can you imagine what a bunch morally loose scientist are likely to do to try to test her abilities? And how dumbfounded they will be when she exceeds their expectations. She is there to help keep the book at a certain level of hilarity and I wish Ewing the best of luck in using her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    http://comicsalliance.com/mighty-fin...l-merchandise/

Mighty Fine is one of many places that has profited off of her "brand"
    Thank you for the link. :-)

I think she gets attention because she's a joke character but I really don't see her working as a regular unless New Avengers turns out to be a "comedy" book, like Wolverine and the X-Men.

Squirrel Girl is not always "comedy" stories. You should check her out in New Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    it would be easier to say who I'm least excited about being on the team since with the exception of this one character I really love everyone in this lineup.

Honestly if Squirrel-Girl wasn't in this line-up then I think this would be a near ideal team for me, as it is I find her presence both forced and completely unnecessary. I'm really hoping that we're all mistaken and that who we're seeing ends up being Elsa Bloodstone.

Squirrel Girl has been in a previous New Avengers book before. So I don't feel her presence in this book as "forced and "unnecessary".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She appeared in X-Men-related titles. THOSE were popular, but it doesn't automatically = Storm was more popular. Hell, if The Toad had been a member of any X-Men team during a significant run, would that have meant The Toad was more popular than, say, Dr. Strange?
    Toad is a villain. You use "if" which never happened. Storm appeared in different books, not just in one book.

If Toad has appeared in multiple books, then we might be able to say he is more popular that Strange for that period only. But overall, Toad is not. Storm has always been in comics since her first appearance. Toad didn't have that. Toad has not also really been exposed to other forms of media while Storm consistently shows up on other forms of media.